Just finishing up the plans for our italy trip in July and all we have left is figuring out the tuscany portion.
We will be in florence for a week (we have a wedding there) and will leave on the sunday july 8th. I have a room booked in siena at palazzo ravizza for the 10th and 12th but not sure what to do about the 8th and 9th.
Is this an ok idea.. train to pisa on the 8th, stay over night. Get up and rent a car and drive to san gimignano (tour it and volterra) spend the night, get up and drive to siena (one day there and then one day likely doing a wine tour around montalcino) then continue our drive down to sorrento on the 12th.
Am I missing anything. I know right away most of you will say we should stay in one place so i guess the other option would be to train from florence to siena right away and stay there all four nights?
four days in tuscany .. skip pisa?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Melissa5 in SWITZERLAND: A Riot of Wildflowers - Berner Oberland June 2010
- 2 How Well-Traveled Are You?
- 3 Spain 6 weeks itinerary help
- 4 2 Nights in the Pyrenees: Driving Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 5 Honeymoon - skiing in Switzerland and Austria
- 6 proposed two week Greece itinerary
- 7 Vienna and Prague or Venice/Sienna/Rome for honeymoon?
- 8 Greek Pelion....Homebase? Nice Accommodation?
- 9 London - Bar or Club to hear Live Soul/R&B Music
- 10 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 11 10-12 nights in Switzerland and France
- 12 What happens to check in bag if I leave country in transit (Germany)
- 13 Bath Hotel - MacDonald Bath Spa or Francis Hotel
- 14 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 15 Mâché aux Puces from Garibaldi metro
- 16 Possible Italy and Paris Itinerary - any thoughts?
- 17 Liverpool to London
- 18 The Tweesters take a trip to BiH, Croatia and Slovenia
- 19 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 20 September Trip to Normandy/Brittany/Paris
- 21 Better to rent a car in Venice or Padua?
- 22 DVD players in France
- 23 Ireland with Kids in March - itinerary help
- 24 Train from Sarlat
- 25 Trains