It has been a LONG time since I posted on this site.
I have questions about my upcoming journey to France and Italy. I will lay out the plan and put my questions in bold at the end.
What You Need To Know:
This is not my first trip to either destination.
I have seen the monuments, museums, chateaus, cathedrals, gardens, etc.
I am travelling solo.
I book an exquisite dinner out, every night--and I don't dine early.
I still travel with 2-3 suitcases. I am going to try and do just two. I wish (just a little) that I did not value and really enjoy being well dressed and looking pretty every day as much as I do!
For this journey I am focused on food, wine, and some relaxation.
Paris 3 nights
I do want to go to Orsay, river cruise, hoho, a cooking class, a little shopping, and chill...
Giverny 1 night
Might be cool to just take it all in, be early, chill...
Reims 2 nights
Drink & buy, relax, visit Epernay. No tours-- I know how this drink is made.
Chablis Stop here for obvious reasons.
Dijon 2 nights
Wine, dine, wine, wine, wine...
Beaune 2 nights
See Dijon as well.
Lyon 2 nights
Dine, dine, dine...
Bergerac 1 night
Bordeaux 3 nights
Wine, dine, wine, wine-- no tours. Buy. Day trip to St. Emillion. Dinner in St. Emillion.
Cognac 1 night
Taste & buy...(laughs!)
Roquefort and Armagnac visit
Carcassonne 1 night
See stuff. Visit Perpignan.
Aix-en-Provence 1 night
Enjoy... Visit Marseille.
St. Tropez 2 nights
Relax, eat, shop, then head to Italy.
Turin, Italy 3 nights
Eat, eat, eat...
Visit Alba, Bra, and Barolo
Asti 2 nights
Visit Parma and Modena
Bologna 3 nights
Eat, cooking class, drink, chill..
Florence 3 nights
Museum, cooking class, see stuff, eat, drink...
Chianti 2 nights
Drink, eat, relax.
Prosecco 1 night
Drink & buy
Naples 3 nights
Eat, drink, shop, cooking class, see stuff.
Palermo 2 nights
Eat,drink, Relax a bit.
What parts of this can be done by train?
What parts of this require a car? I want flexibility to wander the wine regions.
How do I get from Palermo, Italy back to Paris without spending a fortune? The cost of a flight from Palermo to California make my head hurt.
What would you add for what I want to do?
France & Italy Journey Sept./Oct. 2013
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotwire zones in Barcelona & London
- 2 Itinerary Help 10 days in Europe over Easter Week
- 3 Domus Aurea (Rome) -- still closed?
- 4 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 5 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 6 Paris Restaurants in the 7th
- 7 Florence to Naples by car road trip ideas
- 8 Just Another Macarons, Hot Chocolate, Tucked into Bed by 11 Paris Report
- 9 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 10 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday
- 11 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 12 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 13 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 14 Renting a car in Venice and dropping it off in Rome
- 15 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 16 Second thoughts about Provence - help!
- 17 30 Days in Europe - 29 y/o male
- 18 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 19 Italy
- 20 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 21 Where to stay family of 5 in Rome? Hotel or rental suggestions please!!
- 22 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 23 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 24 Positano, Italy
- 25 Nice Video about Poland