I am looking for advice on two locations we might enjoy exploring in France this July. Our group includes 2 moms and 4 girls between 11 and 14. We are pretty low key travelers and will have a car. we will have already been in Paris.
We are thinking we would like to explore 2 areas of France spending 4 to 5 nights each place and are wondering what regions people would recommend. We would rather not change locations to frequently. two rentals with day trips would be great.
I was thinking Dorgone---Lascaux II, Sarlat, Rocamadour, Perigigueux and Chateau de Castlenaud
Is it possible to go to Dune de Pilat for a day trip or is it better to be closer to coast? is it interesting
Is it possible to do a beach day as a road trip? Or too far?
Is it better to be North of Aquitane in the Ile de Oleron/La rochelle area if we want to see the coast?
A second region we looked at was Avignon, Nimes, Arles, Gordes. Is this ok for 4-5 days or should we just stick to the East coast and see more of that?
We will be driving from Paris and returning by car to Amsterdam.
Thank you ahead of time for insights and I apologize for my lack of knowledge and inability to narrow down more what we are looking for. We want to do it all but know we will enjoy relaxed well organized snippets best! You always miss something!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How to enjoy Paris on a low/moderate budget?
- 2 Giverny vs. Versailles
- 3 Holding bags in Paris
- 4 Cost comparison b/w Paris and Switzerland(wengen)
- 5 Stockholm+Copenhagen or Amsterdam + Ghent + Brugge in July
- 6 Your favorite Paris shopping street.
- 7 Barcelona to south of France
- 8 England/Scotland In January questions
- 9 Montpillier Car Rental Return Help
- 10 Nymphenburg Palace in Munich: how much time to allow?
- 11 Trip Help: 3-4 weeks in July
- 12 Two one week bases in Sicily
- 13 Itinerary for 33 days, Portugal-Spain-Morocco, sensible?
- 14 Place to stay in London
- 15 A month in northern Italy: Mountains, Lakes and Castles
- 16 Breakfast by Roman Colosseum Suggestions?
- 17 Reserve train tickets Bern to Wengen if already have BO regional pass?
- 18 Cornwall and Germany
- 19 Edinburgh Questions...
- 20 Thinking of ROME? Really???
- 21 Need Help Planning a 19 day visit to Ireland
- 22 Italy - Sorrento to Rome
- 23 From London to Italy - where to go?
- 24 Trip to France (Provence, Languedoc/Roussillon) - a quick summary
- 25 Fall trip to The Netherlands and Belgium