I'm going to France this May 2013 for 10 days. Intended to go Paris, Strasbourg and still decide on one more city to go to.
For this trip I want to go to cities that I can walk around and explore the city. I don't want to visit a city that I have to take a taxi or bus to go around 20, 30km to visit a castle or something similar and come back.
Travel further by train is no issue with me, as long as the city/village i can see by walking then it's fine with me.
since it's the first time I will go to France, I need more ideas from experienced travellers.
Thanks a lot.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Self-driving in Iceland
- 2 Do Franprix or Monoprix stores offer delivery services?
- 3 B&Bs/hotels near Kinsale?
- 4 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 5 Travel tips for Budapest-July 2016
- 6 Trip Report: Bellagio, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre and Piedmont
- 7 Budapest questions round 1
- 8 Iceland - a brief trip report
- 9 Is it really 100 degrees F. in Paris???
- 10 Need help with packing for a trip to Rome, Cinque Terre and Switzerland
- 11 Trip Report: Eight Days in Amsterdam and Belgium
- 12 Fabulous Greece-Santorini, Naxos and Athens
- 13 Help with recommendations in Croatia
- 14 First EuroTrip decision/planning help
- 15 If Greece exits
- 16 Itinerary help for Bavaria
- 17 Beautiful Engadin is suffering
- 18 Traveling solo in the Loire Valley / train or car? best base?
- 19 Rafting Gorge du Verdon
- 20 Railpass VS Point-to-Point
- 21 5 nights near British Museum mid September?
- 22 Scandinavian and Baltic Adventure - our trip report
- 23 Riviera roadtrip
- 24 7 Days, 7 Counties, 3 Generations Southwest Sampler
- 25 Stratford-upon-avon in England