My fiance and I will be in Burgundy next June (2011) for four nights - it will be our first time in France (we'll follow it with a week in Paris). Can anyone suggest or recommend:
-places to stay (either towns or specific hotels/B+Bs)
-towns that we should visit
-vineyards, wineries, or other sites to see
We'll be there for three full days and have a car for two of them, so ideally we'd stay in a town that's large enough to explore for a day (Beaune, Dijon, others?). Price range for a hotel isn't super high ($100-150/night, if possible). We're interested in seeing a mix of things while there - beautiful scenery, good food/wine, and some history as well.
Thanks for the advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to from Verona
- 2 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 3 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 4 Cyprus or Turkey for a beach holiday?
- 5 I'm moving to Italy...one way or another
- 6 Munich, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest
- 7 Ravenna Mosaics
- 8 What do you trust more: Booking or Tripadvisor?
- 9 Rioja - Where to Stay the Night?
- 10 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 11 Dinan or Avranches to visit Le Mont St. Michel?
- 12 Amalfi Coast or the Lakes and where to fit in France?
- 13 Shopping: and how to bring it back with you? Spain/Basque/France
- 14 FlamencoTickets.com reliable site?
- 15 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 16 Greece Itinerary
- 17 15 days trip to Europe
- 18 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 19 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 20 Cinque Terre trail closures?
- 21 Amsterdam, Germany
- 22 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid
- 23 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 24 European Travel in March
- 25 Scotland Highlands Help