I am visiting France in Feb for about 2.5 weeks. I only have a rough idea, and would like you to help me to see if the days allocated to each city is reasonable.
Paris - 4 days - is it enough to cover most tourist spots? Also i will come back to paris for another 2 days on the last lag of my trip
Dijon - 2 days
Lyon - 3 days
Avignon - 2 days? though people suggest 1 day is enough
Marseille - 3 days
Paris - 2 days
I plan to travel by TGV during those towns, and I read with TGV tickets, you need to buy in advance, how many days in advance is it? Can I buy them when I get to France, say 2 days in advance of my next trip? or you think it is better to buy online to be 100% secure?
I have never been to Europe during winter, and here in Sydney, we get about 15 deg during winter....I know it's gonna be cold in Feb, but how cold are we talking about here??
with accomendation in paris, my first choice will be the latin qtr, it just seems close to most tourist spots, wherelse would you suggest?
It would be great to hear from you guys about advice/tips.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Positano Hotel in September
- 2 Brussels flower tapestry
- 3 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 4 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 5 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 6 Paris to Switzerland to Venice in 2 weeks?
- 7 Reaching the Lake District
- 8 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 9 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 10 Scotland itinerary advice
- 11 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 12 seat reservations
- 13 Best Date for Vatican Museums?
- 14 what is this Copenhagen building?
- 15 Sardinia, Sardegna, Cerdena, tomatoe, tomato, tomate
- 16 4 Nights Sevilla/Cordoba in Nov; How to split up
- 17 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 18 Moldova and Transnistria
- 19 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 20 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 21 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 22 Whistle stop family road trip
- 23 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 24 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 25 Paris experts- hotel near train ?