I'm going to France this May 2013 for 10 days. Intended to go Paris, Strasbourg and still decide on one more city to go to.
For this trip I want to go to cities that I can walk around and explore the city. I don't want to visit a city that I have to take a taxi or bus to go around 20, 30km to visit a castle or something similar and come back.
Travel further by train is no issue with me, as long as the city/village i can see by walking then it's fine with me.
since it's the first time I will go to France, I need more ideas from experienced travellers.
Thanks a lot.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 2 Do we stay in Montalcino or Chianti or Both?
- 3 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 4 Train Route Help! France, Spain, Italy & Switzerland
- 5 Switzerland Hotels
- 6 Florence and Rome
- 7 How would you piece these together?Piedmont,Tuscany, Bologna, Umbria
- 8 NY Times goes to Sicily!
- 9 Living on € 2500 monthly
- 10 Amalfi October 16-25
- 11 Modica or Noto? So difficult to decide!
- 12 The Great Grotte Question: Clamouse or Demoiselles
- 13 Portugal, What did you love there ?
- 14 21 nights in England, please help
- 15 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 16 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 17 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 18 Help with Italy Itinerary: October 2016
- 19 Trip report European honeymoon
- 20 Ireland-3 Weeks, 3 Bases
- 21 Sentimental Journey
- 22 Need advice on Greek islands
- 23 Advice on Bethnal Green, Shoreditch area London
- 24 First Trip to Europe, HELP
- 25 Paris to the Past, by Ina Caro