I am looking for advice on two locations we might enjoy exploring in France this July. Our group includes 2 moms and 4 girls between 11 and 14. We are pretty low key travelers and will have a car. we will have already been in Paris.
We are thinking we would like to explore 2 areas of France spending 4 to 5 nights each place and are wondering what regions people would recommend. We would rather not change locations to frequently. two rentals with day trips would be great.
I was thinking Dorgone---Lascaux II, Sarlat, Rocamadour, Perigigueux and Chateau de Castlenaud
Is it possible to go to Dune de Pilat for a day trip or is it better to be closer to coast? is it interesting
Is it possible to do a beach day as a road trip? Or too far?
Is it better to be North of Aquitane in the Ile de Oleron/La rochelle area if we want to see the coast?
A second region we looked at was Avignon, Nimes, Arles, Gordes. Is this ok for 4-5 days or should we just stick to the East coast and see more of that?
We will be driving from Paris and returning by car to Amsterdam.
Thank you ahead of time for insights and I apologize for my lack of knowledge and inability to narrow down more what we are looking for. We want to do it all but know we will enjoy relaxed well organized snippets best! You always miss something!
France 2 moms and 4 teens 10 days
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 2 30 Days in Europe - 29 y/o male
- 3 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 4 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 5 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 6 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 7 Where to stay family of 5 in Rome? Hotel or rental suggestions please!!
- 8 Reims for a day
- 9 Lavender Fields
- 10 Second thoughts about Provence - help!
- 11 Munich
- 12 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 13 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 14 accommodation woes - Sicily
- 15 Toulouse and beyond -
- 16 Hotwire zones in Barcelona & London
- 17 Parking Car in Amsterdam - Need Advice
- 18 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 19 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 20 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 21 museum passes in Rome
- 22 Renting a car in Venice and dropping it off in Rome
- 23 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 24 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 25 Nice Video about Poland