I'm hoping to get some advice for a first time Europe trip. I'm a 30 year old New Zealander, currently living in the UK (since October) and am planning a trip for when my mum comes over on June 16 - Aug 1 (flying in and out of London). I haven't been out of the UK yet and mum hasn't been to Europe at all before. We are flexible with where we go but have been thinking France, Italy and the Greek Islands would be nice (we both love beaches) as we want a good balance between seeing as much as we can, and having time to enjoy each place without rushing around too much. We’re interested in a variety of things, from historical sites and museums, to beaches, the outdoors/nature, walks and a bit of nightlife/restaurants.
My rough idea so far is to spend perhaps 1-2 weeks in the UK using my place in Bletchley (near Milton Keynes) as a base. Go on a few day/short trips to see, for example, Bath, Oxford, Cambridge, London. From there...;
Greek Islands - Santorini, Mikonos, Paros??
Perhaps Prague then Amsterdam on the way back to London if time allows?
I'd love any advice or recommendations on places to visit or the route above, also time to spend in each place and likely transport modes. Have I picked the highlights and is something like this doable within 6 weeks? If anyone feels like planning an itinerary that would be amazing because I am feeling really overwhelmed and I presume with this being the peak season I will need to get cracking with booking lodgings etc asap.
Many thanks in advance for any help you can give!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 We are looking for friends to work together!
- 2 Porto in January
- 3 Birlikte çalışacak arkadaşlar arıyoruz!
- 4 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 5 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 6 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 7 5 nights in Granada and Malaga - what combo?
- 8 First trip to Paris! (and Amsterdam)
- 9 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 10 Advice needed re CDW for car rental in Ireland/N. Ireland
- 11 hotels in Reyjkavik
- 12 Greek Islands - Should we rent a car on Mykonos and Santorini?
- 13 Parentheses in France Phone Nos...will iPhone dial appropriately?
- 14 Hotel Booking Discount!
- 15 TER ticket bought online -- good all day?
- 16 Amsterdam Train Help Please!
- 17 Looking for recommendation for lodging in NAXOS, GREECE
- 18 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 19 Scotland itinerary advice
- 20 When to purchase high speed train tickets?
- 21 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 22 Children's seat on Nextbike in Wachau Valley?
- 23 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 24 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 25 Munich to Hallstatt in a day