I am looking for advice on two locations we might enjoy exploring in France this July. Our group includes 2 moms and 4 girls between 11 and 14. We are pretty low key travelers and will have a car. we will have already been in Paris.
We are thinking we would like to explore 2 areas of France spending 4 to 5 nights each place and are wondering what regions people would recommend. We would rather not change locations to frequently. two rentals with day trips would be great.
I was thinking Dorgone---Lascaux II, Sarlat, Rocamadour, Perigigueux and Chateau de Castlenaud
Is it possible to go to Dune de Pilat for a day trip or is it better to be closer to coast? is it interesting
Is it possible to do a beach day as a road trip? Or too far?
Is it better to be North of Aquitane in the Ile de Oleron/La rochelle area if we want to see the coast?
A second region we looked at was Avignon, Nimes, Arles, Gordes. Is this ok for 4-5 days or should we just stick to the East coast and see more of that?
We will be driving from Paris and returning by car to Amsterdam.
Thank you ahead of time for insights and I apologize for my lack of knowledge and inability to narrow down more what we are looking for. We want to do it all but know we will enjoy relaxed well organized snippets best! You always miss something!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train travel in Europe
- 2 renting a car in Spain and driving to Portugal
- 3 tuscany/florence tour
- 4 Suggestions for an arrival day itinerary in Venice- with jetlagged kids
- 5 Sicily: Day trips from Palermo to Erice, Segesta and Cefalu
- 6 Day Trip to Sorrento - Help!
- 7 Q re Capital One Venture Rewards Card
- 8 Alone in Paris
- 9 Lechazo in Castilla; Burgos; Extebarri; Getaria; SS (??)
- 10 Malaga and the lost wallet
- 11 TR: Solo in DUBLIN for BLOOMSDAY, an Irish literary odyssey
- 12 What to do in Dublin/ Waterford in 1 day
- 13 seeking advice for Turkey trip in November
- 14 In Pursuit of Vikings, Fjords and Cooler Weather, thursdaysd Goes North
- 15 15 hour layover in London with children, should we leave the airport?
- 16 Athens or Istanbul in Nov'15 Solo female traveller
- 17 Suggested form of transportation between destinations
- 18 Traveling between Madrid and Barcelona
- 19 9-10 days in portugal - may 2016
- 20 Suggested transportation between destinations
- 21 Would love input on France Itinerary: Paris, Avignon & Annecy with kids
- 22 Clown wants to do some street performing in Europe
- 23 first time to Europe: London Paris & ?
- 24 Iceland Sept itinerary
- 25 Help with itineray to Madrid-Seville-Granada