I am looking for advice on two locations we might enjoy exploring in France this July. Our group includes 2 moms and 4 girls between 11 and 14. We are pretty low key travelers and will have a car. we will have already been in Paris.
We are thinking we would like to explore 2 areas of France spending 4 to 5 nights each place and are wondering what regions people would recommend. We would rather not change locations to frequently. two rentals with day trips would be great.
I was thinking Dorgone---Lascaux II, Sarlat, Rocamadour, Perigigueux and Chateau de Castlenaud
Is it possible to go to Dune de Pilat for a day trip or is it better to be closer to coast? is it interesting
Is it possible to do a beach day as a road trip? Or too far?
Is it better to be North of Aquitane in the Ile de Oleron/La rochelle area if we want to see the coast?
A second region we looked at was Avignon, Nimes, Arles, Gordes. Is this ok for 4-5 days or should we just stick to the East coast and see more of that?
We will be driving from Paris and returning by car to Amsterdam.
Thank you ahead of time for insights and I apologize for my lack of knowledge and inability to narrow down more what we are looking for. We want to do it all but know we will enjoy relaxed well organized snippets best! You always miss something!
France 2 moms and 4 teens 10 days
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 2 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 3 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 4 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 5 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 6 Hotel in Venice
- 7 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 8 Looking for recommendations for trip insurance
- 9 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 10 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014
- 11 Airfare for summer travel to Europe
- 12 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 13 Europe in 21 days
- 14 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 15 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 16 Question re. ToT Montserrat Ticket for day trip
- 17 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 18 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 19 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 20 Spain Questions
- 21 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 22 Avignon to London?
- 23 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 24 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 25 Ireland with a Northern Twist