Just finishing up the plans for our italy trip in July and all we have left is figuring out the tuscany portion.
We will be in florence for a week (we have a wedding there) and will leave on the sunday july 8th. I have a room booked in siena at palazzo ravizza for the 10th and 12th but not sure what to do about the 8th and 9th.
Is this an ok idea.. train to pisa on the 8th, stay over night. Get up and rent a car and drive to san gimignano (tour it and volterra) spend the night, get up and drive to siena (one day there and then one day likely doing a wine tour around montalcino) then continue our drive down to sorrento on the 12th.
Am I missing anything. I know right away most of you will say we should stay in one place so i guess the other option would be to train from florence to siena right away and stay there all four nights?
four days in tuscany .. skip pisa?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cream tea
- 2 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...
- 3 Stockholm Museums and Activities
- 4 Dublinia museum in Dublin
- 5 Need strategy for Louvre and Musee d'Orsaay
- 6 Versaille and Normandy
- 7 May Trip to Germany and Switzerland - Munich and Lauterbrunnen - Hiking Included
- 8 Annecy city-center, long-and-short term parking, 24-hour access.
- 9 trip to lake como
- 10 10 days from Hannover to Stuttgart - route recommendations, please?
- 11 Buying Train Tickets on line in advance of Trip to Italy
- 12 Driving Time - Kinsale to Clifden
- 13 Perfect Paris Day
- 14 Google Streetview for Greece
- 15 BIG BUS TOUR IN BUDAPEST
- 16 Berlin, Paris, London: 2 weeks, 3 people
- 17 Rome Itinerary Critique
- 18 Paris in October solo - potpourri of questions
- 19 Suggested itinerary for Istanbul??
- 20 SHOULD I BRING A TRANSLATION PHRASE/DICTIONARY TO HUNGARY
- 21 staying long term in Paris
- 22 Local nomad apt rentals-can anyone recommend (or not)? Rome
- 23 Seven days in London, June, 2014
- 24 Solo lunch and/or dinner in Killernay and Dublin
- 25 Northern Lights - What else to see