Just finishing up the plans for our italy trip in July and all we have left is figuring out the tuscany portion.
We will be in florence for a week (we have a wedding there) and will leave on the sunday july 8th. I have a room booked in siena at palazzo ravizza for the 10th and 12th but not sure what to do about the 8th and 9th.
Is this an ok idea.. train to pisa on the 8th, stay over night. Get up and rent a car and drive to san gimignano (tour it and volterra) spend the night, get up and drive to siena (one day there and then one day likely doing a wine tour around montalcino) then continue our drive down to sorrento on the 12th.
Am I missing anything. I know right away most of you will say we should stay in one place so i guess the other option would be to train from florence to siena right away and stay there all four nights?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Brief trip report Naples
- 2 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 3 Paris Under Seige...
- 4 Coach with driver rental, Puglia Italy
- 5 Private transportation
- 6 Return to Rome Pre Cruise Trip Report October 2016
- 7 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 8 Scenic drives in Tuscany
- 9 Sicily--Three Weeks in October--Winging It is Doable
- 10 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015
- 11 Scotland itinerary, helm me with15 night itinerary
- 12 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 13 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 14 Establishing a Realistic Food Budget
- 15 Global Travel Warning...
- 16 Belgian govt terror alert: Avoid malls, concerts & trains
- 17 Northern Italy - where to go?
- 18 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 19 Staying in Ventimiglia vs France
- 20 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 21 Churches of the East Riding of Yorkshire
- 22 Italy AND Switzerland in 8 days
- 23 St. Petersburg: Gosh, it's expensive
- 24 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 25 Liberty print dresses in London?