I have been looking at train ticket prices at several websites. If I go directly to SNCF (although it's too early for me to buy tickets for March) it appears that the approximate price for an overnight ticket from Paris to Florence is about $84 USD compared to over $200 USD from RailEurope. Is this correct? Has anyone had trouble buying through SNCF? Also, do the tickets need to be sent to a local hotel?
FRANCE / ITALY TRAINS
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Urgent Spanish visa dilemma
- 2 Vantage Deluxe World Travel - Russia
- 3 No points in Paris .....
- 4 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 5 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 6 Mosquitos in Camargue---is it really that bad??
- 7 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 8 best time to book accommodation
- 9 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 10 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 11 Stay near Paris
- 12 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 13 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 14 Sicily - not a trip report
- 15 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 16 Chip but no PIN
- 17 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 18 Questions for my German friends
- 19 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 20 Puglia planning - where to base, how long to spend
- 21 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 22 Dining at the Eiffel Tower
- 23 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 24 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 25 What to wear