I am looking for advice on two locations we might enjoy exploring in France this July. Our group includes 2 moms and 4 girls between 11 and 14. We are pretty low key travelers and will have a car. we will have already been in Paris.
We are thinking we would like to explore 2 areas of France spending 4 to 5 nights each place and are wondering what regions people would recommend. We would rather not change locations to frequently. two rentals with day trips would be great.
I was thinking Dorgone---Lascaux II, Sarlat, Rocamadour, Perigigueux and Chateau de Castlenaud
Is it possible to go to Dune de Pilat for a day trip or is it better to be closer to coast? is it interesting
Is it possible to do a beach day as a road trip? Or too far?
Is it better to be North of Aquitane in the Ile de Oleron/La rochelle area if we want to see the coast?
A second region we looked at was Avignon, Nimes, Arles, Gordes. Is this ok for 4-5 days or should we just stick to the East coast and see more of that?
We will be driving from Paris and returning by car to Amsterdam.
Thank you ahead of time for insights and I apologize for my lack of knowledge and inability to narrow down more what we are looking for. We want to do it all but know we will enjoy relaxed well organized snippets best! You always miss something!
France 2 moms and 4 teens 10 days
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 moderate price lodging in the Schliersee/Bavarian Alps area
- 2 How to experience the Champagne region during a 12 days trip to París.
- 3 Photo Safari to the south of France, the Italian Rivera and the Swiss Alps
- 4 Ireland with Kids in March - itinerary help
- 5 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 6 Basel Customs - Forgotten Pasport: photocopy suffice?
- 7 From Dingle to Dublin?
- 8 Thinking of visiting Iceland in May (1st May - 10th May)
- 9 Greece with 10yr old who wants to re-live Greek mythology
- 10 Madrid...where for evening stroll on first night?
- 11 Paris/ France Cheapest way to get from the airport to the Dupleix Station
- 12 2000 years, 2 countries, 2 passports: Rome & Madrid, Jan. 2015
- 13 European Quiz # 66 Monday
- 14 Scandinavian Tour
- 15 Greek Pelion....Homebase? Nice Accommodation?
- 16 Ireland Cell Phones
- 17 Norway in June with parents.
- 18 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 19 proposed two week Greece itinerary
- 20 Wedding in Italy
- 21 Questions about Rome, Venice, Florence, Positano and Paris
- 22 September Trip to Normandy/Brittany/Paris
- 23 Getting to London Gatwick or London Luton Airports from Heathrow?
- 24 Greece ferries/speed boats?
- 25 Visiting Anne Frank House