Alert: We are "wanderlust" travelers, so you're about to see a jam-packed itinerary.
My husband and I are driving through parts of France in October, after a few days in Barcelona. We have a full itinerary BUT this rhythm has worked for us in the past. I've been to Provence and Lyon, so here are the locations we're planning for this trip.
Your quick thoughts are appreciated as we leave in two weeks and need to book hotels... well, really weeks ago.
Day 1 (Thurs): Barcelona
Day 2 (Fri): Barcelona
Day 3 (Sat): Barcelona day /// evening train to Montpellier
Day 4 (Sun): Montpellier
Day 5 (Mon): Montpellier morning /// afternoon - pick up rental car - drive to Toulouse
Day 6 (Tues): Toulouse
Day 7 (Wed): Toulouse morning /// afternoon - car to Bordeaux
Day 8 (Thurs): Bordeaux
Day 9 (Fri): Bordeaux /// early car to Paris (return rental car)
Day 10 (Sat): Paris
Day 11 (Sun): Paris .... afternoon flight home
*NOTE: We get overwhelmed in Paris, so we're only allotting a couple of days there this time. We know we'll be back many times.
Thoughts and tips on these city selections? Great things to see?
Would you strike one of these from the list?
Any city you would replace with another on this general route?
Is it worth it to visit the Loire Valley this time around --- even just stopping for a day trip at a chateau on the way to Paris? If so, where might we cut back some time in another area of the trip to account for this?
Thanks in advance for your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 2 Scotland itinerary help
- 3 Fodors's Slow to Load Lately?
- 4 AMBOISE BALLOON RIDE !! out of this world
- 5 8 days in st Remy - surprise trip for hubby
- 6 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 7 Scotland
- 8 two days to travel from bolzano to assisi
- 9 Croatia itinerary - need advice
- 10 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 11 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 12 Watching A Musical At The West End In London
- 13 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 14 Lunch in Lake Garda
- 15 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 16 Looking for an apartment to rent. Better than hotel?
- 17 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 18 Edinbrugh
- 19 Bus from Potsdam to Dresden
- 20 Swimming to Paris
- 21 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 22 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 23 Istria in two days
- 24 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 25 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?