I am looking for advice on two locations we might enjoy exploring in France this July. Our group includes 2 moms and 4 girls between 11 and 14. We are pretty low key travelers and will have a car. we will have already been in Paris.
We are thinking we would like to explore 2 areas of France spending 4 to 5 nights each place and are wondering what regions people would recommend. We would rather not change locations to frequently. two rentals with day trips would be great.
I was thinking Dorgone---Lascaux II, Sarlat, Rocamadour, Perigigueux and Chateau de Castlenaud
Is it possible to go to Dune de Pilat for a day trip or is it better to be closer to coast? is it interesting
Is it possible to do a beach day as a road trip? Or too far?
Is it better to be North of Aquitane in the Ile de Oleron/La rochelle area if we want to see the coast?
A second region we looked at was Avignon, Nimes, Arles, Gordes. Is this ok for 4-5 days or should we just stick to the East coast and see more of that?
We will be driving from Paris and returning by car to Amsterdam.
Thank you ahead of time for insights and I apologize for my lack of knowledge and inability to narrow down more what we are looking for. We want to do it all but know we will enjoy relaxed well organized snippets best! You always miss something!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Purchasing Trenitalia Tickets
- 2 Iceland first time!
- 3 Advice on best area to stay in Barcelona
- 4 Rhine / Mosel Rivers in Germany and Beyond
- 5 Copenhagen - where to go/see
- 6 Almafi Coast Vs. French Riviera
- 7 evening tours of Agrigento in Sicily?
- 8 Which church/churches do you recommend seeing
- 9 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 10 Natinoal parks, which one?
- 11 Amsterdam and beyond
- 12 Amsterdam to Alsace
- 13 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 14 Vaux le Vicomte and Fontainebleau
- 15 Pompei Excursion from Sorrento? What do you think of this estimate?
- 16 Paris Vacation Rentals in 2015
- 17 RTVE article on Spain ATM fees
- 18 A wonderful month in France
- 19 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 20 Austrian Alps
- 21 Yay or Nay to these "front of the line" Vatican tours?
- 22 48 hours in london with kids and stay at premier inn
- 23 Alsace
- 24 Italy- Sicily and the Amalfi coast - travel logistics
- 25 Switzerland Itinerary Help!