I am looking for advice on two locations we might enjoy exploring in France this July. Our group includes 2 moms and 4 girls between 11 and 14. We are pretty low key travelers and will have a car. we will have already been in Paris.
We are thinking we would like to explore 2 areas of France spending 4 to 5 nights each place and are wondering what regions people would recommend. We would rather not change locations to frequently. two rentals with day trips would be great.
I was thinking Dorgone---Lascaux II, Sarlat, Rocamadour, Perigigueux and Chateau de Castlenaud
Is it possible to go to Dune de Pilat for a day trip or is it better to be closer to coast? is it interesting
Is it possible to do a beach day as a road trip? Or too far?
Is it better to be North of Aquitane in the Ile de Oleron/La rochelle area if we want to see the coast?
A second region we looked at was Avignon, Nimes, Arles, Gordes. Is this ok for 4-5 days or should we just stick to the East coast and see more of that?
We will be driving from Paris and returning by car to Amsterdam.
Thank you ahead of time for insights and I apologize for my lack of knowledge and inability to narrow down more what we are looking for. We want to do it all but know we will enjoy relaxed well organized snippets best! You always miss something!
France 2 moms and 4 teens 10 days
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Honeymooning in Croatia - 2 weeks in August
- 2 Euro Travel Quiz # 41 - Food for Thought!
- 3 Scottland for a day!
- 4 Amalfi Coast town to stay in?
- 5 Lyon circular road itinerary help please
- 6 Food in the 14th arrondissement
- 7 Help Us Plan Our Trip- Almafi Coast and Sicily
- 8 VIGO, SPAIN
- 9 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 10 Flight cancellation due to weather & student visa
- 11 Looking for some advice for an April Itenerary!
- 12 Cheap NYC currency exchange
- 13 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 14 Paris ComboPass Premium and Hotel location
- 15 Best london location to stay?
- 16 Dolce Far Niente....the sweetness of doing nothing (well almost) in Paris
- 17 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 18 England, Paris itinerary help
- 19 Cinque Terre
- 20 South of France
- 21 Seotember Trip to Greece- 2015
- 22 Summer Family trip ( 2 ads and 2 kids 6 and 7 years old girls)
- 23 Flying the day TATL flight to London - landing late - hotel choices
- 24 Revised Itinerary with 2 kids
- 25 Help me plan an unforgettable London/Paris trip...for my 5 year old