So the ideas for my six week Europe trip from Australia in July and August keep flowing, and so does the confusion of what to pick!
So far we have eight nights planned for Spain, from July 4 to July 12, then four nights in the Pyrenees to watch some of the Tour de France, before heading up to Paris. Here I want to stay at least three nights.
Then I really wanted to go to Chamonix. My travel companion wants to go to Venice so we could go our own way for a few days. Or I could go to Venice with her (both totally different experiences I know but will the mountains in the Pyrenees suffice and therefore is Venice worthy of seeing?) I should say I love the great outdoors and the natural beauty of the world the most - so hiking, running, cycling are my things ... but I also love cities and culture ...
So if we left Pairs on July 20 we would have to spend that day travelling no matter what I did. That would give me from July 21 to 26 to do either Venice or Chamonix. If I did Venice for two nights, i could perhaps go to the Dolomites (and therefore still get my mountain fix ..?) But it appears to take such a long time to get into and out of this area. From there we want to to to Cinque Terre - another long day of travelling to get to from the Dolomites ...
I guess my question is am I better off going to Chamonix and hiking and enjoying five or so days there and then putting up with just one day of long travel to get to Cinque Terre, or is it worth flying from Paris to Venice, heading up to the Dolomites (or is there somewhere else closer to Venice that I could get some great outdoors experience??) and then heading from there to Cnque Terre?
So much to think about!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 rocketmail@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Tech SUPP0RT CARE *
- 2 Belfast leading up to July 12
- 3 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 4 Rethinking my late September vacation in Madrid/Andalusia – Italy instead?
- 5 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 6 Hotels in Turin
- 7 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 8 two days to travel from bolzano to assisi
- 9 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 10 Best layover option
- 11 3 months in Bristol
- 12 TR-Croatia and Italy. A bit long but it's all here in one post.
- 13 Lunch in Lake Garda
- 14 Summer Mountain Retreats
- 15 Watching A Musical At The West End In London
- 16 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 17 Spanish Civil War Tour in Barcelona
- 18 Bus from Potsdam to Dresden
- 19 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace
- 20 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 21 TravelCard vs Oyster
- 22 Greece Honeymoon Itineraries
- 23 Chania or Rhodes Town
- 24 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 25 Lake Como AREA questions