I am planning a vacay in France & Italy in May 2014 and looking for input.
To date, my schedule is:
5 nites in Paris, (train to Avignon)
4 nites in either Avignon or St. Remy, (train to Nice)
4 nites in Nice, (fly Nice to Naples-hire private driver from Naples to Positano)
4 nites in Positano,
2 nites in Capri,
3 nites in Rome.
1) Please advise on reasonable rate hotels in Paris areas of St. Germain/Latin or Marias, something around 150 Euros- any suggestions?
2) Leaning towards not renting a car in Provence, what can I see from St. Remy without a car, and how do I get there after TGN train to Avignon from Paris?
3) Any hotel recs for Nice, again 150 euros or less, best areas to stay?
4)Any idea how to get from Capri to Rome, is it hydrofoil to Naples and then train, or is there other options? Would it be better to do Capri first, then Positano?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 2 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 3 5 Days in Switzerland
- 4 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 5 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 6 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 7 Spain in July
- 8 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 9 International Flight Question
- 10 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 11 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 12 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 13 We're here!
- 14 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 15 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 16 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 17 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 18 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 19 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 20 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 21 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 22 Interesting places to visit
- 23 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 24 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 25 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations