I wanted to see if you could help me with planning my upcoming trip in June to France.
I have already been to Paris so I plan to spend roughly 4 days there, I land on a Saturday and have yet to decide if I stay in Paris in the beginning or end of my trip.
I am trying to figure out with the remaining time if I should explore the north/west regions, Normandy and Loire or if I have enough time to go to Avignon/Provence and possibly Cannes. Our group is interested in exploring a wine region, visiting some chateauxs and seeing historical architecture as well as some moderate bike riding. I am not opposed to flying or taking a train directly to any region and renting a car once we arrive there.
I am also hoping to stay overnight in a chateaux as well, any recommendations for this would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 2 Amalfi Coast help
- 3 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 4 Sicily
- 5 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 6 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 7 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 8 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 9 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 10 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 11 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 12 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 13 Where to buy Saffron?
- 14 English Countryside
- 15 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 16 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 17 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 18 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 19 Super Cover For Hertz
- 20 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 21 4 days itinerary for France
- 22 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 23 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 24 Is it worth it to drive into Positano...& Amalfi Coast by land or sea?
- 25 When to Visit Scotland