I am trying to plan my 12 day honeymoon to France from the US this May (2017) and wanted to get some suggestions for adventurous travelers. We have never been to France and only an elementary understanding of the language with a ~$4,000 budget.
Here is my rough itinerary:
Start: Arrive in Nice and spend 3 days on a beach in French Riviera;
Tour wine vineyards somewhere (Burgundy might be most efficient);
Normandy day trip;
Paris: 3 days in the city before flying back out.
Any frequently overlooked stops that are worth the time?
Would renting a car be a better option than the train for travelling around France?
Thoughts on training to Brussels, London, or another city for a day trip from Paris?
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 2 Poland to Austria In December
- 3 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 4 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 5 Best Neck Pillow
- 6 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 7 Using RenaultUSA.com
- 8 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 9 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 10 barcelona neighborhood
- 11 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 12 How to spend 6 days in Stockholm ?
- 13 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 14 Tracking the Weather
- 15 Italy travel plan help
- 16 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 17 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 18 Alsace to Austria?
- 19 road trip through scotland
- 20 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 21 Wales
- 22 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 23 Tieks for travel
- 24 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 25 Where to eat in Rome?