Me and my fiancee are planning on going to France for two weeks for our honeymoon starting on the 27th of August. We have both lived there for a year (long time ago though!) so we speak some French and know Paris and the Northern parts. We would greatly appreciate any feedback on our itinerary and what improvements could be made! We are going to drive to the different destinations, starting from Paris flying back from Nice. Currently our itinerary looks like this:
Paris 1 night - staying at Le Burgundy, dinner at 3 star restaurant
La Rochelle 1 night - Masqhotel (we have some friends here)
St Emilion 2 nights - Chateau Grand Barrail (visit Bordeaux wine country)
Brantome (would Sarlat be a better option here?) 2 nights - Moulin de Vigonac (explore Dordogne)
Laguiole 1 night - Michel Bras (stop on the way to Provence, enjoy good food)
Bonnieux 4 nights - Domaine de Capelongue (explore Luberon and Provence)
Nice 2 nights - Le Palais de Mediterranee (drive along the coast, enjoy the Cote D'azur)
My only worry is that we are spreading ourselves too thin. But on the other hand, we are looking to do a "driving" honeymoon.
Any input is greatly appreciated! We really want to make it an unforgettable experience!
Bo & Jenny Ann
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 2 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 3 Paris to Switzerland to Venice in 2 weeks?
- 4 Getting around London
- 5 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 6 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 7 21, 18 and 6 year old trip to Europe
- 8 Lake Como,Italy
- 9 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 10 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 11 Traveling in Belgium
- 12 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 13 First trip to Paris! (and Amsterdam)
- 14 Train travel to and from Paris
- 15 International Drivers License for Sicily
- 16 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 17 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 18 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 19 Day Trip From Lisbon
- 20 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 21 Gtg's in Paris this summer ?
- 22 5 nights in Granada and Malaga - what combo?
- 23 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 24 Language to use in Belgium
- 25 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)