I am planning a vacay in France & Italy in May 2014 and looking for input.
To date, my schedule is:
5 nites in Paris, (train to Avignon)
4 nites in either Avignon or St. Remy, (train to Nice)
4 nites in Nice, (fly Nice to Naples-hire private driver from Naples to Positano)
4 nites in Positano,
2 nites in Capri,
3 nites in Rome.
1) Please advise on reasonable rate hotels in Paris areas of St. Germain/Latin or Marias, something around 150 Euros- any suggestions?
2) Leaning towards not renting a car in Provence, what can I see from St. Remy without a car, and how do I get there after TGN train to Avignon from Paris?
3) Any hotel recs for Nice, again 150 euros or less, best areas to stay?
4)Any idea how to get from Capri to Rome, is it hydrofoil to Naples and then train, or is there other options? Would it be better to do Capri first, then Positano?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 2 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 3 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 4 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 5 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 6 Long weekend in Albania
- 7 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 8 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 9 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 10 ASTURIAS IN LATE OCTOBER??
- 11 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 12 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 13 scotland itinerary
- 14 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 15 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 16 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 17 Hotel in Florence
- 18 Travel between Civitavecchia and Rome
- 19 Advice needed for family trip to Belgium and Germany
- 20 Missing Toronto Woman May Be in France
- 21 Malta - how to do it?
- 22 Using CPAP machine in France
- 23 Castle Stays in Wales
- 24 Uk and Ireland
- 25 Sao Miguel in November