My fiance and I will be in Burgundy next June (2011) for four nights - it will be our first time in France (we'll follow it with a week in Paris). Can anyone suggest or recommend:
-places to stay (either towns or specific hotels/B+Bs)
-towns that we should visit
-vineyards, wineries, or other sites to see
We'll be there for three full days and have a car for two of them, so ideally we'd stay in a town that's large enough to explore for a day (Beaune, Dijon, others?). Price range for a hotel isn't super high ($100-150/night, if possible). We're interested in seeing a mix of things while there - beautiful scenery, good food/wine, and some history as well.
Thanks for the advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 2 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 3 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 4 Safety in Rome
- 5 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 6 Athens Help
- 7 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 8 Apartment Montreux area
- 9 Europe First Timers
- 10 1st Time to Ireland - what to wear?
- 11 Crete Holiday
- 12 3 days in Spain - help where?!
- 13 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 14 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 15 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 16 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 17 Greek Village
- 18 One free day in Barcelona
- 19 Uber vs. TfL
- 20 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 21 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 22 base in brussels
- 23 Rome or Venice first
- 24 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 25 Berlin