I am visiting France with friends and we will be traveling by rail for several of our trips. I have already booked passage on the trains we would like to use. Here are my questions:
On 2 of the legs of the trip, it suggested I book seats, then said that there were no seats available. Do I actually have a reservation on these trains? Does it simply mean that we might have to stand? Or is there a chance that we could get to the station and not be able to travel?
I would like to pick up the tickets at the train station, as that was one of the ways to access our tickets. When I received my confirmation, it says that you must use the credit card used for purchase to pick up the tickets, and that credit cards with the magnetic strip (which is all I have found in the US) cannot be used. Is there some way to retrieve these tickets other than with a European-style credit card? Do I need to change the method of receiving the tickets?
I have sent an email to sncf and hope to hear back from them, but would also be grateful for any advice from the forums.
Any assistance would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 2 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 3 Ireland itinerary help please
- 4 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 5 Ronda Wine/biking
- 6 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 7 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 8 No Periods in British Written English!
- 9 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 10 Perugia
- 11 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 12 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 13 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 14 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 15 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 16 Favorite restaurants, Florence
- 17 Areas in Milan
- 18 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 19 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 20 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 21 CDG much improved
- 22 St Denis Cathedral
- 23 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 24 Versailles & musical fountains: Touristy or Magical? Skip it or Don't Miss?
- 25 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?