I am looking for advice on two locations we might enjoy exploring in France this July. Our group includes 2 moms and 4 girls between 11 and 14. We are pretty low key travelers and will have a car. we will have already been in Paris.
We are thinking we would like to explore 2 areas of France spending 4 to 5 nights each place and are wondering what regions people would recommend. We would rather not change locations to frequently. two rentals with day trips would be great.
I was thinking Dorgone---Lascaux II, Sarlat, Rocamadour, Perigigueux and Chateau de Castlenaud
Is it possible to go to Dune de Pilat for a day trip or is it better to be closer to coast? is it interesting
Is it possible to do a beach day as a road trip? Or too far?
Is it better to be North of Aquitane in the Ile de Oleron/La rochelle area if we want to see the coast?
A second region we looked at was Avignon, Nimes, Arles, Gordes. Is this ok for 4-5 days or should we just stick to the East coast and see more of that?
We will be driving from Paris and returning by car to Amsterdam.
Thank you ahead of time for insights and I apologize for my lack of knowledge and inability to narrow down more what we are looking for. We want to do it all but know we will enjoy relaxed well organized snippets best! You always miss something!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for Tour in Italy
- 2 Dordogne day trips by boat - options?
- 3 Things I Learned in 3 Weeks in southern Ireland
- 4 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 5 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 6 Amalfi coast
- 7 anyone use 'NO JET LAG' ?
- 8 Ideas for travel (hiking) in Northern Italy
- 9 Rail pass question
- 10 Where to eat Paella in Valencia?
- 11 Dublin Hotel Advice & Construction
- 12 12 days europe
- 13 Zynev is Scam? READ Before Try It
- 14 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 15 If you had four months...
- 16 Trip Report: a Douro river cruise and Porto
- 17 Day Trips out of Portland, Dorset
- 18 What countries to visit in Europe (50 days) for teenagers
- 19 GD Designs Rochdale Reviews (30)
- 20 Convents in Venice
- 21 cell phone companys
- 22 Itinerary Help B&Bs
- 23 The annual Ganesha procession in Paris
- 24 Toddler stroller - Yes or No for Switzerland trip?
- 25 3 days to spend in europe