Just finishing up the plans for our italy trip in July and all we have left is figuring out the tuscany portion.
We will be in florence for a week (we have a wedding there) and will leave on the sunday july 8th. I have a room booked in siena at palazzo ravizza for the 10th and 12th but not sure what to do about the 8th and 9th.
Is this an ok idea.. train to pisa on the 8th, stay over night. Get up and rent a car and drive to san gimignano (tour it and volterra) spend the night, get up and drive to siena (one day there and then one day likely doing a wine tour around montalcino) then continue our drive down to sorrento on the 12th.
Am I missing anything. I know right away most of you will say we should stay in one place so i guess the other option would be to train from florence to siena right away and stay there all four nights?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 2 Skip the line tours of the Alhambra, Granada.
- 3 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 4 Greece itinerary--reasonable?
- 5 Cornwall UK
- 6 Best sites in Slovenia and Croatia
- 7 Corsica
- 8 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 9 Musée Erasme Anderlecht, Belgium
- 10 Best Car Rental - Dublin Drop of Shannon
- 11 Golf Partner in Istanbul
- 12 Something to do with my mother-in-law in Madrid
- 13 Visiting paris and italy can this itinerary work?
- 14 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 15 Alternative for Rustem Pasa Kulliyesi
- 16 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 17 17 day roadtrip through UK: Need suggestions
- 18 Ephesus - Tour A or B??
- 19 6 days in Croatia
- 20 Train tickets in Italy?
- 21 Getting around Lisbon
- 22 Swiss registered car in Liechtenstein
- 23 5 day trip by train Frankfurt Vienna
- 24 To Aeolians or Not? Please Critique our Sicily Itinerary for May/June
- 25 Norway travel help: Bergen-Gjendesheim-Oslo