After countless hours within these forums, I’ve built a draft itinerary for our upcoming 5 week holiday in Europe next July/Aug (flying in and out from Paris)
For those that have experienced these countries, do you have any changes or suggestions you would make to the below draft itinerary? Do it feel too rushed?
We are in our 30’s, so easily able to move around, but also want to soak up the atmosphere of each town. We love our food and wine and the culture that comes with that!
I am open to as many changes as you see fit, the only change we can’t make is San Sebastian & Mojacar as we are meeting up with friends.
Paris (5th or 6th quarter) - 5 nights
Train to Bordeaux - 2 nights
Train to San Sebastian - 3 nights (via train change at Irun station)
Mojacar - 3 nights (We’ll be staying with friends who will pick us up from San Sebastian)
Drive to Seville - 2 nights (looking at hiring a car from Almeria)
Fly or Train to Barcelona - 3 nights
Fly to Rome - 4 nights
Train to Florence - 3 nights
Train to Cinque Terre 1 night (or extra night in Florence)
Train to Venice - 2 nights
Train or Hire Car to Lucerne or Interlaken – 3 nights
Train to Paris 0 1 night (to catch a 12pm flight home from Paris the following day)
Finally, my next step is to start looking at accommodation…I am happy to do the research on this, but if you have any MUST SEE/STAY suggestions that we should look at, definitely open to hear those too. We are currently estimating around the 150 (euros) mark per night/close to the main attractions where possible.
Thanks in advance for any help you are able to provide!
France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 flights from San Francisco to Germany
- 2 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 3 4-6 weeks
- 4 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 5 Help With Vienna
- 6 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 7 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 8 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 9 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 10 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 11 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 12 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family
- 13 Eiffel tower tickets
- 14 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 15 Venice Banning Fodors
- 16 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 17 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 18 Difference in price between Lufthansa and United
- 19 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 20 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 21 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 22 France, Italy and Greec
- 23 How to pay tolls in Portugal when there is no toll booth
- 24 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 25 Why go further, Manchester Christmas Markets back soon.