My fiance and I will be in Burgundy next June (2011) for four nights - it will be our first time in France (we'll follow it with a week in Paris). Can anyone suggest or recommend:
-places to stay (either towns or specific hotels/B+Bs)
-towns that we should visit
-vineyards, wineries, or other sites to see
We'll be there for three full days and have a car for two of them, so ideally we'd stay in a town that's large enough to explore for a day (Beaune, Dijon, others?). Price range for a hotel isn't super high ($100-150/night, if possible). We're interested in seeing a mix of things while there - beautiful scenery, good food/wine, and some history as well.
Thanks for the advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 2 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 3 Moldova and Transnistria
- 4 Best Date for Vatican Museums?
- 5 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 6 4 Nights Sevilla/Cordoba in Nov; How to split up
- 7 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 8 Paris to Switzerland to Venice in 2 weeks?
- 9 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 10 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 11 Whistle stop family road trip
- 12 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 13 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 14 Scotland itinerary advice
- 15 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 16 Paris experts- hotel near train ?
- 17 Night Bus?
- 18 5 nights in Granada and Malaga - what combo?
- 19 Parentheses in France Phone Nos...will iPhone dial appropriately?
- 20 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 21 2 Weeks in France: Rouen, Normandy, Dordogne and the Loire Valley
- 22 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 23 Suggestions for fall trip to Brittany
- 24 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento-which town?
- 25 Help with tips in UK