With your help, DH and I spent a dream month in Spain 2013. Now we'd like to explore France. We love history and museums, and have been reading threads of great adventures you have shared. We like active outdoors things and small villages.
France looks to be more of a navigational challenge than Spain. (Hope I am wrong!) It is so helpful to know the best way to connect from one area to another before designing an itinerary. Rick Steve's and Lonely Planet were immense help making connections from place to place in Spain. I am not finding this info as readily on France. I speak French, hubby loves to navigate on foot and by car. Together, it works.
Best flights look to be Air France R/T to CDG.
Here are my thoughts: (September 2015)
Paris (8 days)
Chartres (day trip or over night en route to Loire Valley?)
Loire Valley (Train or car to get there?) Car when there, for sure.
Dordogne (Yes, we have Stu's itinerary!! yea!!) I used up all the printer paper. ha ha
Gorges de Verdon
Chamonix??? (Always wanted to see it but the Aiguille looks to be pretty frosty.
Mer de Glace would ring his bell, though.)
Yvoire and/or Lake Geneva
We would like to use a car when necessary, but take trains for a break.
Please mention anything you love that will make us want to change up this plan.
Merci mille fois!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My Topic TitleR@one=Verizon ☎ 1:800:982 :8520 Tec*h SUPPORT CONTACT * 24x7
- 2 Village visit in Northern Italy
- 3 Natural History Museum: Wildlife Photographer of the Year
- 4 Now to Madrid
- 5 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 6 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 7 Where to stay first night near Manchester
- 8 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 9 Sicily: which coast?
- 10 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 11 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 12 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 13 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 14 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 15 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 16 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 17 3 days solo in London
- 18 Chania
- 19 Edinbrugh
- 20 Berlin to ?
- 21 Hotels in Turin
- 22 Help on ancient history route
- 23 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 24 Studying art in English in venice
- 25 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries