After countless hours within these forums, I’ve built a draft itinerary for our upcoming 5 week holiday in Europe next July/Aug (flying in and out from Paris)
For those that have experienced these countries, do you have any changes or suggestions you would make to the below draft itinerary? Do it feel too rushed?
We are in our 30’s, so easily able to move around, but also want to soak up the atmosphere of each town. We love our food and wine and the culture that comes with that!
I am open to as many changes as you see fit, the only change we can’t make is San Sebastian & Mojacar as we are meeting up with friends.
Paris (5th or 6th quarter) - 5 nights
Train to Bordeaux - 2 nights
Train to San Sebastian - 3 nights (via train change at Irun station)
Mojacar - 3 nights (We’ll be staying with friends who will pick us up from San Sebastian)
Drive to Seville - 2 nights (looking at hiring a car from Almeria)
Fly or Train to Barcelona - 3 nights
Fly to Rome - 4 nights
Train to Florence - 3 nights
Train to Cinque Terre 1 night (or extra night in Florence)
Train to Venice - 2 nights
Train or Hire Car to Lucerne or Interlaken – 3 nights
Train to Paris 0 1 night (to catch a 12pm flight home from Paris the following day)
Finally, my next step is to start looking at accommodation…I am happy to do the research on this, but if you have any MUST SEE/STAY suggestions that we should look at, definitely open to hear those too. We are currently estimating around the 150 (euros) mark per night/close to the main attractions where possible.
Thanks in advance for any help you are able to provide!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Southern France Small Towns for Expat Retirement
- 2 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 3 Best Greek Island
- 4 Reading for Italy, Adventures Abroad
- 5 Italy in a week
- 6 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 7 Spain in November
- 8 Help us decide-- Ferrara, Mantua, Padua, Verona, Vicenza?
- 9 Driving from Barcelona to Faro, Portugal
- 10 Warsaw/Krakow other lovely towns?
- 11 I'm 18. Am I too young to backpack through Europe?
- 12 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 13 UK Theatre site won't accept US zip code
- 14 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 15 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 16 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 17 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 18 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 19 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 20 Night Bus?
- 21 hotels in Reyjkavik
- 22 What to chowe..Tomar, Alcobaca, Batalha
- 23 Italian coastal area Genoa and south--low key, active, scenic
- 24 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 25 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain