My husband and I are planning a trip to France in September. We were in Italy for 3 weeks in May, so visiting many museums and churches are not necessary.
Here are our thoughts:
Fly into Nice and out of Paris
2 week trip
I am seeking recommendations for Day trips from Nice.
I am seeking some day trips from Paris. We are already planning to visit Versailles.
When in Provence and Burgundy, what are some good base towns?
Here, we would like to stay a few nights(2 or 3) in the countryside or in a Farmhouse. Does anyone have any recommendations?. I am having a harder time finding places in France than i did for Italy. We would like to stay in an area that has vineyards and rolling hills. We would need to stay in a place that is relatively close to a main train station since we won't have a car, but don't mind paying for a taxi to the farmhouse. Since we won't have a car, we will need a restaurant nearby or on the grounds and a possible nearby village where we can walk the streets or grab something to eat.
Would you recommend visiting Bordeaux?
Between Bordeaux, Provence and Burgundy which 2 should I visit. I don't think I want to travel to all 3. Can I do 1 area of the 3 as a day trip, and from where?
I am looking Recommendations needed for day tours or cooking classes.
We absolutely loved Italy and will be returning for another trip, but until then, would it be wise to fly into Milan, stay in Lake Como then head to Nice and move our way up towards Paris?
Any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated for places to visit while in France are appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 2 Traveling in Belgium
- 3 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 4 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 5 Notes on St. Petersburg
- 6 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 7 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 8 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 9 Appenzell in December?
- 10 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 11 Booking.com trustworthy?
- 12 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 13 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 14 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 15 My nephew’s visit to Edinburgh (or, OMG to be 18 again.)
- 16 Sisi Ticket - skip line at Hofburg?
- 17 Euro road trip – looking for advice please
- 18 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 19 crete or santorini in Oct.
- 20 Hiking Tips in Scotland
- 21 Rick Steves Pickpocketed in Paris!
- 22 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 23 4 days in france w 4 kids
- 24 2 Weeks in Switzerland w/kids?
- 25 PRAGUE-TOP 10 THINGS TO DO
France Trip help - Paris, Burgundy, Provence, French Riviera