I am a single mom with two boys I adopted . I prefer to take an interesting cultural summer vacation rather than putting them in these very generic expensive summer camps.
I am however on a very tight budget.
This summer we are going to France for 4 weeks. I have already planned flight and gites.
We will drive from Paris to Sarlat where we will spend a week sightseeing
Dordgone region and then drive to Provance where we will spend 3 weeks at three different gites. Travel along the coast. Maybe to Italian riviaria -
I have already paid for flights and gites but I am stuck on what I will need for gas -tolls -food -sightseeing. As I mentioned I am on a tight budget and I prefer to grab a delicious pastry from a local bakery and get out and see as much as possible . As much as I would love to
Eat my way through France I don't see it as a possibility.
Any thoughts on budget ??
Many thanks for any and all input
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 2 Lisbon trip report
- 3 restaurants in Marais district
- 4 Scotland - Highlands in May or June?
- 5 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 6 Any Lisbon or Porto trip reports?
- 7 Best travelling Dordogne to Barcelona?
- 8 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 9 Planning a European Trip
- 10 Where to spend a week in Italy
- 11 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March
- 12 Ireland travel passport question
- 13 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 14 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 15 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 16 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 17 Help with timeline. Connecting flights in London Gatwick
- 18 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 19 Norway Itinerary
- 20 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 21 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 22 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 23 Hotels in Kamari or Perissa/Perivolos Beaches - Santorini
- 24 Springtime Adventure in Europe
- 25 Enough time to make connection at CDG?