I am looking for advice on two locations we might enjoy exploring in France this July. Our group includes 2 moms and 4 girls between 11 and 14. We are pretty low key travelers and will have a car. we will have already been in Paris.
We are thinking we would like to explore 2 areas of France spending 4 to 5 nights each place and are wondering what regions people would recommend. We would rather not change locations to frequently. two rentals with day trips would be great.
I was thinking Dorgone---Lascaux II, Sarlat, Rocamadour, Perigigueux and Chateau de Castlenaud
Is it possible to go to Dune de Pilat for a day trip or is it better to be closer to coast? is it interesting
Is it possible to do a beach day as a road trip? Or too far?
Is it better to be North of Aquitane in the Ile de Oleron/La rochelle area if we want to see the coast?
A second region we looked at was Avignon, Nimes, Arles, Gordes. Is this ok for 4-5 days or should we just stick to the East coast and see more of that?
We will be driving from Paris and returning by car to Amsterdam.
Thank you ahead of time for insights and I apologize for my lack of knowledge and inability to narrow down more what we are looking for. We want to do it all but know we will enjoy relaxed well organized snippets best! You always miss something!
France 2 moms and 4 teens 10 days
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 days to Explore Europe
- 2 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 3 How much luggage?????
- 4 Scandinavia and RCL 8 Night Norwegian Fjords Cruise 2015
- 5 17 days in Europe: a family vacation
- 6 Short trip to Venice, with (some oddball) tours
- 7 Renewing our vows in Venice
- 8 Paris in black and white
- 9 London for Free
- 10 Help with a French -> English translation, please
- 11 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 12 Over 40,000 Photos Used To Create A Time-Lapse Video Of Paris
- 13 Day Trips from Nice
- 14 Help with France itinerary
- 15 plug adapters ITALY
- 16 Playing Basketball in Amsterdam
- 17 Appropriate attire for Provence
- 18 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 19 Tour Iceland Safely On Line (Video + Stills)
- 20 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 21 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 22 RENFE train drivers strike: 12 and 15 September 2014
- 23 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 24 Any last things i might need to know for our trip??
- 25 Help finding private transfer from Monte Gordo, Portugal to Seville, Spain