I am looking for advice on two locations we might enjoy exploring in France this July. Our group includes 2 moms and 4 girls between 11 and 14. We are pretty low key travelers and will have a car. we will have already been in Paris.
We are thinking we would like to explore 2 areas of France spending 4 to 5 nights each place and are wondering what regions people would recommend. We would rather not change locations to frequently. two rentals with day trips would be great.
I was thinking Dorgone---Lascaux II, Sarlat, Rocamadour, Perigigueux and Chateau de Castlenaud
Is it possible to go to Dune de Pilat for a day trip or is it better to be closer to coast? is it interesting
Is it possible to do a beach day as a road trip? Or too far?
Is it better to be North of Aquitane in the Ile de Oleron/La rochelle area if we want to see the coast?
A second region we looked at was Avignon, Nimes, Arles, Gordes. Is this ok for 4-5 days or should we just stick to the East coast and see more of that?
We will be driving from Paris and returning by car to Amsterdam.
Thank you ahead of time for insights and I apologize for my lack of knowledge and inability to narrow down more what we are looking for. We want to do it all but know we will enjoy relaxed well organized snippets best! You always miss something!
France 2 moms and 4 teens 10 days
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 San Sebastian, Spain and where else?!
- 2 Which european city?
- 3 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 4 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 5 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 6 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 7 I lost the thread to respond about th Arles Amphetheatre
- 8 Dordogne or Nantes and La Rochelle
- 9 American Express
- 10 All Set To Go!!
- 11 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 12 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 13 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 14 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 15 Three ferries to Mull
- 16 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 17 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 18 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 19 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 20 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 21 Scotland: North West Highlands: July 2012
- 22 Story of the German Christmas star
- 23 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 24 Airport ATMs
- 25 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??