I am looking for advice on two locations we might enjoy exploring in France this July. Our group includes 2 moms and 4 girls between 11 and 14. We are pretty low key travelers and will have a car. we will have already been in Paris.
We are thinking we would like to explore 2 areas of France spending 4 to 5 nights each place and are wondering what regions people would recommend. We would rather not change locations to frequently. two rentals with day trips would be great.
I was thinking Dorgone---Lascaux II, Sarlat, Rocamadour, Perigigueux and Chateau de Castlenaud
Is it possible to go to Dune de Pilat for a day trip or is it better to be closer to coast? is it interesting
Is it possible to do a beach day as a road trip? Or too far?
Is it better to be North of Aquitane in the Ile de Oleron/La rochelle area if we want to see the coast?
A second region we looked at was Avignon, Nimes, Arles, Gordes. Is this ok for 4-5 days or should we just stick to the East coast and see more of that?
We will be driving from Paris and returning by car to Amsterdam.
Thank you ahead of time for insights and I apologize for my lack of knowledge and inability to narrow down more what we are looking for. We want to do it all but know we will enjoy relaxed well organized snippets best! You always miss something!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 French immersion courses in France
- 2 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 3 Puglia or La Langhe
- 4 Swiss trains/Basel to Zurich
- 5 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 6 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 7 Visiting Spain in January
- 8 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 9 Portugal itinerary help
- 10 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 11 Europe in late January
- 12 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 13 Need help with train service Bologna, Rimini, Rome
- 14 English Countryside
- 15 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 16 Paris---baguette question???
- 17 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 18 Scenic Driving Routes
- 19 Berlin
- 20 First Time Europe Itinerary 8 Weeks
- 21 1-Day Drive: Ballyvaughan to Dublin, which of these 3 routes?
- 22 Europe in the Winter for a week
- 23 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?
- 24 Pyrenees 10-Day Driving Itinerary
- 25 Puglia & Matera in photos