I am looking for advice on two locations we might enjoy exploring in France this July. Our group includes 2 moms and 4 girls between 11 and 14. We are pretty low key travelers and will have a car. we will have already been in Paris.
We are thinking we would like to explore 2 areas of France spending 4 to 5 nights each place and are wondering what regions people would recommend. We would rather not change locations to frequently. two rentals with day trips would be great.
I was thinking Dorgone---Lascaux II, Sarlat, Rocamadour, Perigigueux and Chateau de Castlenaud
Is it possible to go to Dune de Pilat for a day trip or is it better to be closer to coast? is it interesting
Is it possible to do a beach day as a road trip? Or too far?
Is it better to be North of Aquitane in the Ile de Oleron/La rochelle area if we want to see the coast?
A second region we looked at was Avignon, Nimes, Arles, Gordes. Is this ok for 4-5 days or should we just stick to the East coast and see more of that?
We will be driving from Paris and returning by car to Amsterdam.
Thank you ahead of time for insights and I apologize for my lack of knowledge and inability to narrow down more what we are looking for. We want to do it all but know we will enjoy relaxed well organized snippets best! You always miss something!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Establishing a Realistic Food Budget
- 2 Private transportation
- 3 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 4 Local nomad apt rentals-can anyone recommend (or not)? Rome
- 5 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 6 Oct vs Nov for Greece
- 7 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 8 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 9 Dublin Ireland Hotel Advice for early June
- 10 Churches of the East Riding of Yorkshire
- 11 Lufth on strike 26-28 nov
- 12 Global Travel Warning...
- 13 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015
- 14 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 15 Paris Under Seige...
- 16 WORLD'S TRUSTED NO. 1 SPELL CASTER+27791897218 PROFESSOR SIPHO
- 17 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 18 Belgian govt terror alert: Avoid malls, concerts & trains
- 19 Highclere Castle(Downton Abbey) tours, UK
- 20 Advices about our itiniary
- 21 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 22 A week in Burgundy
- 23 Scotland itinerary, helm me with15 night itinerary
- 24 Dynamic Currency Conversion is Alive & Well in Paris
- 25 Italy AND Switzerland in 8 days