With your help, DH and I spent a dream month in Spain 2013. Now we'd like to explore France. We love history and museums, and have been reading threads of great adventures you have shared. We like active outdoors things and small villages.
France looks to be more of a navigational challenge than Spain. (Hope I am wrong!) It is so helpful to know the best way to connect from one area to another before designing an itinerary. Rick Steve's and Lonely Planet were immense help making connections from place to place in Spain. I am not finding this info as readily on France. I speak French, hubby loves to navigate on foot and by car. Together, it works.
Best flights look to be Air France R/T to CDG.
Here are my thoughts: (September 2015)
Paris (8 days)
Chartres (day trip or over night en route to Loire Valley?)
Loire Valley (Train or car to get there?) Car when there, for sure.
Dordogne (Yes, we have Stu's itinerary!! yea!!) I used up all the printer paper. ha ha
Gorges de Verdon
Chamonix??? (Always wanted to see it but the Aiguille looks to be pretty frosty.
Mer de Glace would ring his bell, though.)
Yvoire and/or Lake Geneva
We would like to use a car when necessary, but take trains for a break.
Please mention anything you love that will make us want to change up this plan.
Merci mille fois!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 2 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 3 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 4 9 Days in Spain
- 5 Barcelona alternative
- 6 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 7 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 8 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 9 Spanish Medical Providers
- 10 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 11 Paris to Italy
- 12 Driving through Paris
- 13 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 14 May Day 2018 in Slovenia
- 15 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 16 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 17 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 18 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 19 Road trip with our dog
- 20 Frankfurt to UK
- 21 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 22 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 23 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 24 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 25 Electrical Power Conversion