I'm going to France this May 2013 for 10 days. Intended to go Paris, Strasbourg and still decide on one more city to go to.
For this trip I want to go to cities that I can walk around and explore the city. I don't want to visit a city that I have to take a taxi or bus to go around 20, 30km to visit a castle or something similar and come back.
Travel further by train is no issue with me, as long as the city/village i can see by walking then it's fine with me.
since it's the first time I will go to France, I need more ideas from experienced travellers.
Thanks a lot.
France cities that can be explored on foot
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to wear
- 2 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 3 Arc de Triumph Question
- 4 London & Cotswold or Prague & Amsterdam
- 5 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 6 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?
- 7 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 8 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 9 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 10 London 2nd time around
- 11 Hotel recommendations for Trieste
- 12 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 13 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 14 Greece trip report - winter in the center - Epirus, Pelion etc
- 15 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 16 How to split nine days on Crete?
- 17 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 18 Amsterdam Berlin Bus companies BestBusTravel
- 19 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 20 Rovinj, Croatia
- 21 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 22 Paris November 2014
- 23 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 24 Traveling in France by train
- 25 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.