I am visiting France in Feb for about 2.5 weeks. I only have a rough idea, and would like you to help me to see if the days allocated to each city is reasonable.
Paris - 4 days - is it enough to cover most tourist spots? Also i will come back to paris for another 2 days on the last lag of my trip
Dijon - 2 days
Lyon - 3 days
Avignon - 2 days? though people suggest 1 day is enough
Marseille - 3 days
Paris - 2 days
I plan to travel by TGV during those towns, and I read with TGV tickets, you need to buy in advance, how many days in advance is it? Can I buy them when I get to France, say 2 days in advance of my next trip? or you think it is better to buy online to be 100% secure?
I have never been to Europe during winter, and here in Sydney, we get about 15 deg during winter....I know it's gonna be cold in Feb, but how cold are we talking about here??
with accomendation in paris, my first choice will be the latin qtr, it just seems close to most tourist spots, wherelse would you suggest?
It would be great to hear from you guys about advice/tips.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 2 Trip Report : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- 3 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 4 Iceland - which direction to drive RIng Road? Clockwise or counter?
- 5 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 6 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 7 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 8 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 9 Rome to venice
- 10 Two weeks in Italy flying in and out of Milan
- 11 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 12 Recommendation for GPS with Europe maps
- 13 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 14 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 15 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 16 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 17 Areas in Milan
- 18 Melia Colbert Paris
- 19 Perugia
- 20 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 21 Help please
- 22 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 23 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 24 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 25 St Denis Cathedral