It has been a LONG time since I posted on this site.
I have questions about my upcoming journey to France and Italy. I will lay out the plan and put my questions in bold at the end.
What You Need To Know:
This is not my first trip to either destination.
I have seen the monuments, museums, chateaus, cathedrals, gardens, etc.
I am travelling solo.
I book an exquisite dinner out, every night--and I don't dine early.
I still travel with 2-3 suitcases. I am going to try and do just two. I wish (just a little) that I did not value and really enjoy being well dressed and looking pretty every day as much as I do!
For this journey I am focused on food, wine, and some relaxation.
Paris 3 nights
I do want to go to Orsay, river cruise, hoho, a cooking class, a little shopping, and chill...
Giverny 1 night
Might be cool to just take it all in, be early, chill...
Reims 2 nights
Drink & buy, relax, visit Epernay. No tours-- I know how this drink is made.
Chablis Stop here for obvious reasons.
Dijon 2 nights
Wine, dine, wine, wine, wine...
Beaune 2 nights
See Dijon as well.
Lyon 2 nights
Dine, dine, dine...
Bergerac 1 night
Bordeaux 3 nights
Wine, dine, wine, wine-- no tours. Buy. Day trip to St. Emillion. Dinner in St. Emillion.
Cognac 1 night
Taste & buy...(laughs!)
Roquefort and Armagnac visit
Carcassonne 1 night
See stuff. Visit Perpignan.
Aix-en-Provence 1 night
Enjoy... Visit Marseille.
St. Tropez 2 nights
Relax, eat, shop, then head to Italy.
Turin, Italy 3 nights
Eat, eat, eat...
Visit Alba, Bra, and Barolo
Asti 2 nights
Visit Parma and Modena
Bologna 3 nights
Eat, cooking class, drink, chill..
Florence 3 nights
Museum, cooking class, see stuff, eat, drink...
Chianti 2 nights
Drink, eat, relax.
Prosecco 1 night
Drink & buy
Naples 3 nights
Eat, drink, shop, cooking class, see stuff.
Palermo 2 nights
Eat,drink, Relax a bit.
What parts of this can be done by train?
What parts of this require a car? I want flexibility to wander the wine regions.
How do I get from Palermo, Italy back to Paris without spending a fortune? The cost of a flight from Palermo to California make my head hurt.
What would you add for what I want to do?
France & Italy Journey Sept./Oct. 2013
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 2 First Time to UK since 2001
- 3 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 4 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 5 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 6 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 7 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 8 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 9 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 10 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 11 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 12 Brussels or Amsterdam?
- 13 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 14 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 15 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 16 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 17 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 18 Solo 55 year old female in Istanbul for 3.5 days mid-December
- 19 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 20 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 21 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 22 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 23 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 24 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 25 Sweden, Denmark, Norway