Just finishing up the plans for our italy trip in July and all we have left is figuring out the tuscany portion.
We will be in florence for a week (we have a wedding there) and will leave on the sunday july 8th. I have a room booked in siena at palazzo ravizza for the 10th and 12th but not sure what to do about the 8th and 9th.
Is this an ok idea.. train to pisa on the 8th, stay over night. Get up and rent a car and drive to san gimignano (tour it and volterra) spend the night, get up and drive to siena (one day there and then one day likely doing a wine tour around montalcino) then continue our drive down to sorrento on the 12th.
Am I missing anything. I know right away most of you will say we should stay in one place so i guess the other option would be to train from florence to siena right away and stay there all four nights?
four days in tuscany .. skip pisa?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best beach town in Italy?
- 2 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 3 Rome Italy air and land tour packages
- 4 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 5 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 6 Need Advice: 9 Days in Portugal in March
- 7 A Greek sojourn
- 8 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 9 Bollywood in Berlin -- with English subs
- 10 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 11 Rome Underground Sites to Visit - Any Suggestions?
- 12 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 13 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 14 Is Venice really dirty?
- 15 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 16 Weekend in Norfolk
- 17 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 18 Micro trip report - a few days in Scotland
- 19 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 20 Autumn in Paris
- 21 Pisa/Lucca Day Trip
- 22 Burgundy in May
- 23 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 24 Germany: From the Mosel to Munich - A Detailed Trip Report
- 25 Where to stay in Tuscany with a 5 year old