Alert: We are "wanderlust" travelers, so you're about to see a jam-packed itinerary.
My husband and I are driving through parts of France in October, after a few days in Barcelona. We have a full itinerary BUT this rhythm has worked for us in the past. I've been to Provence and Lyon, so here are the locations we're planning for this trip.
Your quick thoughts are appreciated as we leave in two weeks and need to book hotels... well, really weeks ago.
Day 1 (Thurs): Barcelona
Day 2 (Fri): Barcelona
Day 3 (Sat): Barcelona day /// evening train to Montpellier
Day 4 (Sun): Montpellier
Day 5 (Mon): Montpellier morning /// afternoon - pick up rental car - drive to Toulouse
Day 6 (Tues): Toulouse
Day 7 (Wed): Toulouse morning /// afternoon - car to Bordeaux
Day 8 (Thurs): Bordeaux
Day 9 (Fri): Bordeaux /// early car to Paris (return rental car)
Day 10 (Sat): Paris
Day 11 (Sun): Paris .... afternoon flight home
*NOTE: We get overwhelmed in Paris, so we're only allotting a couple of days there this time. We know we'll be back many times.
Thoughts and tips on these city selections? Great things to see?
Would you strike one of these from the list?
Any city you would replace with another on this general route?
Is it worth it to visit the Loire Valley this time around --- even just stopping for a day trip at a chateau on the way to Paris? If so, where might we cut back some time in another area of the trip to account for this?
Thanks in advance for your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland itinerary help please
- 2 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 3 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 4 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 5 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 6 No Periods in British Written English!
- 7 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 8 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 9 Paris cooking classes
- 10 booking hotels on trip advisor vs booking.com, etc
- 11 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 12 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 13 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 14 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 15 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 16 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 17 St Denis Cathedral
- 18 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 19 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 20 Ronda Wine/biking
- 21 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 22 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 23 Perugia
- 24 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 25 Booking through Loco2 Train