Just finishing up the plans for our italy trip in July and all we have left is figuring out the tuscany portion.
We will be in florence for a week (we have a wedding there) and will leave on the sunday july 8th. I have a room booked in siena at palazzo ravizza for the 10th and 12th but not sure what to do about the 8th and 9th.
Is this an ok idea.. train to pisa on the 8th, stay over night. Get up and rent a car and drive to san gimignano (tour it and volterra) spend the night, get up and drive to siena (one day there and then one day likely doing a wine tour around montalcino) then continue our drive down to sorrento on the 12th.
Am I missing anything. I know right away most of you will say we should stay in one place so i guess the other option would be to train from florence to siena right away and stay there all four nights?
four days in tuscany .. skip pisa?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Eiffel tower tickets
- 2 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 3 Rome---August and September
- 4 Why go further, Manchester Christmas Markets back soon.
- 5 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 6 Venice Banning Fodors
- 7 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 8 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input
- 9 There's no Place Like London: Part 1
- 10 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 11 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 12 4-6 weeks
- 13 Difference in price between Lufthansa and United
- 14 France, Italy and Greec
- 15 2 week trip - Amsterdam - Berlin - Munich -Prague
- 16 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 17 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 18 South of France November Trip Report
- 19 handel's messiah, new year's, paris
- 20 Clearsky Holidays
- 21 Zurich to Basel transfer
- 22 Suggestions for too many days in Milan
- 23 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 24 Luggage sizing
- 25 Living like a local (sort of) in London