Just finishing up the plans for our italy trip in July and all we have left is figuring out the tuscany portion.
We will be in florence for a week (we have a wedding there) and will leave on the sunday july 8th. I have a room booked in siena at palazzo ravizza for the 10th and 12th but not sure what to do about the 8th and 9th.
Is this an ok idea.. train to pisa on the 8th, stay over night. Get up and rent a car and drive to san gimignano (tour it and volterra) spend the night, get up and drive to siena (one day there and then one day likely doing a wine tour around montalcino) then continue our drive down to sorrento on the 12th.
Am I missing anything. I know right away most of you will say we should stay in one place so i guess the other option would be to train from florence to siena right away and stay there all four nights?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 2 Murren to Prague
- 3 Rome Bus Routes - a list
- 4 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 5 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 6 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 7 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 8 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 9 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 10 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 11 10 days in Italy with 5 and 10 year olds in July
- 12 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 13 Le Marche Research Help
- 14 Firt time VISA applicant
- 15 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 16 Need Information about French Alps
- 17 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 18 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 19 France Itinerary Advice
- 20 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 21 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 22 Any good apps for Amsterdam?
- 23 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 24 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 25 DECORATED FARMHOUSES OF HÄLSINGLAND IN SWEDEN