I am visiting France in Feb for about 2.5 weeks. I only have a rough idea, and would like you to help me to see if the days allocated to each city is reasonable.
Paris - 4 days - is it enough to cover most tourist spots? Also i will come back to paris for another 2 days on the last lag of my trip
Dijon - 2 days
Lyon - 3 days
Avignon - 2 days? though people suggest 1 day is enough
Marseille - 3 days
Paris - 2 days
I plan to travel by TGV during those towns, and I read with TGV tickets, you need to buy in advance, how many days in advance is it? Can I buy them when I get to France, say 2 days in advance of my next trip? or you think it is better to buy online to be 100% secure?
I have never been to Europe during winter, and here in Sydney, we get about 15 deg during winter....I know it's gonna be cold in Feb, but how cold are we talking about here??
with accomendation in paris, my first choice will be the latin qtr, it just seems close to most tourist spots, wherelse would you suggest?
It would be great to hear from you guys about advice/tips.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 2 Threat Level in UK
- 3 Graz in January
- 4 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 5 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 6 TIM in FCO - update
- 7 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 8 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 9 Malaga Spain
- 10 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 11 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 12 London Hotel - Different Request
- 13 Quiet reasonably priced Munich hotel during Oktoberfest
- 14 Stowing Luggage at Florence for a day!
- 15 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 16 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 17 Cartagena Spain
- 18 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 19 Ibiiza Spain
- 20 Iceland trip report!
- 21 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 22 Seville to Cordoba
- 23 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 24 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 25 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria