I am looking for advice on two locations we might enjoy exploring in France this July. Our group includes 2 moms and 4 girls between 11 and 14. We are pretty low key travelers and will have a car. we will have already been in Paris.
We are thinking we would like to explore 2 areas of France spending 4 to 5 nights each place and are wondering what regions people would recommend. We would rather not change locations to frequently. two rentals with day trips would be great.
I was thinking Dorgone---Lascaux II, Sarlat, Rocamadour, Perigigueux and Chateau de Castlenaud
Is it possible to go to Dune de Pilat for a day trip or is it better to be closer to coast? is it interesting
Is it possible to do a beach day as a road trip? Or too far?
Is it better to be North of Aquitane in the Ile de Oleron/La rochelle area if we want to see the coast?
A second region we looked at was Avignon, Nimes, Arles, Gordes. Is this ok for 4-5 days or should we just stick to the East coast and see more of that?
We will be driving from Paris and returning by car to Amsterdam.
Thank you ahead of time for insights and I apologize for my lack of knowledge and inability to narrow down more what we are looking for. We want to do it all but know we will enjoy relaxed well organized snippets best! You always miss something!
France 2 moms and 4 teens 10 days
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Macarons!
- 2 ideas for Portugal please
- 3 2 Days in Brussels
- 4 First time in Europe-France and Italy or just France?
- 5 DayTrips from Madrid vs. Overnight
- 6 French rental car advice needed
- 7 I'm Croatian, ask me anything!
- 8 Arc de Triomphe Elevator
- 9 Apartment rental in Dublin
- 10 Spain pre cruise and post cruise stay
- 11 Copies of passports & credit cars
- 12 Bus ride to Positano
- 13 Train from Milano Malpensa DIRECTLY to Bologna Centrale?
- 14 3 and a half days in Helsinki and Tallinn..help with itinerary?
- 15 Trip to Cornwall with senior - logistics assistance please?
- 16 Split to Venice. Help!
- 17 EUROPE IN 5 MONTHS
- 18 Switzerland - Trip for 8 days with 2 kids (5&3)
- 19 Dublin Hotel Choice
- 20 London & Cotswolds Hotels
- 21 Best way to get to Italy from Greece of vice versa
- 22 Paris Apartment for 7 - deciding between 2 choices
- 23 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 24 What Have I Forgotten? Month in Europe Coming Up.
- 25 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report