I see that there are four UNESCO sites in or fairly close to Barcelona.
Palau de la Música Catalana and Hospital de Sant Pau (right in Barcelona)
Gaudi properties also in Barcelona
Tarragona looks like it is easy to reach by train.
Poblet Monastery looks to be a bit further afield but also reachable by public transport. I don't plan to have a car in Spain.
Any tips for any of the above? Should I visit Tarragona/Poblet Monastery solo/by train, or would you recommend a guide?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 2 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 3 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 4 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 5 Another tipping question: concierges
- 6 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 7 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 8 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 9 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 10 Acropolis Athens
- 11 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 12 Buying iDTGV tickets at a station
- 13 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 14 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 15 Private Tour from Malaga to Seville
- 16 Is Eiffel tower closed from 25-31 Dec?
- 17 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 18 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 19 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 20 Trip Ideas
- 21 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 22 IRELAND Magical Time-lapse Mediation of County Kerry Ireland
- 23 Madrid and Granada in Jan
- 24 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 25 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?