I am looking for advice on two locations we might enjoy exploring in France this July. Our group includes 2 moms and 4 girls between 11 and 14. We are pretty low key travelers and will have a car. we will have already been in Paris.
We are thinking we would like to explore 2 areas of France spending 4 to 5 nights each place and are wondering what regions people would recommend. We would rather not change locations to frequently. two rentals with day trips would be great.
I was thinking Dorgone---Lascaux II, Sarlat, Rocamadour, Perigigueux and Chateau de Castlenaud
Is it possible to go to Dune de Pilat for a day trip or is it better to be closer to coast? is it interesting
Is it possible to do a beach day as a road trip? Or too far?
Is it better to be North of Aquitane in the Ile de Oleron/La rochelle area if we want to see the coast?
A second region we looked at was Avignon, Nimes, Arles, Gordes. Is this ok for 4-5 days or should we just stick to the East coast and see more of that?
We will be driving from Paris and returning by car to Amsterdam.
Thank you ahead of time for insights and I apologize for my lack of knowledge and inability to narrow down more what we are looking for. We want to do it all but know we will enjoy relaxed well organized snippets best! You always miss something!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report:Rome, Florence, Tuscany in December
- 2 Couple of days on the coast in Andalucia
- 3 Flight to London - Discount Airlines?
- 4 Montreux, Interlaken, Lucerne or Lauterbrunnen?
- 5 8 days in switzerland
- 6 Sienna with kids
- 7 Validating train tickets - Germany, Switzwerland
- 8 10 days in Italy - Suggestions?
- 9 Dropping off a rental car in Chiusi question
- 10 Would you give up time in Malaga for more time in Granada?
- 11 2 Weeks Amsterdam, Belgium, Germany, Salzburg
- 12 Paris in July - side trip to South of France
- 13 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 14 Venice to Malpensa: which way to travel?
- 15 Must sees in Malaga
- 16 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 17 motion sickness on air conditioned motor coaches, trains, etc
- 18 Seville in September-La Bienal
- 19 Sankt Goar to Cologne
- 20 Classical Music in Milan
- 21 12 nights in Greek islands
- 22 Croatia, Slovenia, Austria with Preschoolers
- 23 Pera palace hotel Istanbul
- 24 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 25 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon