Just finishing up the plans for our italy trip in July and all we have left is figuring out the tuscany portion.
We will be in florence for a week (we have a wedding there) and will leave on the sunday july 8th. I have a room booked in siena at palazzo ravizza for the 10th and 12th but not sure what to do about the 8th and 9th.
Is this an ok idea.. train to pisa on the 8th, stay over night. Get up and rent a car and drive to san gimignano (tour it and volterra) spend the night, get up and drive to siena (one day there and then one day likely doing a wine tour around montalcino) then continue our drive down to sorrento on the 12th.
Am I missing anything. I know right away most of you will say we should stay in one place so i guess the other option would be to train from florence to siena right away and stay there all four nights?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Agriturismo or small hotel between Milan & Cinque Terre
- 2 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 3 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 4 Globus Iberian Tour
- 5 Drive from Lake Como to Venice
- 6 What are your St. Petersburg, Russia experiences?
- 7 base for Andalucia
- 8 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 9 Italy travel plan help
- 10 Northern Tucany / Southern Emilia-Romagna / Cinc Terre What to Do?
- 11 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 12 Support Barcelona, Brussels, Paris, etc
- 13 Budapest Card
- 14 Tracking the Weather
- 15 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 16 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 17 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 18 Poland to Austria In December
- 19 road trip through scotland
- 20 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 21 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 22 Requesting information about Flytolake/Lariobus
- 23 Thinking about the Fjords
- 24 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 25 Where to eat in Rome?