I am planning a vacay in France & Italy in May 2014 and looking for input.
To date, my schedule is:
5 nites in Paris, (train to Avignon)
4 nites in either Avignon or St. Remy, (train to Nice)
4 nites in Nice, (fly Nice to Naples-hire private driver from Naples to Positano)
4 nites in Positano,
2 nites in Capri,
3 nites in Rome.
1) Please advise on reasonable rate hotels in Paris areas of St. Germain/Latin or Marias, something around 150 Euros- any suggestions?
2) Leaning towards not renting a car in Provence, what can I see from St. Remy without a car, and how do I get there after TGN train to Avignon from Paris?
3) Any hotel recs for Nice, again 150 euros or less, best areas to stay?
4)Any idea how to get from Capri to Rome, is it hydrofoil to Naples and then train, or is there other options? Would it be better to do Capri first, then Positano?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://wellnessrows.com/dema-reflexion-reviews/
- 2 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 3 Engadine Valley help
- 4 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 5 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 6 Northern Italy 11 days Milan in/out
- 7 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 8 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 9 Honeymoon in Greece
- 10 Italy for Christmas Week
- 11 A Month stay in Southern France
- 12 Shoes in Scotland
- 13 Please recommend an honest car rental service in Romania
- 14 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 15 Question about Half Fare Cards
- 16 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 17 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 18 A Week In Athens - Trip Report
- 19 Portugal with large family
- 20 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 21 restaurants in Marais district
- 22 Sicily
- 23 Road trip from Barcelona to Rome (1st time in Europe)
- 24 Palazzo Ravizza or Il Battistero-Siena?
- 25 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please