Just finishing up the plans for our italy trip in July and all we have left is figuring out the tuscany portion.
We will be in florence for a week (we have a wedding there) and will leave on the sunday july 8th. I have a room booked in siena at palazzo ravizza for the 10th and 12th but not sure what to do about the 8th and 9th.
Is this an ok idea.. train to pisa on the 8th, stay over night. Get up and rent a car and drive to san gimignano (tour it and volterra) spend the night, get up and drive to siena (one day there and then one day likely doing a wine tour around montalcino) then continue our drive down to sorrento on the 12th.
Am I missing anything. I know right away most of you will say we should stay in one place so i guess the other option would be to train from florence to siena right away and stay there all four nights?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lack of diversity? Venice/Florence/Rome
- 2 Scenic drive: Seville-Granada-Barcelona
- 3 Tuscany - Chianti / Val d'Orcia
- 4 The Best hotel in Caen please !
- 5 Scottish Highlands For Two Days
- 6 Kathie & Cheryl plan our 2016 trip to Europe
- 7 HeathrowAirport to bakery
- 8 Euro Quiz # 107 - Potpourri!
- 9 Illegal vacation apts. in Paris
- 10 Your thoughts on day trips out of Venice
- 11 Scottish pounds where to exchange?
- 12 Norway in Nutshell - weather
- 13 Dublin to Dingle?
- 14 DDay Tours - private or group?
- 15 Albania by bus in 10 days??
- 16 Rain boots for Baltic cruise?
- 17 First EuroTrip decision/planning help
- 18 7 days in Paris with 3 teens
- 19 Edinburgh car rental, lodging, train to city
- 20 How to get to Mallorca
- 21 Day Trip from London
- 22 Barcelona to Marseille (Toulon)
- 23 Help! Honeymooning in Europe?
- 24 Italy,Austria,Germany driving vacation
- 25 Want to visit Ville Ephrussi