I am looking for advice on two locations we might enjoy exploring in France this July. Our group includes 2 moms and 4 girls between 11 and 14. We are pretty low key travelers and will have a car. we will have already been in Paris.
We are thinking we would like to explore 2 areas of France spending 4 to 5 nights each place and are wondering what regions people would recommend. We would rather not change locations to frequently. two rentals with day trips would be great.
I was thinking Dorgone---Lascaux II, Sarlat, Rocamadour, Perigigueux and Chateau de Castlenaud
Is it possible to go to Dune de Pilat for a day trip or is it better to be closer to coast? is it interesting
Is it possible to do a beach day as a road trip? Or too far?
Is it better to be North of Aquitane in the Ile de Oleron/La rochelle area if we want to see the coast?
A second region we looked at was Avignon, Nimes, Arles, Gordes. Is this ok for 4-5 days or should we just stick to the East coast and see more of that?
We will be driving from Paris and returning by car to Amsterdam.
Thank you ahead of time for insights and I apologize for my lack of knowledge and inability to narrow down more what we are looking for. We want to do it all but know we will enjoy relaxed well organized snippets best! You always miss something!
France 2 moms and 4 teens 10 days
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice Itinerary Help, Please
- 2 Europe in December for 10 days
- 3 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 4 2 Week Honeymoon France, Italy, Spain, Greece, Rome
- 5 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 6 Provence in April, 2014, Part 2
- 7 Four weeks driving thru Italy October 2014
- 8 Southern Spain - What to SEE, what to BUY - what NOT to miss
- 9 Italy..Tuscany Cinque Terre or Amalfi & Calabria Scilily
- 10 10-Hr Auto Tour o Lisbon,Portugal
- 11 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 12 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 13 Tour Belgium, the Netherlands and Switzerland On Line (Video + Stills)
- 14 Car travel within Regensburg during the Christmas season
- 15 Help with Italy itinerary (18 days: Rome, Umbria, Puglia, Amalfi?)
- 16 Amsterdam, Antwerp, Bruges over New Years
- 17 Best neighborhood for Rome?
- 18 Lucerne Switzerland
- 19 Tipping in the UK
- 20 A taste of Norway: Bergen and the fjords for four day
- 21 at what point should one get health insurance
- 22 Only 2+ hours for Schonbrunn Palace...timing question
- 23 Italy Travelogue, part I (Rome)
- 24 PLEASE HELP! Study Abroad either Rome or London for Journalism/PR Major
- 25 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.