My husband and I are planning a trip to France in September. We were in Italy for 3 weeks in May, so visiting many museums and churches are not necessary.
Here are our thoughts:
Fly into Nice and out of Paris
2 week trip
I am seeking recommendations for Day trips from Nice.
I am seeking some day trips from Paris. We are already planning to visit Versailles.
When in Provence and Burgundy, what are some good base towns?
Here, we would like to stay a few nights(2 or 3) in the countryside or in a Farmhouse. Does anyone have any recommendations?. I am having a harder time finding places in France than i did for Italy. We would like to stay in an area that has vineyards and rolling hills. We would need to stay in a place that is relatively close to a main train station since we won't have a car, but don't mind paying for a taxi to the farmhouse. Since we won't have a car, we will need a restaurant nearby or on the grounds and a possible nearby village where we can walk the streets or grab something to eat.
Would you recommend visiting Bordeaux?
Between Bordeaux, Provence and Burgundy which 2 should I visit. I don't think I want to travel to all 3. Can I do 1 area of the 3 as a day trip, and from where?
I am looking Recommendations needed for day tours or cooking classes.
We absolutely loved Italy and will be returning for another trip, but until then, would it be wise to fly into Milan, stay in Lake Como then head to Nice and move our way up towards Paris?
Any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated for places to visit while in France are appreciated.
France Trip help - Paris, Burgundy, Provence, French Riviera
- 1 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 2 Are they doing this yet in Paris and Rome?
- 3 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 4 Looking for a serviced apartment in York
- 5 London for Christmas
- 6 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 7 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 8 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 9 To Paris and Provence in June
- 10 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 11 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 12 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 13 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 14 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 15 A full week in The Netherlands
- 16 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 17 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 18 Rental Agency Recommendation
- 19 Apartments in Rome
- 20 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 21 Prague - must see
- 22 Hungary and Czech Republic
- 23 jewlery or no jewlery?
- 24 all white pottery shop near La Deniere Goutte Wine Shop
- 25 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia