My family of four wishes to travel France for a week or so July 2013. We would love to rent an apartment centrally located and take day trips from there so we could come back to the same apartment each night.
Do you have suggestions as to which city or village we should rent the apartment so we can see several of the main highlights in France? We wish to see the Beaches of Normandy, Omaha Beach, some world war battlefields, Dieppe, Lourds and the south of France. We don't need to see Paris.
Diane from Canada
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 2 US to Toulouse, connecting through Gatwick - how much connection time?
- 3 Need accommodation advice for staying in central London
- 4 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 5 An afternoon in Geiranger
- 6 What clothes?
- 7 What is the French job 'Rectifieur (ouvrier)'?
- 8 tipping
- 9 First Time Visit to UK - 3 Weeks Itinerary Help
- 10 Where to sleep in Manchester?
- 11 Where to stay in lavender country in Provence?
- 12 How many nights in Lucerne, how many in Lauterbrunnen?
- 13 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 14 Before & after Dolomites trip
- 15 Isle Sur-la-Sorgue Thursday
- 16 Edinburgh Conference Centre, Riccarton -- nearby hotels?
- 17 Advice about Naples?
- 18 Eurail or Direct tickets?
- 19 I need suggestion on where to stay in Port Alcudia
- 20 Norway night train questions for Norway in a nutshell
- 21 Germany "Riddled with Crime"?
- 22 Lavender country Provence hotel
- 23 Quick 13 day Italy trip
- 24 Oslo airport to hotel
- 25 Paris and Lyon