I am visiting France in Feb for about 2.5 weeks. I only have a rough idea, and would like you to help me to see if the days allocated to each city is reasonable.
Paris - 4 days - is it enough to cover most tourist spots? Also i will come back to paris for another 2 days on the last lag of my trip
Dijon - 2 days
Lyon - 3 days
Avignon - 2 days? though people suggest 1 day is enough
Marseille - 3 days
Paris - 2 days
I plan to travel by TGV during those towns, and I read with TGV tickets, you need to buy in advance, how many days in advance is it? Can I buy them when I get to France, say 2 days in advance of my next trip? or you think it is better to buy online to be 100% secure?
I have never been to Europe during winter, and here in Sydney, we get about 15 deg during winter....I know it's gonna be cold in Feb, but how cold are we talking about here??
with accomendation in paris, my first choice will be the latin qtr, it just seems close to most tourist spots, wherelse would you suggest?
It would be great to hear from you guys about advice/tips.
France in Feb - Help needed
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 2 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 3 Rome---August and September
- 4 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 5 Venice Banning Fodors
- 6 2 week trip - Amsterdam - Berlin - Munich -Prague
- 7 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 8 4-6 weeks
- 9 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input
- 10 France, Italy and Greec
- 11 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 12 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 13 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 14 South of France November Trip Report
- 15 handel's messiah, new year's, paris
- 16 Clearsky Holidays
- 17 Zurich to Basel transfer
- 18 Suggestions for too many days in Milan
- 19 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 20 Luggage sizing
- 21 Why go further, Manchester Christmas Markets back soon.
- 22 Living like a local (sort of) in London
- 23 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 24 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience
- 25 Difference in price between Lufthansa and United