I am planning to take my family (including two teenagers) to Europe this summer. We'll need to go to Barcelona for an event. After that, we want to visit France. We are thinking about flying to Nice then make our way toward Paris via TGV. We are thinking about visiting Lyon or Avignon, but are flexible. Any recommendation for places to visit would be greatly appreciated. We plan to spend about a week in France. Would it be better to rent a car and drive from Nice to Avignon/Lyon or take the train?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 2 God Save the Queen?
- 3 Barcelona alternative
- 4 Iceland
- 5 Frankfurt to UK
- 6 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 7 Spanish Medical Providers
- 8 Paris to Italy
- 9 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 10 Milan or Turin
- 11 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 12 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 13 Upscale Vacation Apartment Rentals in Vienna/Prague
- 14 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 15 Prague and Budapest with a 16 month old
- 16 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 17 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 18 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 19 Daily budget for London (accommodation already paid for)
- 20 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 21 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 22 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 23 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 24 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 25 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!