I am looking for advice on two locations we might enjoy exploring in France this July. Our group includes 2 moms and 4 girls between 11 and 14. We are pretty low key travelers and will have a car. we will have already been in Paris.
We are thinking we would like to explore 2 areas of France spending 4 to 5 nights each place and are wondering what regions people would recommend. We would rather not change locations to frequently. two rentals with day trips would be great.
I was thinking Dorgone---Lascaux II, Sarlat, Rocamadour, Perigigueux and Chateau de Castlenaud
Is it possible to go to Dune de Pilat for a day trip or is it better to be closer to coast? is it interesting
Is it possible to do a beach day as a road trip? Or too far?
Is it better to be North of Aquitane in the Ile de Oleron/La rochelle area if we want to see the coast?
A second region we looked at was Avignon, Nimes, Arles, Gordes. Is this ok for 4-5 days or should we just stick to the East coast and see more of that?
We will be driving from Paris and returning by car to Amsterdam.
Thank you ahead of time for insights and I apologize for my lack of knowledge and inability to narrow down more what we are looking for. We want to do it all but know we will enjoy relaxed well organized snippets best! You always miss something!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My Worst Experience During My Holiday In Europe
- 2 Croatia - advice on where to stay in Plitvice Lakes
- 3 Portugal and Spain
- 4 Italy in August with kids
- 5 Pre-booking train travel in Spain
- 6 Itenerary Opinion
- 7 Walking stylish sandals/flats
- 8 Itin help: 14-15 days in Bavaria, Austria, possibly Croatia and Prague
- 9 Lack of diversity? Venice/Florence/Rome
- 10 Day Trip from Geneva - Need Advice
- 11 2 weeks Northern Italy Itinerary Suggestion
- 12 A road trip to Florence
- 13 Barcelona San Pau Apartment
- 14 Healthy eating in Rome
- 15 Parking in Alhambra for two days
- 16 Madrid to Paris by car in January 2016
- 17 "Free" walking tours--what to tip guide
- 18 reputable apartment rental in Rome and Venice?
- 19 For anyone in London on Wednesday 27 May - State Ooening of Parliament
- 20 French Prem Train Fares
- 21 Study Abroad in Barcelona or Urbino
- 22 A Beautiful Visit to Emilia-Romagna
- 23 10 Days trip to Europe
- 24 Stresa: Do I Need A Car?
- 25 Euro Quiz # 103 - Rivers!