Just finishing up the plans for our italy trip in July and all we have left is figuring out the tuscany portion.
We will be in florence for a week (we have a wedding there) and will leave on the sunday july 8th. I have a room booked in siena at palazzo ravizza for the 10th and 12th but not sure what to do about the 8th and 9th.
Is this an ok idea.. train to pisa on the 8th, stay over night. Get up and rent a car and drive to san gimignano (tour it and volterra) spend the night, get up and drive to siena (one day there and then one day likely doing a wine tour around montalcino) then continue our drive down to sorrento on the 12th.
Am I missing anything. I know right away most of you will say we should stay in one place so i guess the other option would be to train from florence to siena right away and stay there all four nights?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 2 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 3 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 4 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 5 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 6 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 7 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 8 Chania
- 9 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 10 Car rental in Santorini port
- 11 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 12 Renting a car in Greece
- 13 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 14 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 15 renting a car in greece
- 16 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 17 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 18 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 19 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 20 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 21 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 22 retruning to US with souveniers
- 23 Is there a forum just for Paris?
- 24 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 25 First steps for Russian trip planning