I am visiting France in Feb for about 2.5 weeks. I only have a rough idea, and would like you to help me to see if the days allocated to each city is reasonable.
Paris - 4 days - is it enough to cover most tourist spots? Also i will come back to paris for another 2 days on the last lag of my trip
Dijon - 2 days
Lyon - 3 days
Avignon - 2 days? though people suggest 1 day is enough
Marseille - 3 days
Paris - 2 days
I plan to travel by TGV during those towns, and I read with TGV tickets, you need to buy in advance, how many days in advance is it? Can I buy them when I get to France, say 2 days in advance of my next trip? or you think it is better to buy online to be 100% secure?
I have never been to Europe during winter, and here in Sydney, we get about 15 deg during winter....I know it's gonna be cold in Feb, but how cold are we talking about here??
with accomendation in paris, my first choice will be the latin qtr, it just seems close to most tourist spots, wherelse would you suggest?
It would be great to hear from you guys about advice/tips.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain schedule - reality check please.
- 2 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 3 Feedback on Spain Trip
- 4 Shopping in Paris
- 5 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 6 The unrequested appetizers in Portugal
- 7 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 8 North Carolinians Take Warning
- 9 Itin help: 14-15 days in Bavaria, Austria, possibly Croatia and Prague
- 10 Favorite restaurant on Dordogne River
- 11 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 12 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 13 Rome, Florence, Venice and back to Rome in 5 days...doable?
- 14 Chef recommendations for Villa in Cortona, Italy
- 15 Stop between Munich and Cochem (long train ride)
- 16 10 nights in France
- 17 Best Italian beach with teens
- 18 Parc Clichy-Batignolles - Martin Luther King, Tours?
- 19 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 20 Where to stop along the way
- 21 Florence and Siena Restaurants
- 22 Suggestions for our Itinerary for June in Italy
- 23 planning confusion
- 24 best shopping deals in paris and italy?
- 25 Scotland Highlands