Just finishing up the plans for our italy trip in July and all we have left is figuring out the tuscany portion.
We will be in florence for a week (we have a wedding there) and will leave on the sunday july 8th. I have a room booked in siena at palazzo ravizza for the 10th and 12th but not sure what to do about the 8th and 9th.
Is this an ok idea.. train to pisa on the 8th, stay over night. Get up and rent a car and drive to san gimignano (tour it and volterra) spend the night, get up and drive to siena (one day there and then one day likely doing a wine tour around montalcino) then continue our drive down to sorrento on the 12th.
Am I missing anything. I know right away most of you will say we should stay in one place so i guess the other option would be to train from florence to siena right away and stay there all four nights?
four days in tuscany .. skip pisa?
- 1 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 2 Has anyone rented an apartment in Venice for 2-4 weeks?
- 3 Last monte Paris apartment
- 4 Burano - best day of week to visit
- 5 Lake Como & Venice - must sees, dos and eats??
- 6 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 7 When is the best time to buy train tickets/where?
- 8 Anyone heard of or used a hotel booking site called Olotels?
- 9 San Lorenzo Market
- 10 Christmas in the Netherlands: David Sadaris reads "6 to 8 Black Men"
- 11 Ireland - Doolin Ennis Dingle Kenmare Adare With Paragraph Breaks
- 12 To Madrid/Barcelona on Sunday! 8 Qs to help make the trip amazing
- 13 Places to stay for a tour of Normandy
- 14 Trip in June to andulusia and algrave portugal
- 15 Cuenca or Toledo
- 16 Nice
- 17 car rental agency near train station in Firenze
- 18 Parking in Florence, Italy
- 19 Norway experts needed.
- 20 Moonliner bus question - can someone help please?
- 21 Beatiful place near Aix-en-Provence or not too far from St Paul de Vence
- 22 Train from Amsterdam to Bruges
- 23 jungfraujoch mid june
- 24 Amalfi Coast and Transportation Help Needed
- 25 6 Weeks Traveling Around: Italy, Austria, Budapest, Paris