I am planning a vacay in France & Italy in May 2014 and looking for input.
To date, my schedule is:
5 nites in Paris, (train to Avignon)
4 nites in either Avignon or St. Remy, (train to Nice)
4 nites in Nice, (fly Nice to Naples-hire private driver from Naples to Positano)
4 nites in Positano,
2 nites in Capri,
3 nites in Rome.
1) Please advise on reasonable rate hotels in Paris areas of St. Germain/Latin or Marias, something around 150 Euros- any suggestions?
2) Leaning towards not renting a car in Provence, what can I see from St. Remy without a car, and how do I get there after TGN train to Avignon from Paris?
3) Any hotel recs for Nice, again 150 euros or less, best areas to stay?
4)Any idea how to get from Capri to Rome, is it hydrofoil to Naples and then train, or is there other options? Would it be better to do Capri first, then Positano?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 LEXMARK printer Errors CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Technical SUPP0RT Care
- 2 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 3 retruning to US with souveniers
- 4 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 5 Italy in January?
- 6 Hotel Fita Amsterdam- questions re: air conditioning
- 7 How much do you tip a tour guide on an escorted tour?
- 8 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 9 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 10 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 11 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 12 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 13 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 14 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 15 10 days in London in early December
- 16 Restaurants near Cortina, Italy
- 17 Berlin to ?
- 18 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 19 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 20 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 21 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 22 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 23 Trip to Barcelona, london, Paris, and Amsterdam/Dublin
- 24 Scotland in December
- 25 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como