My family of four wishes to travel France for a week or so July 2013. We would love to rent an apartment centrally located and take day trips from there so we could come back to the same apartment each night.
Do you have suggestions as to which city or village we should rent the apartment so we can see several of the main highlights in France? We wish to see the Beaches of Normandy, Omaha Beach, some world war battlefields, Dieppe, Lourds and the south of France. We don't need to see Paris.
Diane from Canada
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 K-Day
- 2 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 3 How do you buy a Camper Van in Europe? Help ME!
- 4 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 5 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 6 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 7 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 8 Short Trip in July
- 9 Things to do in Brussels
- 10 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 11 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 12 Greek Islands (small)
- 13 Campervan in Croatia
- 14 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 15 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 16 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 17 UK Visa Help
- 18 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 19 Spain in December
- 20 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 21 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 22 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 23 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 24 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 25 Cell Phone Question