With your help, DH and I spent a dream month in Spain 2013. Now we'd like to explore France. We love history and museums, and have been reading threads of great adventures you have shared. We like active outdoors things and small villages.
France looks to be more of a navigational challenge than Spain. (Hope I am wrong!) It is so helpful to know the best way to connect from one area to another before designing an itinerary. Rick Steve's and Lonely Planet were immense help making connections from place to place in Spain. I am not finding this info as readily on France. I speak French, hubby loves to navigate on foot and by car. Together, it works.
Best flights look to be Air France R/T to CDG.
Here are my thoughts: (September 2015)
Paris (8 days)
Chartres (day trip or over night en route to Loire Valley?)
Loire Valley (Train or car to get there?) Car when there, for sure.
Dordogne (Yes, we have Stu's itinerary!! yea!!) I used up all the printer paper. ha ha
Gorges de Verdon
Chamonix??? (Always wanted to see it but the Aiguille looks to be pretty frosty.
Mer de Glace would ring his bell, though.)
Yvoire and/or Lake Geneva
We would like to use a car when necessary, but take trains for a break.
Please mention anything you love that will make us want to change up this plan.
Merci mille fois!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Germany family road trip help!
- 2 France, UK and Ireland
- 3 Italy and Croatia in 20 days - I need a rough itinerary please
- 4 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 5 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 6 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 7 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 8 Rouen Tour Companies
- 9 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 10 No Periods in British Written English!
- 11 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 12 What do after Bernia Express?
- 13 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 14 Info request: Road Trip Naples to Bari-Part 2
- 15 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 16 First time in London
- 17 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 18 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 19 Self drive tour companies
- 20 scotland
- 21 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 22 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 23 Ischia
- 24 Vatican Museums and Scavi Tour
- 25 Barcelona