I am looking for advice on two locations we might enjoy exploring in France this July. Our group includes 2 moms and 4 girls between 11 and 14. We are pretty low key travelers and will have a car. we will have already been in Paris.
We are thinking we would like to explore 2 areas of France spending 4 to 5 nights each place and are wondering what regions people would recommend. We would rather not change locations to frequently. two rentals with day trips would be great.
I was thinking Dorgone---Lascaux II, Sarlat, Rocamadour, Perigigueux and Chateau de Castlenaud
Is it possible to go to Dune de Pilat for a day trip or is it better to be closer to coast? is it interesting
Is it possible to do a beach day as a road trip? Or too far?
Is it better to be North of Aquitane in the Ile de Oleron/La rochelle area if we want to see the coast?
A second region we looked at was Avignon, Nimes, Arles, Gordes. Is this ok for 4-5 days or should we just stick to the East coast and see more of that?
We will be driving from Paris and returning by car to Amsterdam.
Thank you ahead of time for insights and I apologize for my lack of knowledge and inability to narrow down more what we are looking for. We want to do it all but know we will enjoy relaxed well organized snippets best! You always miss something!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Solo Adventure
- 2 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 3 PARIS
- 4 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 5 Where should I go with my family?
- 6 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 7 Stu Tower
- 8 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 9 Trains in Italy
- 10 transportation from Prague to Cesky Krumlov
- 11 Tour or self drive Douro?
- 12 Which Hotel in Rome
- 13 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 14 Luggage questions for train travel in Italy.
- 15 Mid/late November: Tuscany or Andalucia? (1 week)
- 16 First Solo Adventure
- 17 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 18 1st Time to Ireland - what to wear?
- 19 SE ITALY
- 20 Crete Holiday
- 21 Honeymooning in Croatia - 2 weeks in August
- 22 Drive from Piedmont to Malpensa Qs?
- 23 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 24 Montreux Riviera public transport pass
- 25 Alitala