I am visiting France with friends and we will be traveling by rail for several of our trips. I have already booked passage on the trains we would like to use. Here are my questions:
On 2 of the legs of the trip, it suggested I book seats, then said that there were no seats available. Do I actually have a reservation on these trains? Does it simply mean that we might have to stand? Or is there a chance that we could get to the station and not be able to travel?
I would like to pick up the tickets at the train station, as that was one of the ways to access our tickets. When I received my confirmation, it says that you must use the credit card used for purchase to pick up the tickets, and that credit cards with the magnetic strip (which is all I have found in the US) cannot be used. Is there some way to retrieve these tickets other than with a European-style credit card? Do I need to change the method of receiving the tickets?
I have sent an email to sncf and hope to hear back from them, but would also be grateful for any advice from the forums.
Any assistance would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL Reset Password CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 AOL MAIL Technical SUPP0RT
- 2 US : NORTON Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482 :3831 NORTON ANTIVIRUS 24*7
- 3 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 4 Graz in January
- 5 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 6 Threat Level in UK
- 7 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 8 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 9 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 10 Itinery help Crete
- 11 London Hotel - Different Request
- 12 Iceland trip report!
- 13 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 14 S. Kensington London Restaurants
- 15 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 16 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 17 Sun loungers and parasols
- 18 BA flights canceled until 18:00 local
- 19 3 nights in Madrid
- 20 Malaga Spain
- 21 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 22 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 23 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 24 TIM in FCO - update
- 25 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou