My husband and I are planning a trip to France in September. We were in Italy for 3 weeks in May, so visiting many museums and churches are not necessary.
Here are our thoughts:
Fly into Nice and out of Paris
2 week trip
I am seeking recommendations for Day trips from Nice.
I am seeking some day trips from Paris. We are already planning to visit Versailles.
When in Provence and Burgundy, what are some good base towns?
Here, we would like to stay a few nights(2 or 3) in the countryside or in a Farmhouse. Does anyone have any recommendations?. I am having a harder time finding places in France than i did for Italy. We would like to stay in an area that has vineyards and rolling hills. We would need to stay in a place that is relatively close to a main train station since we won't have a car, but don't mind paying for a taxi to the farmhouse. Since we won't have a car, we will need a restaurant nearby or on the grounds and a possible nearby village where we can walk the streets or grab something to eat.
Would you recommend visiting Bordeaux?
Between Bordeaux, Provence and Burgundy which 2 should I visit. I don't think I want to travel to all 3. Can I do 1 area of the 3 as a day trip, and from where?
I am looking Recommendations needed for day tours or cooking classes.
We absolutely loved Italy and will be returning for another trip, but until then, would it be wise to fly into Milan, stay in Lake Como then head to Nice and move our way up towards Paris?
Any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated for places to visit while in France are appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hike from Muotta Naluns
- 2 rental car outskirts of Rome
- 3 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 4 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 5 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 6 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 7 Amalfi coast
- 8 French lavender and cottages
- 9 Amalfi Coast or the Lakes and where to fit in France?
- 10 Rome to Pompeii, luggage goes where?
- 11 Krka waterfalls- Best time and best hotel?
- 12 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 13 Where to eat Paella in Valencia?
- 14 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?
- 15 Rome Rental Car
- 16 Dublin Hotel Advice & Construction
- 17 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 18 Iceland Waterfall Advice
- 19 Toddler stroller - Yes or No for Switzerland trip?
- 20 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 21 italy itinerary
- 22 Amalfi Coast lodging
- 23 3 weeks in France, solo and without a car: please advise!
- 24 Family trip: Andalucia in November
- 25 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
France Trip help - Paris, Burgundy, Provence, French Riviera