My family of four wishes to travel France for a week or so July 2013. We would love to rent an apartment centrally located and take day trips from there so we could come back to the same apartment each night.
Do you have suggestions as to which city or village we should rent the apartment so we can see several of the main highlights in France? We wish to see the Beaches of Normandy, Omaha Beach, some world war battlefields, Dieppe, Lourds and the south of France. We don't need to see Paris.
Diane from Canada
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 1 week solo in Europe. Which of these?
- 2 Italy: your favorite national park?
- 3 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 4 Belgium for the 1st time
- 5 Help! Suggestions for Italian itinerary
- 6 Best Destination for Teenage Girls?
- 7 Which bus from Bratislava train station
- 8 First Post, Lots of Questions
- 9 Torridon Scotland. Four days. What to do?
- 10 Norway Trip Report 2016
- 11 Parma hotels - Pacchiosi or Rosa Prati
- 12 Overstaying 90 day Schengen stay limit
- 13 February in Florence
- 14 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 15 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 16 Munich hotel near the Christmas Village late November
- 17 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 18 Iceland and the Fareoe Islands in two weeks
- 19 The highlands
- 20 Naxos hotel question
- 21 Juangfrau / mt
- 22 Loire Valley itinerary
- 23 Venice, September 2016, a trip report (sort of).
- 24 St. Wolfgang/Hallstatt/Berchtesgaden from Salzburg
- 25 Should we go to Vienna?