I am looking for advice on two locations we might enjoy exploring in France this July. Our group includes 2 moms and 4 girls between 11 and 14. We are pretty low key travelers and will have a car. we will have already been in Paris.
We are thinking we would like to explore 2 areas of France spending 4 to 5 nights each place and are wondering what regions people would recommend. We would rather not change locations to frequently. two rentals with day trips would be great.
I was thinking Dorgone---Lascaux II, Sarlat, Rocamadour, Perigigueux and Chateau de Castlenaud
Is it possible to go to Dune de Pilat for a day trip or is it better to be closer to coast? is it interesting
Is it possible to do a beach day as a road trip? Or too far?
Is it better to be North of Aquitane in the Ile de Oleron/La rochelle area if we want to see the coast?
A second region we looked at was Avignon, Nimes, Arles, Gordes. Is this ok for 4-5 days or should we just stick to the East coast and see more of that?
We will be driving from Paris and returning by car to Amsterdam.
Thank you ahead of time for insights and I apologize for my lack of knowledge and inability to narrow down more what we are looking for. We want to do it all but know we will enjoy relaxed well organized snippets best! You always miss something!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 2 3-ish Countries in 3 Weeks?
- 3 Portugal trains
- 4 Book recommendation: Non-travel book about the Dolomites
- 5 Italy 2010 - Lake Garda to Rome via Dolomites, Verona, Bologna and Tuscany
- 6 Capri, Amalfi Coast, Naples in late June/early July
- 7 ENGLAND TEAM for game with wales
- 8 Traveling advice for Amalfi coast
- 9 Whirlwind Italy in 16 days
- 10 Gluten Free in Italy
- 11 Sentimental Journey
- 12 Restaurant Open on Monday's near Castlemuzio
- 13 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 14 MID DECEMBER IN BUDAPEST
- 15 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 16 When to Arrive At The Airport
- 17 10 day Spain trip - which cities?
- 18 Tour of La Scala, Milan
- 19 Paris w/ Kids -- A family's first trip [report]
- 20 Edinburgh-London-Paris in that order
- 21 Royal Caribbean Cruise port to Arlanda, Stockholm airport
- 22 Rudesheim Bacharach or other suggestions.
- 23 Help planning a driving trip in Eastern Europe in July
- 24 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 25 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?