I am trying to plan my 12 day honeymoon to France from the US this May (2017) and wanted to get some suggestions for adventurous travelers. We have never been to France and only an elementary understanding of the language with a ~$4,000 budget.
Here is my rough itinerary:
Start: Arrive in Nice and spend 3 days on a beach in French Riviera;
Tour wine vineyards somewhere (Burgundy might be most efficient);
Normandy day trip;
Paris: 3 days in the city before flying back out.
Any frequently overlooked stops that are worth the time?
Would renting a car be a better option than the train for travelling around France?
Thoughts on training to Brussels, London, or another city for a day trip from Paris?
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bernina Express mid-March
- 2 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 3 Questions about Polish sights
- 4 Italy
- 5 4 days itinerary for France
- 6 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 7 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 8 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 9 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 10 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 11 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 12 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 13 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 14 Ireland travel passport question
- 15 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 16 where to stay in London?
- 17 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 18 vienna
- 19 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 20 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 21 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 22 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 23 Juangfrau / mt
- 24 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 25 Switzerland