My husband and I are planning a trip to France in September. We were in Italy for 3 weeks in May, so visiting many museums and churches are not necessary.
Here are our thoughts:
Fly into Nice and out of Paris
2 week trip
I am seeking recommendations for Day trips from Nice.
I am seeking some day trips from Paris. We are already planning to visit Versailles.
When in Provence and Burgundy, what are some good base towns?
Here, we would like to stay a few nights(2 or 3) in the countryside or in a Farmhouse. Does anyone have any recommendations?. I am having a harder time finding places in France than i did for Italy. We would like to stay in an area that has vineyards and rolling hills. We would need to stay in a place that is relatively close to a main train station since we won't have a car, but don't mind paying for a taxi to the farmhouse. Since we won't have a car, we will need a restaurant nearby or on the grounds and a possible nearby village where we can walk the streets or grab something to eat.
Would you recommend visiting Bordeaux?
Between Bordeaux, Provence and Burgundy which 2 should I visit. I don't think I want to travel to all 3. Can I do 1 area of the 3 as a day trip, and from where?
I am looking Recommendations needed for day tours or cooking classes.
We absolutely loved Italy and will be returning for another trip, but until then, would it be wise to fly into Milan, stay in Lake Como then head to Nice and move our way up towards Paris?
Any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated for places to visit while in France are appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Quickest and cheapest way to get to Marco Polo from Mogliano Veneto?
- 2 Car rental leaving Rome
- 3 small Paris hotel 6 or 7 Arr
- 4 Christmas Market and Parking
- 5 Naxos hotels? has anyone stayed at Finikas?
- 6 Paris Under Seige...
- 7 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 8 London Travelcard vs oyster card
- 9 Solvenia to Venice stops on the way
- 10 Pre-Booking Train Tickets
- 11 Summer Language Programs in Germany
- 12 Advices about our itiniary
- 13 Amsterdam - Germanyin mid April
- 14 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 15 Lisbon Portugal to Madrid Spain in January
- 16 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 17 Poll: Most loved smaller European cities & towns (under 500,000 pop.)
- 18 Interested in Icelandic cuisine?
- 19 First Day: Cashel or Kilkenny?
- 20 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 21 Stroller in Europe
- 22 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 23 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 24 Best company/Tour for one day Amalfi Coast from Rome
- 25 NEED HELP PLANNING SPAIN ITINERARY
France Trip help - Paris, Burgundy, Provence, French Riviera