I will be in Paris for a week for work in early October and then hubby plans to join me for a short vacation- 6 days. Being Americans and not wanting to spend a lot of money as we have a newly built house, would it be better to purchase a cheap flight or train and visit another country or are there good values in France? Any suggestions are appreciated. I have only been to Paris, never anywhere else in France and there is a lot of Paris I have never seen. I was wondering about Turkey? We tend to avoid touristy places when we travel and love "local ambience" Thanks!
France or elsewhere for best value for October brief vacation?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe with young teens
- 2 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 3 Salamanca, Barcelona, o Valencia?
- 4 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 5 15 days in Europe,
- 6 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 7 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 8 planning a trip to barcelona first week of Jan
- 9 Advises for trip to Russia
- 10 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 11 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 12 Planning a holiday
- 13 Nice to St Remy overnight stop in Cassis?
- 14 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 15 Gogartys, Dublin
- 16 Prague - must see
- 17 Sicily 10 days
- 18 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 19 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 20 Frankfurt to Bamberg day trip - train ticket question
- 21 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 22 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 23 Portugal in September
- 24 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 25 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome