I am looking for advice on two locations we might enjoy exploring in France this July. Our group includes 2 moms and 4 girls between 11 and 14. We are pretty low key travelers and will have a car. we will have already been in Paris.
We are thinking we would like to explore 2 areas of France spending 4 to 5 nights each place and are wondering what regions people would recommend. We would rather not change locations to frequently. two rentals with day trips would be great.
I was thinking Dorgone---Lascaux II, Sarlat, Rocamadour, Perigigueux and Chateau de Castlenaud
Is it possible to go to Dune de Pilat for a day trip or is it better to be closer to coast? is it interesting
Is it possible to do a beach day as a road trip? Or too far?
Is it better to be North of Aquitane in the Ile de Oleron/La rochelle area if we want to see the coast?
A second region we looked at was Avignon, Nimes, Arles, Gordes. Is this ok for 4-5 days or should we just stick to the East coast and see more of that?
We will be driving from Paris and returning by car to Amsterdam.
Thank you ahead of time for insights and I apologize for my lack of knowledge and inability to narrow down more what we are looking for. We want to do it all but know we will enjoy relaxed well organized snippets best! You always miss something!
France 2 moms and 4 teens 10 days
- 1 EU Rule On Olive Oil Roils Europe!
- 2 Iwan2go went...to Prague, Salzburg, Vienna and Paris
- 3 How to make a phone call from a pay phone in London to Germany
- 4 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 5 10 days in Andalusia in Feb 2014 - best home base
- 6 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 7 Which tour company would be best?
- 8 Stay and Visit Italy/Amalfi and Grand Hotel Ischia Lido - Ischia
- 9 I am Planning about to spend holidays at Windermere
- 10 Northern Italy
- 11 May 24, 2013. How to avoid lines in Paris, and other observations
- 12 Spain and Portugal Itinerary 2 Week Vacation Help
- 13 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels
- 14 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 15 Sights to see, places to stop in drive from Edinburgh to London
- 16 Hotel question...first time to Paris!
- 17 France by rail or car?
- 18 Best castle for 7 and 9 year old boys
- 19 Hotels in Sorrento
- 20 Hair cuts in Florence
- 21 private tour from cruise port in Naples
- 22 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 23 Looking for Paris apartment for honeymoon
- 24 Airport shuttle from CDG to Paris
- 25 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy