I am a graduate student and a few friends and I have decided we would like to do a mini 26 day trip to France and Portugal. Most of Portugal is planned (if you have suggestions that area MUST SEE or DO please share), but I am struggling with planning France. I know we will spend the first four nights, and about 5 days in Paris. From there we were thinking of doing two other smaller areas up in North/East France because most travel suggestions around December say that is the place to go.
I originally was thinking Reims and Strasbourg... But I read a few things saying Reims has changed a great deal and is now half the wonder it used to be.
So I still think we will stick with Strasbourg- I have to see those Christmas Markets! But I need some suggestions for the final stop... I also began looking into Dijon, and Nancy. Any suggestions? I need help
remember we are students! on a bit of a budget, looking for great day time museums, and a fun night life if possible!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 2 No Periods in British Written English!
- 3 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 4 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 5 Paris cooking classes
- 6 booking hotels on trip advisor vs booking.com, etc
- 7 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 8 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 9 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 10 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 11 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 12 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 13 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 14 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 15 St Denis Cathedral
- 16 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 17 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 18 Ronda Wine/biking
- 19 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 20 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 21 Perugia
- 22 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 23 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 24 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 25 Praiano