My husband and I are planning a trip to France in September. We were in Italy for 3 weeks in May, so visiting many museums and churches are not necessary.
Here are our thoughts:
Fly into Nice and out of Paris
2 week trip
I am seeking recommendations for Day trips from Nice.
I am seeking some day trips from Paris. We are already planning to visit Versailles.
When in Provence and Burgundy, what are some good base towns?
Here, we would like to stay a few nights(2 or 3) in the countryside or in a Farmhouse. Does anyone have any recommendations?. I am having a harder time finding places in France than i did for Italy. We would like to stay in an area that has vineyards and rolling hills. We would need to stay in a place that is relatively close to a main train station since we won't have a car, but don't mind paying for a taxi to the farmhouse. Since we won't have a car, we will need a restaurant nearby or on the grounds and a possible nearby village where we can walk the streets or grab something to eat.
Would you recommend visiting Bordeaux?
Between Bordeaux, Provence and Burgundy which 2 should I visit. I don't think I want to travel to all 3. Can I do 1 area of the 3 as a day trip, and from where?
I am looking Recommendations needed for day tours or cooking classes.
We absolutely loved Italy and will be returning for another trip, but until then, would it be wise to fly into Milan, stay in Lake Como then head to Nice and move our way up towards Paris?
Any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated for places to visit while in France are appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Solo Adventure
- 2 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 3 Airline to Rome
- 4 Trains in Italy
- 5 Dublin Luggage storage
- 6 Italy with baby - where to go?
- 7 Croatia short sail trip
- 8 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 9 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 10 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 11 Mid/late November: Tuscany or Andalucia? (1 week)
- 12 Alitala
- 13 Hotels in Copenhagen
- 14 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 15 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 16 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 17 Low Cost Holidays Package
- 18 Hiking/Photographing the Black Forest
- 19 Which Hotel in Rome
- 20 First Solo Adventure
- 21 Are you interested in visiting Iceland or you already have?
- 22 Travelling alone to Turkey @18
- 23 Georgia in 4 days
- 24 Where should I go with my family?
- 25 Tasting sherry in Jerez
France Trip help - Paris, Burgundy, Provence, French Riviera