I am trying to plan my 12 day honeymoon to France from the US this May (2017) and wanted to get some suggestions for adventurous travelers. We have never been to France and only an elementary understanding of the language with a ~$4,000 budget.
Here is my rough itinerary:
Start: Arrive in Nice and spend 3 days on a beach in French Riviera;
Tour wine vineyards somewhere (Burgundy might be most efficient);
Normandy day trip;
Paris: 3 days in the city before flying back out.
Any frequently overlooked stops that are worth the time?
Would renting a car be a better option than the train for travelling around France?
Thoughts on training to Brussels, London, or another city for a day trip from Paris?
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 (Repost) Overall cost of three weeks in Scotland??
- 2 Split, Croatia Itinerary help
- 3 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 4 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 5 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 6 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 7 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 8 Car rental companies - why so many negative reviews?
- 9 Iceland rental camper company
- 10 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 11 southeast sicily town as home base
- 12 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 13 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 14 Chania
- 15 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 16 Incredibly Beautiful, Fira, Greece
- 17 Theoxenia on Santorini
- 18 Spanish food - not that special?
- 19 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 20 Rome travel book, Nice extra
- 21 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 22 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 23 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 24 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 25 Booking Irish Rail ticket