My husband and I are planning a trip to France in September. We were in Italy for 3 weeks in May, so visiting many museums and churches are not necessary.
Here are our thoughts:
Fly into Nice and out of Paris
2 week trip
I am seeking recommendations for Day trips from Nice.
I am seeking some day trips from Paris. We are already planning to visit Versailles.
When in Provence and Burgundy, what are some good base towns?
Here, we would like to stay a few nights(2 or 3) in the countryside or in a Farmhouse. Does anyone have any recommendations?. I am having a harder time finding places in France than i did for Italy. We would like to stay in an area that has vineyards and rolling hills. We would need to stay in a place that is relatively close to a main train station since we won't have a car, but don't mind paying for a taxi to the farmhouse. Since we won't have a car, we will need a restaurant nearby or on the grounds and a possible nearby village where we can walk the streets or grab something to eat.
Would you recommend visiting Bordeaux?
Between Bordeaux, Provence and Burgundy which 2 should I visit. I don't think I want to travel to all 3. Can I do 1 area of the 3 as a day trip, and from where?
I am looking Recommendations needed for day tours or cooking classes.
We absolutely loved Italy and will be returning for another trip, but until then, would it be wise to fly into Milan, stay in Lake Como then head to Nice and move our way up towards Paris?
Any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated for places to visit while in France are appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 2 London is it worth it?
- 3 Montserrat Express
- 4 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 5 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 6 International drivers permit
- 7 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 8 Places to stop/stay?
- 9 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 10 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 11 transportation from De Gaulle airport
- 12 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 13 Croatia, Montenegro, Slovenia Itinerary July
- 14 ATM help
- 15 Stockholm 5.5 days
- 16 Best Masseria in Puglia
- 17 Visit to Sardinia
- 18 Car Rentals in Ireland
- 19 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 20 Advice on 1 day trip to Black Forest
- 21 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 22 6 days in Stockholm - itinerary, questions
- 23 Help me make this possible!
- 24 Croatia Intinerary August 2017
- 25 Road Trip - Ireland, Scotland and England
France Trip help - Paris, Burgundy, Provence, French Riviera