My family of four wishes to travel France for a week or so July 2013. We would love to rent an apartment centrally located and take day trips from there so we could come back to the same apartment each night.
Do you have suggestions as to which city or village we should rent the apartment so we can see several of the main highlights in France? We wish to see the Beaches of Normandy, Omaha Beach, some world war battlefields, Dieppe, Lourds and the south of France. We don't need to see Paris.
Diane from Canada
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day Trips from Lisbon
- 2 To europe this Aug
- 3 Road Trip! Two weeks in Ireland with planning advice for you.
- 4 Madrid - Madrid - 9 days
- 5 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 6 Swiss Alps to Florence
- 7 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 8 Edinburgh to Bath - what is best option? train or plane
- 9 Very last minute Swiss train help!
- 10 Departure Tax in UK
- 11 Quaint Towns within 2hr Driving from Amsterdam
- 12 2 week in Europe Itinerary help
- 13 Ireland in November
- 14 Switzerland and Italy 8 days
- 15 I'm back.....
- 16 Swiss travel pass/ Glacier express
- 17 Switzerland itinerary help
- 18 Best coastal town within 3 hours of Barcelona (with kids)
- 19 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 20 Ireland ToDo
- 21 Our week in Italy - lucky with weather, missed impulse
- 22 FAQs
- 23 Charles Degaulle question
- 24 Normandy - driving trip
- 25 Copenhagen / Stockholm trip advice