I am visiting France in Feb for about 2.5 weeks. I only have a rough idea, and would like you to help me to see if the days allocated to each city is reasonable.
Paris - 4 days - is it enough to cover most tourist spots? Also i will come back to paris for another 2 days on the last lag of my trip
Dijon - 2 days
Lyon - 3 days
Avignon - 2 days? though people suggest 1 day is enough
Marseille - 3 days
Paris - 2 days
I plan to travel by TGV during those towns, and I read with TGV tickets, you need to buy in advance, how many days in advance is it? Can I buy them when I get to France, say 2 days in advance of my next trip? or you think it is better to buy online to be 100% secure?
I have never been to Europe during winter, and here in Sydney, we get about 15 deg during winter....I know it's gonna be cold in Feb, but how cold are we talking about here??
with accomendation in paris, my first choice will be the latin qtr, it just seems close to most tourist spots, wherelse would you suggest?
It would be great to hear from you guys about advice/tips.
France in Feb - Help needed
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 2 What still confounds you about travel?
- 3 SmartPhone Europe to USA
- 4 Stay near Paris
- 5 Monet in Normandy
- 6 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 7 Cooking classes in Belgium
- 8 Venice Restaurant - Open on Mondays
- 9 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 10 Koper to Trieste
- 11 Trieste and Koper
- 12 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 13 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 14 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 15 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 16 Any experiences with Airbnb?
- 17 Pronunciation
- 18 Dublin Tour Companies
- 19 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 20 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 21 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 22 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 23 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 24 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 25 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?