My fiance and I will be in Burgundy next June (2011) for four nights - it will be our first time in France (we'll follow it with a week in Paris). Can anyone suggest or recommend:
-places to stay (either towns or specific hotels/B+Bs)
-towns that we should visit
-vineyards, wineries, or other sites to see
We'll be there for three full days and have a car for two of them, so ideally we'd stay in a town that's large enough to explore for a day (Beaune, Dijon, others?). Price range for a hotel isn't super high ($100-150/night, if possible). We're interested in seeing a mix of things while there - beautiful scenery, good food/wine, and some history as well.
Thanks for the advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 2 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 3 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 4 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 5 sfo to europe
- 6 Troyes or Colmar around Christmas?
- 7 A Walk in Tuscany, New Places to Discover, & A Life Time of memories
- 8 Paris, France
- 9 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 10 First Day: Cashel or Kilkenny?
- 11 What one thing in Paris?
- 12 Suggestions for base in the Var
- 13 3 week stay in Scotland
- 14 3 seniors to do Scotland
- 15 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 16 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 17 Rue des Rosiers
- 18 Help with final 6 days of Norway itinerary
- 19 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 20 Interested in Icelandic cuisine?
- 21 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 22 Help with Scotland itinerary
- 23 Take your time to see San Gimignano
- 24 Italy museum tickets
- 25 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!