I am looking for advice on two locations we might enjoy exploring in France this July. Our group includes 2 moms and 4 girls between 11 and 14. We are pretty low key travelers and will have a car. we will have already been in Paris.
We are thinking we would like to explore 2 areas of France spending 4 to 5 nights each place and are wondering what regions people would recommend. We would rather not change locations to frequently. two rentals with day trips would be great.
I was thinking Dorgone---Lascaux II, Sarlat, Rocamadour, Perigigueux and Chateau de Castlenaud
Is it possible to go to Dune de Pilat for a day trip or is it better to be closer to coast? is it interesting
Is it possible to do a beach day as a road trip? Or too far?
Is it better to be North of Aquitane in the Ile de Oleron/La rochelle area if we want to see the coast?
A second region we looked at was Avignon, Nimes, Arles, Gordes. Is this ok for 4-5 days or should we just stick to the East coast and see more of that?
We will be driving from Paris and returning by car to Amsterdam.
Thank you ahead of time for insights and I apologize for my lack of knowledge and inability to narrow down more what we are looking for. We want to do it all but know we will enjoy relaxed well organized snippets best! You always miss something!
France 2 moms and 4 teens 10 days
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas Eve and Day in Munich
- 2 Autumn in Paris
- 3 Your Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe?
- 4 Visiting Mostar, Bosnia and Kotor, Montenegro from Croatia
- 5 Cotswold Churches
- 6 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 7 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 8 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy
- 9 Anyone used the new airline La Compagnie
- 10 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 11 How much time in Amsterdam?
- 12 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 13 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 14 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 15 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 16 Ireland: Which region and where to go? (1st timer)
- 17 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 18 London Trip Travel
- 19 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 20 I dream of Europe
- 21 Weekend in Norfolk
- 22 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 23 St Germain
- 24 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 25 Frankfurt airport to Leuven, Belgium by train