Just finishing up the plans for our italy trip in July and all we have left is figuring out the tuscany portion.
We will be in florence for a week (we have a wedding there) and will leave on the sunday july 8th. I have a room booked in siena at palazzo ravizza for the 10th and 12th but not sure what to do about the 8th and 9th.
Is this an ok idea.. train to pisa on the 8th, stay over night. Get up and rent a car and drive to san gimignano (tour it and volterra) spend the night, get up and drive to siena (one day there and then one day likely doing a wine tour around montalcino) then continue our drive down to sorrento on the 12th.
Am I missing anything. I know right away most of you will say we should stay in one place so i guess the other option would be to train from florence to siena right away and stay there all four nights?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 2 Apartment Review - Amsterdam
- 3 London's Must Sights!
- 4 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 5 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 6 First trip to Italy
- 7 England and Wales by public transport
- 8 Vienna or Budapest?
- 9 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 10 Ireland & Scotland
- 11 Scenic Driving Routes
- 12 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 13 Hotel Bonaparte, Paris
- 14 Andalucia in December
- 15 Hotels in Dubruvnick
- 16 Budapest Hotels
- 17 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 18 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 19 10 days Ireland June 30-July 11th, 2017
- 20 Planning 20th anniversary 1st trip to Italy Feb 2017.
- 21 Poland & Ukraine Summer 2017
- 22 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 23 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 24 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 25 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!