I am a single mom with two boys I adopted . I prefer to take an interesting cultural summer vacation rather than putting them in these very generic expensive summer camps.
I am however on a very tight budget.
This summer we are going to France for 4 weeks. I have already planned flight and gites.
We will drive from Paris to Sarlat where we will spend a week sightseeing
Dordgone region and then drive to Provance where we will spend 3 weeks at three different gites. Travel along the coast. Maybe to Italian riviaria -
I have already paid for flights and gites but I am stuck on what I will need for gas -tolls -food -sightseeing. As I mentioned I am on a tight budget and I prefer to grab a delicious pastry from a local bakery and get out and see as much as possible . As much as I would love to
Eat my way through France I don't see it as a possibility.
Any thoughts on budget ??
Many thanks for any and all input
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Buy Quality Real And Fake Passports, Driver's License, ID Cards, Visas
- 2 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 3 Notes on St. Petersburg
- 4 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 5 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 6 Sisi Ticket - skip line at Hofburg?
- 7 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 8 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 9 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 10 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 11 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 12 Appenzell in December?
- 13 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 14 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 15 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 16 Iceland in January/February
- 17 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 18 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 19 Switzerland
- 20 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 21 WWI Battlefields
- 22 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 23 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 24 Visiting Zurich
- 25 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?