I am a graduate student and a few friends and I have decided we would like to do a mini 26 day trip to France and Portugal. Most of Portugal is planned (if you have suggestions that area MUST SEE or DO please share), but I am struggling with planning France. I know we will spend the first four nights, and about 5 days in Paris. From there we were thinking of doing two other smaller areas up in North/East France because most travel suggestions around December say that is the place to go.
I originally was thinking Reims and Strasbourg... But I read a few things saying Reims has changed a great deal and is now half the wonder it used to be.
So I still think we will stick with Strasbourg- I have to see those Christmas Markets! But I need some suggestions for the final stop... I also began looking into Dijon, and Nancy. Any suggestions? I need help
remember we are students! on a bit of a budget, looking for great day time museums, and a fun night life if possible!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 2 Travel from Barcelona to Dordogne
- 3 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 4 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 5 Driving from Barcelona to Faro, Portugal
- 6 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 7 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 8 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 9 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 10 Europe for Beginners
- 11 Short time in Vienna
- 12 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 13 Paris in August
- 14 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 15 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 16 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 17 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 18 Getting around London
- 19 Valencia Spain
- 20 Wine Tasting in France
- 21 Iceland in January/February
- 22 Favorite Champagne houses in Reims and surrounding area
- 23 The DCC scam is spreading
- 24 Moldova and Transnistria
- 25 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace