My wife and I are planning a trip to France in Dec 2014. I will be reaching Paris on Dec 24, 2014 and departing from Paris on Jan 6, 2015. I was looking to spend about 5 nights in Paris at the start of our trip. I would greatly appreciate any inputs on the following:
We plan to head to Strasburg on Dec 29, 2014 for a couple of nights for the Christmas markets, which, I believe are open till Dec 31. Is that too late? Should we instead do a day trip head to Strasburg on say Dec 26 or 27 for the Christmas markets? Is it possible to return to Paris the same day?
Since options in Dec are limited, what would be the best itinerary for us to plan for the rest of the trip after the 5 nights in Paris? We would ideally prefer a combination of small towns and the countryside. Neither of us have been anywhere in France except Paris before this. We aren't looking at skiing or travelling too much and would prefer train travel to renting a car (though renting is doable if necessary).
Please feel free to suggest any alterations to our trip, including reshuffling the Paris dates.
Thanks a lot in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 2 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 3 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 4 Revised itinerary for italy
- 5 Amalfi Coast help
- 6 Paris Metro
- 7 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 8 A good book!!
- 9 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 10 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 11 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 12 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 13 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 14 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 15 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 16 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 17 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 18 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 19 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 20 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 21 If you had to choose one......
- 22 CDG airport and connection time
- 23 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 24 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 25 Road Trip From Frankfurt