With your help, DH and I spent a dream month in Spain 2013. Now we'd like to explore France. We love history and museums, and have been reading threads of great adventures you have shared. We like active outdoors things and small villages.
France looks to be more of a navigational challenge than Spain. (Hope I am wrong!) It is so helpful to know the best way to connect from one area to another before designing an itinerary. Rick Steve's and Lonely Planet were immense help making connections from place to place in Spain. I am not finding this info as readily on France. I speak French, hubby loves to navigate on foot and by car. Together, it works.
Best flights look to be Air France R/T to CDG.
Here are my thoughts: (September 2015)
Paris (8 days)
Chartres (day trip or over night en route to Loire Valley?)
Loire Valley (Train or car to get there?) Car when there, for sure.
Dordogne (Yes, we have Stu's itinerary!! yea!!) I used up all the printer paper. ha ha
Gorges de Verdon
Chamonix??? (Always wanted to see it but the Aiguille looks to be pretty frosty.
Mer de Glace would ring his bell, though.)
Yvoire and/or Lake Geneva
We would like to use a car when necessary, but take trains for a break.
Please mention anything you love that will make us want to change up this plan.
Merci mille fois!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bernina Express mid-March
- 2 Croatia transportation question.
- 3 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 4 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 5 Westerplatte
- 6 What is best for gps & data for trip to spain and portugal?
- 7 Biarritz family holiday
- 8 Ireland hotel questions
- 9 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 10 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 11 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 12 Cutback on Spain trip
- 13 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 14 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 15 getting to CDG
- 16 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 17 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 18 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 19 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 20 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 21 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March
- 22 Ireland travel passport question
- 23 If you had to choose one......
- 24 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 25 Trying to pick a Greek Island