I am trying to plan my 12 day honeymoon to France from the US this May (2017) and wanted to get some suggestions for adventurous travelers. We have never been to France and only an elementary understanding of the language with a ~$4,000 budget.
Here is my rough itinerary:
Start: Arrive in Nice and spend 3 days on a beach in French Riviera;
Tour wine vineyards somewhere (Burgundy might be most efficient);
Normandy day trip;
Paris: 3 days in the city before flying back out.
Any frequently overlooked stops that are worth the time?
Would renting a car be a better option than the train for travelling around France?
Thoughts on training to Brussels, London, or another city for a day trip from Paris?
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 2 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 3 Barcelona alternative
- 4 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 5 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 6 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 7 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 8 Road trip with our dog
- 9 Can parking
- 10 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?
- 11 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 12 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 13 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 14 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 15 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 16 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 17 Douro Valley in January?
- 18 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 19 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 20 Munich and....???
- 21 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 22 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 23 italy Cinque Terre
- 24 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 25 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!