I'm going to France this May 2013 for 10 days. Intended to go Paris, Strasbourg and still decide on one more city to go to.
For this trip I want to go to cities that I can walk around and explore the city. I don't want to visit a city that I have to take a taxi or bus to go around 20, 30km to visit a castle or something similar and come back.
Travel further by train is no issue with me, as long as the city/village i can see by walking then it's fine with me.
since it's the first time I will go to France, I need more ideas from experienced travellers.
Thanks a lot.
France cities that can be explored on foot
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cotswolds village base
- 2 Hotel in Rome?
- 3 Confused about tipping in Swiss restaurants
- 4 Sim Card for Data Plan
- 5 Puglia--need hotel for last 2 nites HELP trip is coming up
- 6 Italy Itinerary help - leaving in <2 weeks
- 7 Itinerary help Geneva, Lausanne , Montreux or Vevey
- 8 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 9 Walking Tours in Rome and Florence
- 10 Passport Delays
- 11 Wine tour from Verona?
- 12 May Trip to Germany and Switzerland - Munich and Lauterbrunnen - Hiking Included
- 13 10 days switzerland trip itenary..
- 14 Netherlands Delta Works
- 15 Berlin, Paris, London: 2 weeks, 3 people
- 16 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 17 Please help with itinerary for 18 days in Italy.
- 18 A full week in The Netherlands
- 19 Need Help For August Spain Itinerary (10 days)
- 20 Southern Italy without a Car
- 21 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 22 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 23 40 Major Tourist Scams
- 24 Planning an itinerary in Southern France
- 25 Prices in Dubrovnik