I am looking for advice on two locations we might enjoy exploring in France this July. Our group includes 2 moms and 4 girls between 11 and 14. We are pretty low key travelers and will have a car. we will have already been in Paris.
We are thinking we would like to explore 2 areas of France spending 4 to 5 nights each place and are wondering what regions people would recommend. We would rather not change locations to frequently. two rentals with day trips would be great.
I was thinking Dorgone---Lascaux II, Sarlat, Rocamadour, Perigigueux and Chateau de Castlenaud
Is it possible to go to Dune de Pilat for a day trip or is it better to be closer to coast? is it interesting
Is it possible to do a beach day as a road trip? Or too far?
Is it better to be North of Aquitane in the Ile de Oleron/La rochelle area if we want to see the coast?
A second region we looked at was Avignon, Nimes, Arles, Gordes. Is this ok for 4-5 days or should we just stick to the East coast and see more of that?
We will be driving from Paris and returning by car to Amsterdam.
Thank you ahead of time for insights and I apologize for my lack of knowledge and inability to narrow down more what we are looking for. We want to do it all but know we will enjoy relaxed well organized snippets best! You always miss something!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London: Battle of the badges
- 2 Germany train/bus question
- 3 Flying into Dublin have 10 days to explore Europe
- 4 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 5 Need help in travel planning
- 6 Non Prescription Male Enhancement Pills
- 7 Provence and/or Sicily in June?
- 8 Wengen vs Grindelwald
- 9 Based in Reykjavik for 8 nights, but I want to see further out??
- 10 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 11 Paris lunch on the cheap / restos pas tres cher
- 12 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 13 Train from Budapest to Bratislava or Brno
- 14 Where in Tuscany to base ourselves for a week?
- 15 Driving in Austria, Switzerland and Italy - vignette and toll questions
- 16 http://greentheorygarcinia.com/multiplex-garcinia/
- 17 RHK's Fall escape
- 18 Krakow or Warsaw?
- 19 Eastern Europe in Winter with Toddler
- 20 Buying tablecloth in Paris for wedding gift?
- 21 Rome/Bologna Itinerary
- 22 Does anyone know first hand of a private driver in Rome
- 23 comment on my croatia itinerary please!
- 24 Can you comment on my itinerary?
- 25 Anyone visiting Ireland