I'm going to France this May 2013 for 10 days. Intended to go Paris, Strasbourg and still decide on one more city to go to.
For this trip I want to go to cities that I can walk around and explore the city. I don't want to visit a city that I have to take a taxi or bus to go around 20, 30km to visit a castle or something similar and come back.
Travel further by train is no issue with me, as long as the city/village i can see by walking then it's fine with me.
since it's the first time I will go to France, I need more ideas from experienced travellers.
Thanks a lot.
France cities that can be explored on foot
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best luggage for a 7 week trip
- 2 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 3 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 4 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 5 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 6 Which Northern Germany international airport?
- 7 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 8 Dresden or Leipzig
- 9 Zurich to Basel transfer
- 10 Why don't the French use shower curtains
- 11 flights from San Francisco to Germany
- 12 Eiffel tower tickets
- 13 4-6 weeks
- 14 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 15 Help With Vienna
- 16 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 17 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 18 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 19 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 20 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 21 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family
- 22 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 23 Venice Banning Fodors
- 24 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 25 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11