My family of four wishes to travel France for a week or so July 2013. We would love to rent an apartment centrally located and take day trips from there so we could come back to the same apartment each night.
Do you have suggestions as to which city or village we should rent the apartment so we can see several of the main highlights in France? We wish to see the Beaches of Normandy, Omaha Beach, some world war battlefields, Dieppe, Lourds and the south of France. We don't need to see Paris.
Diane from Canada
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland travel passport question
- 2 Italy
- 3 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 4 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 5 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 6 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 7 Revised itinerary for italy
- 8 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 9 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 10 Biarritz family holiday
- 11 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 12 Lisbon hotel
- 13 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 14 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 15 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 16 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 17 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 18 4 Days in Tuscany
- 19 If you had to choose one......
- 20 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 21 Switzerland
- 22 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 23 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 24 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 25 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice