I am planning a vacay in France & Italy in May 2014 and looking for input.
To date, my schedule is:
5 nites in Paris, (train to Avignon)
4 nites in either Avignon or St. Remy, (train to Nice)
4 nites in Nice, (fly Nice to Naples-hire private driver from Naples to Positano)
4 nites in Positano,
2 nites in Capri,
3 nites in Rome.
1) Please advise on reasonable rate hotels in Paris areas of St. Germain/Latin or Marias, something around 150 Euros- any suggestions?
2) Leaning towards not renting a car in Provence, what can I see from St. Remy without a car, and how do I get there after TGN train to Avignon from Paris?
3) Any hotel recs for Nice, again 150 euros or less, best areas to stay?
4)Any idea how to get from Capri to Rome, is it hydrofoil to Naples and then train, or is there other options? Would it be better to do Capri first, then Positano?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Associations with Russian cities
- 2 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 3 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 4 Driving in Southern Italy - outside the beaten track
- 5 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 6 Thinking about the Fjords
- 7 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 8 Where to eat in Rome?
- 9 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 10 barcelona neighborhood
- 11 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 12 Poland to Austria In December
- 13 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 14 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 15 Best Neck Pillow
- 16 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 17 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 18 How to spend 6 days in Stockholm ?
- 19 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 20 Tracking the Weather
- 21 Italy travel plan help
- 22 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 23 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 24 Alsace to Austria?
- 25 road trip through scotland