I am visiting France in Feb for about 2.5 weeks. I only have a rough idea, and would like you to help me to see if the days allocated to each city is reasonable.
Paris - 4 days - is it enough to cover most tourist spots? Also i will come back to paris for another 2 days on the last lag of my trip
Dijon - 2 days
Lyon - 3 days
Avignon - 2 days? though people suggest 1 day is enough
Marseille - 3 days
Paris - 2 days
I plan to travel by TGV during those towns, and I read with TGV tickets, you need to buy in advance, how many days in advance is it? Can I buy them when I get to France, say 2 days in advance of my next trip? or you think it is better to buy online to be 100% secure?
I have never been to Europe during winter, and here in Sydney, we get about 15 deg during winter....I know it's gonna be cold in Feb, but how cold are we talking about here??
with accomendation in paris, my first choice will be the latin qtr, it just seems close to most tourist spots, wherelse would you suggest?
It would be great to hear from you guys about advice/tips.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Northern Italian Food
- 2 Muscle Science @ http://fornatgaex.com/muscle-science/
- 3 Barcelona on budget
- 4 Ireland - Northern or Western
- 5 restaurants and stores in Haut-de-Cagnes in late October?
- 6 Where to go in March??
- 7 Advice for England and France travels?
- 8 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 9 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 10 Food glorious food - restaurant suggestions
- 11 Best way to get out of London and rent a car?
- 12 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 13 Plug ins for London and Paris
- 14 Touring Switzerland, Germany, and Austria
- 15 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 16 Provence to Nice driving
- 17 Cross Border Car Rental in Balkans
- 18 Hiking in Tyrol Austria
- 19 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 20 Scandinavia Itinerary Advice
- 21 10 Day Trip to Prague, Salzburg, Munich
- 22 Venice, Italy to Amalfi coast
- 23 German Train travel
- 24 Portugal Beaches 3-4 days
- 25 Documentation Entering/Leaving Schengen Region