I am visiting France in Feb for about 2.5 weeks. I only have a rough idea, and would like you to help me to see if the days allocated to each city is reasonable.
Paris - 4 days - is it enough to cover most tourist spots? Also i will come back to paris for another 2 days on the last lag of my trip
Dijon - 2 days
Lyon - 3 days
Avignon - 2 days? though people suggest 1 day is enough
Marseille - 3 days
Paris - 2 days
I plan to travel by TGV during those towns, and I read with TGV tickets, you need to buy in advance, how many days in advance is it? Can I buy them when I get to France, say 2 days in advance of my next trip? or you think it is better to buy online to be 100% secure?
I have never been to Europe during winter, and here in Sydney, we get about 15 deg during winter....I know it's gonna be cold in Feb, but how cold are we talking about here??
with accomendation in paris, my first choice will be the latin qtr, it just seems close to most tourist spots, wherelse would you suggest?
It would be great to hear from you guys about advice/tips.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lake District: HF Holiday houses Derwent Bank and Monk Coniston
- 2 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 3 Iceland photo tour- any tips?
- 4 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 5 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 6 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 7 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 8 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 9 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 10 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 11 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 12 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 13 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 14 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 15 Europe First Timers
- 16 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 17 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 18 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 19 Funniest of Fodor Threads
- 20 Iceland for Nine Days
- 21 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 22 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 23 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 24 Rome or Venice first
- 25 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast