I am trying to plan my 12 day honeymoon to France from the US this May (2017) and wanted to get some suggestions for adventurous travelers. We have never been to France and only an elementary understanding of the language with a ~$4,000 budget.
Here is my rough itinerary:
Start: Arrive in Nice and spend 3 days on a beach in French Riviera;
Tour wine vineyards somewhere (Burgundy might be most efficient);
Normandy day trip;
Paris: 3 days in the city before flying back out.
Any frequently overlooked stops that are worth the time?
Would renting a car be a better option than the train for travelling around France?
Thoughts on training to Brussels, London, or another city for a day trip from Paris?
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 2 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 3 LIsbon
- 4 London Hotels
- 5 London-Help Me Spend Money
- 6 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 7 Luggage Storage
- 8 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 9 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 10 Paris hotels
- 11 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 12 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 13 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 14 Intercity Notte training boarding time
- 15 25th Anniversary in Italy - Spring 2017
- 16 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 17 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 18 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 19 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 20 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 21 Back from Paris
- 22 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 23 Summer Travel order
- 24 10 days in Paris and......
- 25 Another tipping question: concierges