First of all, I cannot tell you how helpful it is to read the advice and travel tips that are on this forum. The photos that are posted, just beautiful! Kerouac - your photos are stunning and a few of them are now used as my computer screensaver as I anticipate my trip to Paris ... I long to be in your lovely city as soon as possible when I look at them! My husband and i are making our first trip to France - arriving on Oct. 6th. We will be in Paris for 7 nights. We fly back to the U.S. on Oct. 21st. That leaves us with 8 additional nights in France. There are SO many cities that we would like to visit, I am having difficulty deciding on which cities to narrow it down to. We would like to visit Normandy and St. Michel, but Aix En Provence and Marseille are big on our list as well. Dijon, Lyon, Bordeaux and Lourdes.... we can rent a car or the train or both. My question is - if you had never been to these lovely places before, which two or three cities in France, would you recommend that we visit during the 8 additional days? We are interested in a diverse itinerary, we love old churches and basilicas as well as French historical sites, art museums, the beatiful countryside of Provence as well as shopping in outdoor markets. We are both fairly healthy and in our late 40's. I would sincerely appreciate your suggestions. Merci Beaucoup!
France Itinerary for early October 2012
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One night stopover in Dolomites, where?
- 2 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 3 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 4 Toulouse & Paris Day Trips
- 5 5 Observations About Paris
- 6 Dining at the Eiffel Tower: 58 Tour Eiffel Restaurant Review
- 7 Euro Trivia quiz #17 - People and Places #2
- 8 Train Travel from Marseilles to Barcelona
- 9 Taormina Sicily
- 10 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 11 Help! Italy & France and Italy-Two Weeks?
- 12 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 13 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 14 Help with itinerary for girls trip to Swizterland
- 15 Euro Trivia Quiz #16
- 16 Iwango went…to Nice
- 17 Brisighella or Castelvetro di Modena Lodgings in Emilia Romagna
- 18 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 19 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 20 Planning Honeymoon to Greece in April
- 21 Granada
- 22 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 23 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 24 Pyrenees logistics
- 25 Airport ATMs