It has been a LONG time since I posted on this site.
I have questions about my upcoming journey to France and Italy. I will lay out the plan and put my questions in bold at the end.
What You Need To Know:
This is not my first trip to either destination.
I have seen the monuments, museums, chateaus, cathedrals, gardens, etc.
I am travelling solo.
I book an exquisite dinner out, every night--and I don't dine early.
I still travel with 2-3 suitcases. I am going to try and do just two. I wish (just a little) that I did not value and really enjoy being well dressed and looking pretty every day as much as I do!
For this journey I am focused on food, wine, and some relaxation.
Paris 3 nights
I do want to go to Orsay, river cruise, hoho, a cooking class, a little shopping, and chill...
Giverny 1 night
Might be cool to just take it all in, be early, chill...
Reims 2 nights
Drink & buy, relax, visit Epernay. No tours-- I know how this drink is made.
Chablis Stop here for obvious reasons.
Dijon 2 nights
Wine, dine, wine, wine, wine...
Beaune 2 nights
See Dijon as well.
Lyon 2 nights
Dine, dine, dine...
Bergerac 1 night
Bordeaux 3 nights
Wine, dine, wine, wine-- no tours. Buy. Day trip to St. Emillion. Dinner in St. Emillion.
Cognac 1 night
Taste & buy...(laughs!)
Roquefort and Armagnac visit
Carcassonne 1 night
See stuff. Visit Perpignan.
Aix-en-Provence 1 night
Enjoy... Visit Marseille.
St. Tropez 2 nights
Relax, eat, shop, then head to Italy.
Turin, Italy 3 nights
Eat, eat, eat...
Visit Alba, Bra, and Barolo
Asti 2 nights
Visit Parma and Modena
Bologna 3 nights
Eat, cooking class, drink, chill..
Florence 3 nights
Museum, cooking class, see stuff, eat, drink...
Chianti 2 nights
Drink, eat, relax.
Prosecco 1 night
Drink & buy
Naples 3 nights
Eat, drink, shop, cooking class, see stuff.
Palermo 2 nights
Eat,drink, Relax a bit.
What parts of this can be done by train?
What parts of this require a car? I want flexibility to wander the wine regions.
How do I get from Palermo, Italy back to Paris without spending a fortune? The cost of a flight from Palermo to California make my head hurt.
What would you add for what I want to do?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 2 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 3 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 4 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 5 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 6 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 7 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 8 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 9 Zurich to Milan trip
- 10 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 11 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 12 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 13 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 14 Spanish Medical Providers
- 15 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 16 San Sebastián
- 17 Andalusia suggests - which order is best?
- 18 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 19 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 20 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 21 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 22 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 23 Planning A trip
- 24 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue
- 25 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP