I am visiting France in Feb for about 2.5 weeks. I only have a rough idea, and would like you to help me to see if the days allocated to each city is reasonable.
Paris - 4 days - is it enough to cover most tourist spots? Also i will come back to paris for another 2 days on the last lag of my trip
Dijon - 2 days
Lyon - 3 days
Avignon - 2 days? though people suggest 1 day is enough
Marseille - 3 days
Paris - 2 days
I plan to travel by TGV during those towns, and I read with TGV tickets, you need to buy in advance, how many days in advance is it? Can I buy them when I get to France, say 2 days in advance of my next trip? or you think it is better to buy online to be 100% secure?
I have never been to Europe during winter, and here in Sydney, we get about 15 deg during winter....I know it's gonna be cold in Feb, but how cold are we talking about here??
with accomendation in paris, my first choice will be the latin qtr, it just seems close to most tourist spots, wherelse would you suggest?
It would be great to hear from you guys about advice/tips.
France in Feb - Help needed
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 2 Anyone used London Connections to book an apartment in London?
- 3 Scandinavia and RCL 8 Night Norwegian Fjords Cruise 2015
- 4 German Rail Twin Pass
- 5 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 6 6 weeks Spain Itinerary
- 7 ITALO trains need help
- 8 London restaurants
- 9 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 10 Paris: where does a large family can eat and sleep in February?
- 11 How much luggage?????
- 12 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 13 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 14 5 days in Bremen for a conference
- 15 Iwan2go went to the Dordogne
- 16 Music and/or Favorite Day Trips, Barcelona
- 17 A New Look at the Pilgrimage Footpath to Santiago de la Compestella...
- 18 London before and after a cruise leaving from Southampton
- 19 Berlin Recommendations & Trip Highlights
- 20 Vienna State Opera Tickets
- 21 How to schedule train connection from Frankfurt Airport
- 22 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 23 White Villages base?
- 24 10 days to Explore Europe
- 25 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia