I am looking for advice on two locations we might enjoy exploring in France this July. Our group includes 2 moms and 4 girls between 11 and 14. We are pretty low key travelers and will have a car. we will have already been in Paris.
We are thinking we would like to explore 2 areas of France spending 4 to 5 nights each place and are wondering what regions people would recommend. We would rather not change locations to frequently. two rentals with day trips would be great.
I was thinking Dorgone---Lascaux II, Sarlat, Rocamadour, Perigigueux and Chateau de Castlenaud
Is it possible to go to Dune de Pilat for a day trip or is it better to be closer to coast? is it interesting
Is it possible to do a beach day as a road trip? Or too far?
Is it better to be North of Aquitane in the Ile de Oleron/La rochelle area if we want to see the coast?
A second region we looked at was Avignon, Nimes, Arles, Gordes. Is this ok for 4-5 days or should we just stick to the East coast and see more of that?
We will be driving from Paris and returning by car to Amsterdam.
Thank you ahead of time for insights and I apologize for my lack of knowledge and inability to narrow down more what we are looking for. We want to do it all but know we will enjoy relaxed well organized snippets best! You always miss something!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 2 Dublin Hotel Recommendations
- 3 How to divide 4 weeks of lakes and mountains with kids in Italy?
- 4 Greece in 15 Days
- 5 Layover at Lisbon and trip to Sintra
- 6 Wine Harvest in Italy 2016 - when?
- 7 Planning Advice!
- 8 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 9 England and Wales by public transport
- 10 Help with itinerary
- 11 Naples or Genoa
- 12 Walking stylish sandals/flats
- 13 Venice to Rome via Pisa in 1 day
- 14 Banks Mansion
- 15 Honeymoon trip to Europe - Would love your recommendations
- 16 Help! American needs to get into Italy after staying >90 days
- 17 Banks Mansion Amsterdam hotel
- 18 Prague Beyond the "Usual"
- 19 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 20 20 free days of Europe
- 21 Bring Europe to My Kitchen. Please.
- 22 BNL machines in Italy
- 23 BNL ATMs
- 24 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 25 *Need help w/Puglia itinerary*