I'm going to France this May 2013 for 10 days. Intended to go Paris, Strasbourg and still decide on one more city to go to.
For this trip I want to go to cities that I can walk around and explore the city. I don't want to visit a city that I have to take a taxi or bus to go around 20, 30km to visit a castle or something similar and come back.
Travel further by train is no issue with me, as long as the city/village i can see by walking then it's fine with me.
since it's the first time I will go to France, I need more ideas from experienced travellers.
Thanks a lot.
France cities that can be explored on foot
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid hotel near Atocha Station
- 2 Looking for 5* Beach Resort
- 3 venice, italy
- 4 Rocamaxour
- 5 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 6 construction near Shangri-La Paris or Le Royal Monceau Paris?
- 7 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 8 Free family pass for kids with Berner Oberland Pass?
- 9 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 10 Home Base in Belgium
- 11 Greece after the Vote
- 12 April in Madrid
- 13 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 14 Big and little towns of Europe
- 15 Winter in europe - am I being too ambitious?
- 16 Innsbruck and surroundings
- 17 Navigo Decouverte
- 18 I finally have my Scotland trip all booked.
- 19 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 20 Trip Report -- Spain and Portugal, 2014
- 21 What cities in Poland have you visited?
- 22 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 23 Gastehaus Alpenkranz
- 24 Up coming strikes at Spanish airports 2015
- 25 Which Florence hotel?