I see that there are four UNESCO sites in or fairly close to Barcelona.
Palau de la Música Catalana and Hospital de Sant Pau (right in Barcelona)
Gaudi properties also in Barcelona
Tarragona looks like it is easy to reach by train.
Poblet Monastery looks to be a bit further afield but also reachable by public transport. I don't plan to have a car in Spain.
Any tips for any of the above? Should I visit Tarragona/Poblet Monastery solo/by train, or would you recommend a guide?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 2 5 nights in Granada and Malaga - what combo?
- 3 First trip to Paris! (and Amsterdam)
- 4 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 5 Advice needed re CDW for car rental in Ireland/N. Ireland
- 6 hotels in Reyjkavik
- 7 Greek Islands - Should we rent a car on Mykonos and Santorini?
- 8 Parentheses in France Phone Nos...will iPhone dial appropriately?
- 9 Hotel Booking Discount!
- 10 TER ticket bought online -- good all day?
- 11 Amsterdam Train Help Please!
- 12 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 13 Looking for recommendation for lodging in NAXOS, GREECE
- 14 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 15 Scotland itinerary advice
- 16 When to purchase high speed train tickets?
- 17 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 18 Children's seat on Nextbike in Wachau Valley?
- 19 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 20 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 21 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 22 Help Planning Honeymoon
- 23 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento-which town?
- 24 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 25 Fabric Shops in Paris