Me and my fiancee are planning on going to France for two weeks for our honeymoon starting on the 27th of August. We have both lived there for a year (long time ago though!) so we speak some French and know Paris and the Northern parts. We would greatly appreciate any feedback on our itinerary and what improvements could be made! We are going to drive to the different destinations, starting from Paris flying back from Nice. Currently our itinerary looks like this:
Paris 1 night - staying at Le Burgundy, dinner at 3 star restaurant
La Rochelle 1 night - Masqhotel (we have some friends here)
St Emilion 2 nights - Chateau Grand Barrail (visit Bordeaux wine country)
Brantome (would Sarlat be a better option here?) 2 nights - Moulin de Vigonac (explore Dordogne)
Laguiole 1 night - Michel Bras (stop on the way to Provence, enjoy good food)
Bonnieux 4 nights - Domaine de Capelongue (explore Luberon and Provence)
Nice 2 nights - Le Palais de Mediterranee (drive along the coast, enjoy the Cote D'azur)
My only worry is that we are spreading ourselves too thin. But on the other hand, we are looking to do a "driving" honeymoon.
Any input is greatly appreciated! We really want to make it an unforgettable experience!
Bo & Jenny Ann
France honeymoon itinerary feedback!
- 1 Rome Hotels near Termini
- 2 Edinburgh
- 3 Rome to Amalfie Coast-10 year anniversary
- 4 Credit card CHIP in Europe
- 5 1st, 6th or 7th in Paris
- 6 Connection in Newark EWR
- 7 Refining London and Scotland
- 8 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 9 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 10 Apartment location
- 11 portugal
- 12 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 13 Don’t Let Nursing Homes Keep Elderly Married Couples Apart
- 14 Paris trip report
- 15 France Cities for a 14 Day Winter Trip?
- 16 Am I in an unsafe Parisian neighborhood?
- 17 Travel from Logrono to Paris, Barcelona or San Sebastian.
- 18 Barcelona + Venice Honeymoon in June
- 19 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 20 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 21 Help with Itinerary for Marseille/Provence trip in September
- 22 Arriving at Rome FCO and departing from ZRH-luggage transfer advice
- 23 Schiphol to cruise port - luggage problem
- 24 Ibiza to Valencia- travel tip request
- 25 Help with itenerary