After countless hours within these forums, I’ve built a draft itinerary for our upcoming 5 week holiday in Europe next July/Aug (flying in and out from Paris)
For those that have experienced these countries, do you have any changes or suggestions you would make to the below draft itinerary? Do it feel too rushed?
We are in our 30’s, so easily able to move around, but also want to soak up the atmosphere of each town. We love our food and wine and the culture that comes with that!
I am open to as many changes as you see fit, the only change we can’t make is San Sebastian & Mojacar as we are meeting up with friends.
Paris (5th or 6th quarter) - 5 nights
Train to Bordeaux - 2 nights
Train to San Sebastian - 3 nights (via train change at Irun station)
Mojacar - 3 nights (We’ll be staying with friends who will pick us up from San Sebastian)
Drive to Seville - 2 nights (looking at hiring a car from Almeria)
Fly or Train to Barcelona - 3 nights
Fly to Rome - 4 nights
Train to Florence - 3 nights
Train to Cinque Terre 1 night (or extra night in Florence)
Train to Venice - 2 nights
Train or Hire Car to Lucerne or Interlaken – 3 nights
Train to Paris 0 1 night (to catch a 12pm flight home from Paris the following day)
Finally, my next step is to start looking at accommodation…I am happy to do the research on this, but if you have any MUST SEE/STAY suggestions that we should look at, definitely open to hear those too. We are currently estimating around the 150 (euros) mark per night/close to the main attractions where possible.
Thanks in advance for any help you are able to provide!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Guide for Nowa Huta?
- 2 Moscow Favorites
- 3 Worst flight booking with edreams
- 4 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 5 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 6 Airport Transit Visa
- 7 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #185
- 8 Sunday drive riviera to St Remy Provence. where to stop? +monday plans
- 9 Scenic drive Bologna to Lucca?
- 10 Best area to stay in Dubrovnik
- 11 Italian lake cruise
- 12 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 13 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 14 Paris advice with kids
- 15 First visit to London
- 16 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 17 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 18 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 19 Santorini Greece - Cooking Lessons
- 20 Travelling Iceland
- 21 Tuscany Itinerary
- 22 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 23 Route Information
- 24 International drivers permit
- 25 Anyone stay at Homeaway: Villa Iride in Praiano, Amalfi Coast?