I am looking for advice on two locations we might enjoy exploring in France this July. Our group includes 2 moms and 4 girls between 11 and 14. We are pretty low key travelers and will have a car. we will have already been in Paris.
We are thinking we would like to explore 2 areas of France spending 4 to 5 nights each place and are wondering what regions people would recommend. We would rather not change locations to frequently. two rentals with day trips would be great.
I was thinking Dorgone---Lascaux II, Sarlat, Rocamadour, Perigigueux and Chateau de Castlenaud
Is it possible to go to Dune de Pilat for a day trip or is it better to be closer to coast? is it interesting
Is it possible to do a beach day as a road trip? Or too far?
Is it better to be North of Aquitane in the Ile de Oleron/La rochelle area if we want to see the coast?
A second region we looked at was Avignon, Nimes, Arles, Gordes. Is this ok for 4-5 days or should we just stick to the East coast and see more of that?
We will be driving from Paris and returning by car to Amsterdam.
Thank you ahead of time for insights and I apologize for my lack of knowledge and inability to narrow down more what we are looking for. We want to do it all but know we will enjoy relaxed well organized snippets best! You always miss something!
France 2 moms and 4 teens 10 days
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Copenhagen, Bergen, Stockholm, Estonia and Helsinki Getting Around
- 2 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 3 Home base stay in Italy for vacation
- 4 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 5 Will Italy be busier the week of Labour day-May 01st 2015?
- 6 Thanks to Fodorites for help planning Paris/London trip
- 7 Italy things to do?
- 8 Getting cash in Spain
- 9 Are taxis easily obtained at the train station in Florence?
- 10 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 11 St. Paul's Cathedral bells
- 12 Sirop and Sandwiches, Normandy, Loire and Paris with our grandsons
- 13 5 days in Florence - how would you do it?
- 14 How to do St. Petersburg in 24 or 48 hours with no visa?
- 15 Mozart - Salzburg or Vienna?
- 16 I Go to Pieces — An Italy Trip Report
- 17 Help w/ rental car arrangements-Pickup in Lisbon, Portugal-Drop in Seville?
- 18 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 19 A town in France for a month
- 20 Posting from Siena-ATM emergency! Help needed!
- 21 Saint Malo or Dinan?
- 22 Spend the day in Geneva or go straight to Chamonix?
- 23 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 24 Stay away from EF Tours
- 25 Base for 6 nights between Fussen and Garmisch Partenkirchen?