I'm going to France this May 2013 for 10 days. Intended to go Paris, Strasbourg and still decide on one more city to go to.
For this trip I want to go to cities that I can walk around and explore the city. I don't want to visit a city that I have to take a taxi or bus to go around 20, 30km to visit a castle or something similar and come back.
Travel further by train is no issue with me, as long as the city/village i can see by walking then it's fine with me.
since it's the first time I will go to France, I need more ideas from experienced travellers.
Thanks a lot.
France cities that can be explored on foot
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 2 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 3 London day trips, especially castles
- 4 Honeymoon in Greece 10 days : Athen Santorini Crete
- 5 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 6 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 7 Nairn to Edinburgh to home - route and where to stay
- 8 Day trips from Marseille
- 9 Hotel in Venice
- 10 Article about the building of Brunelleschi's dome on the Duomo in Florence
- 11 Trip to/involving Spain/Provence - preliminary ideas?
- 12 Sicily - Palermo, Cefalu, Taormina, Syracuse, Agrigento
- 13 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
- 14 A drive in Europe
- 15 Zurich, Switzerland
- 16 Sim Card for Data Plan
- 17 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 18 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 19 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 20 Day trips
- 21 London tube
- 22 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 23 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 24 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 25 Swiss rail passes