My husband and I are planning a trip to France in September. We were in Italy for 3 weeks in May, so visiting many museums and churches are not necessary.
Here are our thoughts:
Fly into Nice and out of Paris
2 week trip
I am seeking recommendations for Day trips from Nice.
I am seeking some day trips from Paris. We are already planning to visit Versailles.
When in Provence and Burgundy, what are some good base towns?
Here, we would like to stay a few nights(2 or 3) in the countryside or in a Farmhouse. Does anyone have any recommendations?. I am having a harder time finding places in France than i did for Italy. We would like to stay in an area that has vineyards and rolling hills. We would need to stay in a place that is relatively close to a main train station since we won't have a car, but don't mind paying for a taxi to the farmhouse. Since we won't have a car, we will need a restaurant nearby or on the grounds and a possible nearby village where we can walk the streets or grab something to eat.
Would you recommend visiting Bordeaux?
Between Bordeaux, Provence and Burgundy which 2 should I visit. I don't think I want to travel to all 3. Can I do 1 area of the 3 as a day trip, and from where?
I am looking Recommendations needed for day tours or cooking classes.
We absolutely loved Italy and will be returning for another trip, but until then, would it be wise to fly into Milan, stay in Lake Como then head to Nice and move our way up towards Paris?
Any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated for places to visit while in France are appreciated.
France Trip help - Paris, Burgundy, Provence, French Riviera
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Gift for my European Friends- How about Hershey?
- 2 Berlin: evening dining
- 3 Alhambra questions
- 4 IST plane transfer - cutting it too close?
- 5 Which area to stay in Madrid?
- 6 Mont St. Michele?
- 7 Going to Croatia for 7-9 days in early June
- 8 LHR to Victoria by Tube - Best Place to Transfer
- 9 Hoping to stay cool this summer - any comments on my northern itinerary?
- 10 Belgium for 4 nights by train
- 11 Hotel in Paris
- 12 taking kids to france for first time next summer-help!
- 13 Tedgale trip report: One glorious week in London, February, 2015
- 14 lauterbrunnen lodging, down to 2 choices
- 15 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 16 Where to stay near Pont du Gard
- 17 Any Pros Out There on Sending FedEx from Italy to U.S.?
- 18 Southwestern England
- 19 Norway and Denmark Itinerary Critique Please
- 20 Amsterdam with young toddler
- 21 Apartments (via airbnb) or Hotels / B&Bs in Italy
- 22 Where to stay in Varenna, Italy for 2 nights?
- 23 Refining Alsace itinerary
- 24 Which disposable cell phone to buy in France?
- 25 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May