My family of four wishes to travel France for a week or so July 2013. We would love to rent an apartment centrally located and take day trips from there so we could come back to the same apartment each night.
Do you have suggestions as to which city or village we should rent the apartment so we can see several of the main highlights in France? We wish to see the Beaches of Normandy, Omaha Beach, some world war battlefields, Dieppe, Lourds and the south of France. We don't need to see Paris.
Diane from Canada
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Coffee in Naples
- 2 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 3 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 4 A Sardinia trip report
- 5 22 year olds in Europe
- 6 From Paris to Bruselas-Amsterdam-London
- 7 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 8 Granada
- 9 Azores
- 10 Rome bus tours-which one?
- 11 All Set To Go!!
- 12 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 13 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 14 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 15 4 weeks in the UK
- 16 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 17 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 18 Our Brief Bavarian Break: Christmas Markets
- 19 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 20 Have ten days to visit Munich, Salzburg and Switzerland
- 21 First time to Switzerland
- 22 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 23 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 24 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 25 Eastern Europe