Me and my fiancee are planning on going to France for two weeks for our honeymoon starting on the 27th of August. We have both lived there for a year (long time ago though!) so we speak some French and know Paris and the Northern parts. We would greatly appreciate any feedback on our itinerary and what improvements could be made! We are going to drive to the different destinations, starting from Paris flying back from Nice. Currently our itinerary looks like this:
Paris 1 night - staying at Le Burgundy, dinner at 3 star restaurant
La Rochelle 1 night - Masqhotel (we have some friends here)
St Emilion 2 nights - Chateau Grand Barrail (visit Bordeaux wine country)
Brantome (would Sarlat be a better option here?) 2 nights - Moulin de Vigonac (explore Dordogne)
Laguiole 1 night - Michel Bras (stop on the way to Provence, enjoy good food)
Bonnieux 4 nights - Domaine de Capelongue (explore Luberon and Provence)
Nice 2 nights - Le Palais de Mediterranee (drive along the coast, enjoy the Cote D'azur)
My only worry is that we are spreading ourselves too thin. But on the other hand, we are looking to do a "driving" honeymoon.
Any input is greatly appreciated! We really want to make it an unforgettable experience!
Bo & Jenny Ann
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid/Lisbon
- 2 Day trips from Florence
- 3 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 4 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 5 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 6 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 7 No Periods in British Written English!
- 8 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 9 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 10 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 11 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 12 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 13 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 14 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 15 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 16 Wine tasting in Granada, Seville without driving
- 17 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 18 Relais Il Canalicchio
- 19 Oporto
- 20 Sao Miguel, Azores
- 21 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 22 Perugia
- 23 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 24 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 25 Ronda Wine/biking