My fiancé and I are planning on eloping to France or Italy in May or June of 2014. We would like to visit both for our honeymoon. Total trip is 2 weeks. I have been to Paris but want to go back. Venice is also another place I want to visit on our trip. We would like to spend 1 week in France and 1 week in Italy. We have not decided where to have our ceremony. Suggestions would be appreciated. I was thinking we could start out in Paris and travel south, but not sure how or where to stop along the way. Also would maybe like to see wine country in Italy. Both of us are passionate about wine and food. I know Paris and Venice are both very touristy, so was thinking would like to also see something off the beaten path. Would like to mix the trip up a bit, quaint and relaxed with fast paced. I know 2 weeks is not a lot of time. I would appreciate any suggestions on places to visit and places to have our ceremony.
France and Italy for wedding and honeymoon
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 2 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 3 I dream of Europe
- 4 Too many Trip Reports
- 5 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 6 Reykjavik hotels
- 7 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 8 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 9 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 10 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 11 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 12 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 13 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 14 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 15 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 16 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 17 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 18 Help with England/Wales tour
- 19 Deciding on apartment location in Rome
- 20 Hotels that we found special
- 21 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 22 Staycation: can't believe I'm doing this
- 23 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 24 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 25 Portugal or Bulgaria