I am looking for advice on two locations we might enjoy exploring in France this July. Our group includes 2 moms and 4 girls between 11 and 14. We are pretty low key travelers and will have a car. we will have already been in Paris.
We are thinking we would like to explore 2 areas of France spending 4 to 5 nights each place and are wondering what regions people would recommend. We would rather not change locations to frequently. two rentals with day trips would be great.
I was thinking Dorgone---Lascaux II, Sarlat, Rocamadour, Perigigueux and Chateau de Castlenaud
Is it possible to go to Dune de Pilat for a day trip or is it better to be closer to coast? is it interesting
Is it possible to do a beach day as a road trip? Or too far?
Is it better to be North of Aquitane in the Ile de Oleron/La rochelle area if we want to see the coast?
A second region we looked at was Avignon, Nimes, Arles, Gordes. Is this ok for 4-5 days or should we just stick to the East coast and see more of that?
We will be driving from Paris and returning by car to Amsterdam.
Thank you ahead of time for insights and I apologize for my lack of knowledge and inability to narrow down more what we are looking for. We want to do it all but know we will enjoy relaxed well organized snippets best! You always miss something!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland and London 21 days
- 2 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 3 Is there a Limit to time spent at Eiffel Tower
- 4 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 5 8-9 day Paris-Amsterdam-Rome
- 6 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 7 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 8 Preliminary Scotland itinerary late September 2017
- 9 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 10 A new species of Homo Sapien??
- 11 Capri in July
- 12 London Air Pollution Reaches Record Modern Highs...
- 13 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 14 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 15 help with Italy itinerary
- 16 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 17 Seeking advice from Tuscany experts
- 18 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 19 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 20 Driving in Portugal with car rented in Spain
- 21 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 22 8 days in Spain.. mostly Barcelona, where else should we go
- 23 Spain or Portugal for a Beach Vacation?
- 24 Layover, not get on connecting flight
- 25 Barcelona with baby