First of all, I cannot tell you how helpful it is to read the advice and travel tips that are on this forum. The photos that are posted, just beautiful! Kerouac - your photos are stunning and a few of them are now used as my computer screensaver as I anticipate my trip to Paris ... I long to be in your lovely city as soon as possible when I look at them! My husband and i are making our first trip to France - arriving on Oct. 6th. We will be in Paris for 7 nights. We fly back to the U.S. on Oct. 21st. That leaves us with 8 additional nights in France. There are SO many cities that we would like to visit, I am having difficulty deciding on which cities to narrow it down to. We would like to visit Normandy and St. Michel, but Aix En Provence and Marseille are big on our list as well. Dijon, Lyon, Bordeaux and Lourdes.... we can rent a car or the train or both. My question is - if you had never been to these lovely places before, which two or three cities in France, would you recommend that we visit during the 8 additional days? We are interested in a diverse itinerary, we love old churches and basilicas as well as French historical sites, art museums, the beatiful countryside of Provence as well as shopping in outdoor markets. We are both fairly healthy and in our late 40's. I would sincerely appreciate your suggestions. Merci Beaucoup!
France Itinerary for early October 2012
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas/New Year's Salzburg/Munich Opinion
- 2 Solo female travelling to Turkey! Suggestions?!
- 3 Ideas for Dec (Christmas) holiday - Where to go??
- 4 Best way to see the Bosphorus in Istanbul
- 5 Biel/Bienne Experts
- 6 What Three Nations Have The Friendliest People?
- 7 Schengen rule made easy
- 8 What is the best way to tour the Bosphorus
- 9 Ireland or Scotland
- 10 Venice, Tuscany and CT in October
- 11 First Trip to Europe
- 12 Help neede with Liquria itinerary
- 13 Is MasterCard/Visa Car Rental Insurance Worth It?
- 14 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 15 24 hour layover in Paris (CDG)
- 16 Trip Report: 17 days in Switzerland, Austria & Czech Republic
- 17 Are Bit Coins Accepted Anywhere In Europe anywhere...
- 18 London hotel tax is 20%
- 19 Driving from Amboise to Dinan--advice needed
- 20 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 21 7 days in London in Dec with family
- 22 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 23 Need help with itinerary
- 24 Where next? UK, Greece, Germany, or Spain?
- 25 Appian Way and Catacombs in Rome, tour? Sunday?