I will be in Paris for a week for work in early October and then hubby plans to join me for a short vacation- 6 days. Being Americans and not wanting to spend a lot of money as we have a newly built house, would it be better to purchase a cheap flight or train and visit another country or are there good values in France? Any suggestions are appreciated. I have only been to Paris, never anywhere else in France and there is a lot of Paris I have never seen. I was wondering about Turkey? We tend to avoid touristy places when we travel and love "local ambience" Thanks!
France or elsewhere for best value for October brief vacation?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 2 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 3 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 4 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 5 Budapest to Berlin by Train - Tickets on DB BAHN not available for 05 Jan
- 6 Air pollution in Paris
- 7 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 8 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 9 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 10 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 11 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 12 connecting flight to marseille or not
- 13 rent phone and 3g wifi
- 14 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 15 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 16 France, Italy and Greec
- 17 Learning Polish: "No, you can't have my cat"
- 18 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 19 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 20 Avignon to Bordeaux by Train
- 21 Transfer from Linate to Bellagio
- 22 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 23 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 24 Naxos in May
- 25 Belfast to Scotland help