I am a graduate student and a few friends and I have decided we would like to do a mini 26 day trip to France and Portugal. Most of Portugal is planned (if you have suggestions that area MUST SEE or DO please share), but I am struggling with planning France. I know we will spend the first four nights, and about 5 days in Paris. From there we were thinking of doing two other smaller areas up in North/East France because most travel suggestions around December say that is the place to go.
I originally was thinking Reims and Strasbourg... But I read a few things saying Reims has changed a great deal and is now half the wonder it used to be.
So I still think we will stick with Strasbourg- I have to see those Christmas Markets! But I need some suggestions for the final stop... I also began looking into Dijon, and Nancy. Any suggestions? I need help
remember we are students! on a bit of a budget, looking for great day time museums, and a fun night life if possible!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Traveling advice for Amalfi coast
- 2 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 3 One Way... trust or bust?
- 4 Portugal trains
- 5 Rome to Cascia - is it better by train or bus?
- 6 Need suggestions on where to stay in Porto?
- 7 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 8 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 9 Scandinavia Itinerary Advice
- 10 When to Arrive At The Airport
- 11 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 12 3-ish Countries in 3 Weeks?
- 13 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 14 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 15 Edinburgh Nightlife
- 16 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 17 How best to spend a long day in Warnemunde
- 18 Walking GPS?
- 19 Rudesheim Bacharach or other suggestions.
- 20 Cost of Van from CDG
- 21 Cross Border Car Rental in Balkans
- 22 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 23 Has anyone used AtlasChoice for a car rental?
- 24 Girls trip - Lisbon
- 25 Hi altitude limitations in Switzerland