My husband and I are planning a trip to France in September. We were in Italy for 3 weeks in May, so visiting many museums and churches are not necessary.
Here are our thoughts:
Fly into Nice and out of Paris
2 week trip
I am seeking recommendations for Day trips from Nice.
I am seeking some day trips from Paris. We are already planning to visit Versailles.
When in Provence and Burgundy, what are some good base towns?
Here, we would like to stay a few nights(2 or 3) in the countryside or in a Farmhouse. Does anyone have any recommendations?. I am having a harder time finding places in France than i did for Italy. We would like to stay in an area that has vineyards and rolling hills. We would need to stay in a place that is relatively close to a main train station since we won't have a car, but don't mind paying for a taxi to the farmhouse. Since we won't have a car, we will need a restaurant nearby or on the grounds and a possible nearby village where we can walk the streets or grab something to eat.
Would you recommend visiting Bordeaux?
Between Bordeaux, Provence and Burgundy which 2 should I visit. I don't think I want to travel to all 3. Can I do 1 area of the 3 as a day trip, and from where?
I am looking Recommendations needed for day tours or cooking classes.
We absolutely loved Italy and will be returning for another trip, but until then, would it be wise to fly into Milan, stay in Lake Como then head to Nice and move our way up towards Paris?
Any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated for places to visit while in France are appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The highlands
- 2 Breakfast: London
- 3 June '17-Verona Piedmont Liguria?
- 4 Travel plan help in Germany
- 5 Macedonia, Greece
- 6 Norwway trip report
- 7 Mysterious EuropCar charge 4.5 months after turning in car
- 8 Rhine River
- 9 Athens, Greece--transfer from airport to downtown hotel
- 10 Oh no, not another grammar lesson! Learning italian in Venice - a TR.
- 11 Anybody rented from Allure-Apart?
- 12 Best way to see Croatia?
- 13 Amalfi Coast by Car
- 14 April 8 - 16, 1 country, 1 male, the best choice?
- 15 Rome For 2 days
- 16 Amalie/Rome
- 17 Norway Trip Report 2016
- 18 Where To Buy Caffeine Capsules/Pills In Nice, France
- 19 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 20 Where in Europe for 15 full days from 21 Oct to 6 Nov 2016?
- 21 Transfer in CDG - claim our baggage & do passport control??
- 22 Europe Itinerary
- 23 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 24 Suggested Itinerary Low Countries, Scotland, Enfland Lake district
- 25 Tarbet scotland
France Trip help - Paris, Burgundy, Provence, French Riviera