My husband and I are planning a trip to France in September. We were in Italy for 3 weeks in May, so visiting many museums and churches are not necessary.
Here are our thoughts:
Fly into Nice and out of Paris
2 week trip
I am seeking recommendations for Day trips from Nice.
I am seeking some day trips from Paris. We are already planning to visit Versailles.
When in Provence and Burgundy, what are some good base towns?
Here, we would like to stay a few nights(2 or 3) in the countryside or in a Farmhouse. Does anyone have any recommendations?. I am having a harder time finding places in France than i did for Italy. We would like to stay in an area that has vineyards and rolling hills. We would need to stay in a place that is relatively close to a main train station since we won't have a car, but don't mind paying for a taxi to the farmhouse. Since we won't have a car, we will need a restaurant nearby or on the grounds and a possible nearby village where we can walk the streets or grab something to eat.
Would you recommend visiting Bordeaux?
Between Bordeaux, Provence and Burgundy which 2 should I visit. I don't think I want to travel to all 3. Can I do 1 area of the 3 as a day trip, and from where?
I am looking Recommendations needed for day tours or cooking classes.
We absolutely loved Italy and will be returning for another trip, but until then, would it be wise to fly into Milan, stay in Lake Como then head to Nice and move our way up towards Paris?
Any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated for places to visit while in France are appreciated.
France Trip help - Paris, Burgundy, Provence, French Riviera
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel Web Site Anywhere to Anywhere
- 2 France/Italy Itinerary Check
- 3 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 4 Estonia Amber
- 5 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 6 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 7 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 8 Villages to stay in Germany close to trains
- 9 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 10 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 11 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 12 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 13 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 14 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 15 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 16 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 17 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 18 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 19 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 20 9 days in turkey
- 21 Burg Eltz
- 22 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 23 Germany-berlin marathon
- 24 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 25 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions