Just finishing up the plans for our italy trip in July and all we have left is figuring out the tuscany portion.
We will be in florence for a week (we have a wedding there) and will leave on the sunday july 8th. I have a room booked in siena at palazzo ravizza for the 10th and 12th but not sure what to do about the 8th and 9th.
Is this an ok idea.. train to pisa on the 8th, stay over night. Get up and rent a car and drive to san gimignano (tour it and volterra) spend the night, get up and drive to siena (one day there and then one day likely doing a wine tour around montalcino) then continue our drive down to sorrento on the 12th.
Am I missing anything. I know right away most of you will say we should stay in one place so i guess the other option would be to train from florence to siena right away and stay there all four nights?
four days in tuscany .. skip pisa?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hey Fodor's
- 2 Drat! -- Always cancel credit card after European car rental
- 3 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 4 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 5 Lagos or Portimao better base to stay
- 6 Two Sisters-in-law in Italy
- 7 3.5 Weeks in Europe with no luggage
- 8 Apartment rental agencies in Barcelona
- 9 Douro cruise in last week of November?
- 10 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 11 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 12 Rome, and Eastern Europe by older single woman
- 13 Two-city, two-week vacation in late Oct
- 14 Advice please...
- 15 PLEASE HELP! Study Abroad either Rome or London for Journalism/PR Major
- 16 Drive from Granada to Seville
- 17 30 day Multi-Country Europe Trip in June- PLEASE HELP WITH ITINERARY!!!
- 18 More questions about Swiss rail system and the Bernina Express?
- 19 Pontresina to Tirano by Train
- 20 Wineries open on Saturdays in October
- 21 Help us plan our first trip to Italy
- 22 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria
- 23 Globus Tour Highlights of Britain & Ireland
- 24 Restaurants/cafes in Paris still open after 10pm?
- 25 Ireland Bus tours