I am looking for advice on two locations we might enjoy exploring in France this July. Our group includes 2 moms and 4 girls between 11 and 14. We are pretty low key travelers and will have a car. we will have already been in Paris.
We are thinking we would like to explore 2 areas of France spending 4 to 5 nights each place and are wondering what regions people would recommend. We would rather not change locations to frequently. two rentals with day trips would be great.
I was thinking Dorgone---Lascaux II, Sarlat, Rocamadour, Perigigueux and Chateau de Castlenaud
Is it possible to go to Dune de Pilat for a day trip or is it better to be closer to coast? is it interesting
Is it possible to do a beach day as a road trip? Or too far?
Is it better to be North of Aquitane in the Ile de Oleron/La rochelle area if we want to see the coast?
A second region we looked at was Avignon, Nimes, Arles, Gordes. Is this ok for 4-5 days or should we just stick to the East coast and see more of that?
We will be driving from Paris and returning by car to Amsterdam.
Thank you ahead of time for insights and I apologize for my lack of knowledge and inability to narrow down more what we are looking for. We want to do it all but know we will enjoy relaxed well organized snippets best! You always miss something!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Moldova and Transnistria
- 2 The DCC scam is spreading
- 3 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 4 Travel from Barcelona to Dordogne
- 5 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 6 Places to visit from Zurich
- 7 Loire Valley restaurants
- 8 Rome Water Shortage
- 9 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 10 Justairports.com or Heathrow Express?
- 11 Appenzell in December?
- 12 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 13 Valencia Spain
- 14 Driving in Italy
- 15 Advise for driving from Lecce, to Pescara, Italy.
- 16 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria
- 17 Day Trips from Granada
- 18 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 19 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 20 Christmas in Spain
- 21 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 22 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 23 Visiting Zurich
- 24 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 25 Update on Bob the Navigator