My wife and I are planning a trip to France in Dec 2014. I will be reaching Paris on Dec 24, 2014 and departing from Paris on Jan 6, 2015. I was looking to spend about 5 nights in Paris at the start of our trip. I would greatly appreciate any inputs on the following:
We plan to head to Strasburg on Dec 29, 2014 for a couple of nights for the Christmas markets, which, I believe are open till Dec 31. Is that too late? Should we instead do a day trip head to Strasburg on say Dec 26 or 27 for the Christmas markets? Is it possible to return to Paris the same day?
Since options in Dec are limited, what would be the best itinerary for us to plan for the rest of the trip after the 5 nights in Paris? We would ideally prefer a combination of small towns and the countryside. Neither of us have been anywhere in France except Paris before this. We aren't looking at skiing or travelling too much and would prefer train travel to renting a car (though renting is doable if necessary).
Please feel free to suggest any alterations to our trip, including reshuffling the Paris dates.
Thanks a lot in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tips on our visit to Edinburgh, Glencoe, Skye
- 2 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 3 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 4 24 hours in Paris
- 5 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 6 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 7 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 8 tickets for Wimbledon
- 9 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 10 Hotel Recommendations in Paris
- 11 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 12 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 13 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 14 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 15 Happy birthday ATM
- 16 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 17 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 18 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 19 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 20 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 21 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 22 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 23 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 24 B&Bs in Pisa, Parma & Bologna, Hotel in Milan
- 25 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy