I am planning to take my family (including two teenagers) to Europe this summer. We'll need to go to Barcelona for an event. After that, we want to visit France. We are thinking about flying to Nice then make our way toward Paris via TGV. We are thinking about visiting Lyon or Avignon, but are flexible. Any recommendation for places to visit would be greatly appreciated. We plan to spend about a week in France. Would it be better to rent a car and drive from Nice to Avignon/Lyon or take the train?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transportation for students btw Munich, Salzburg, Vienna, Prague, Krakow
- 2 French Strike Chaos to Get Worse?
- 3 Train Travel Northern Italy
- 4 Plitvice, Rovinj and ?
- 5 4 or 5 European cites in 16 days??
- 6 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 7 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 8 Portable WiFi Device in Poland
- 9 RER C to Versailles on Wed. - still a good option due to Paris strikes?
- 10 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 11 Sentimental Journey
- 12 A few last minute questions
- 13 Rudesheim Bacharach or other suggestions.
- 14 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 15 3 weeks, 3 European Countries, 6 cities
- 16 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 17 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 18 Venice - Tour suggestions
- 19 Stay away from EF Tours
- 20 French Vacation in Mid-America
- 21 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 22 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 23 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 24 Is Mljet a reasonable substitute for Korcula?
- 25 Fodor's Boston GTG