I am looking for advice on two locations we might enjoy exploring in France this July. Our group includes 2 moms and 4 girls between 11 and 14. We are pretty low key travelers and will have a car. we will have already been in Paris.
We are thinking we would like to explore 2 areas of France spending 4 to 5 nights each place and are wondering what regions people would recommend. We would rather not change locations to frequently. two rentals with day trips would be great.
I was thinking Dorgone---Lascaux II, Sarlat, Rocamadour, Perigigueux and Chateau de Castlenaud
Is it possible to go to Dune de Pilat for a day trip or is it better to be closer to coast? is it interesting
Is it possible to do a beach day as a road trip? Or too far?
Is it better to be North of Aquitane in the Ile de Oleron/La rochelle area if we want to see the coast?
A second region we looked at was Avignon, Nimes, Arles, Gordes. Is this ok for 4-5 days or should we just stick to the East coast and see more of that?
We will be driving from Paris and returning by car to Amsterdam.
Thank you ahead of time for insights and I apologize for my lack of knowledge and inability to narrow down more what we are looking for. We want to do it all but know we will enjoy relaxed well organized snippets best! You always miss something!
France 2 moms and 4 teens 10 days
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 2 Day trips from Seville
- 3 Foie gras, redux
- 4 Oktoberfest reservations
- 5 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 6 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 7 Long Weekend in Lisbon - Loved it!
- 8 Switzerland and Piedmont, Italy itinerary suggestions
- 9 Completely off the beaten track on the Petite Ceinture
- 10 Southern France
- 11 Anniversary Dinner in Paris
- 12 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 13 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 14 What still confounds you about travel?
- 15 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 16 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 17 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 18 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 19 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 20 Train to Airport in Venice
- 21 Golfing in Ireland
- 22 Croatia in August - 2 weeks, 2 kids
- 23 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 24 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 25 Short-stay apartment in Italy -- common practices?