My partner and I will be visiting Paris from the 14th(early morning) to the 18th or April. I am very excited about our vacation and have planned lots of thing for each day but I am not sure if the plan is too ambitious. We would be truly grateful if you gays give us some advice as it is our first time in Paris.
We are staying in an apartment on the Boulevard Arago, pretty close to the RER/Metro station. As we are arrive early in the morning I hope we will be able to catch a market opened in the neighborhood, if not head straight to the Latin Quarter and the Pantheon. Go back to the apartment, nap and take the metro to Musee d'Orsay. Walk to our apartment passing Pont des Arts, Saint Germain, Saint-Sulpice and Luxembourg Gardens.
Day 2 - Morning visit to Sainte-Chapelle followed by some exploration of Ile de la Cite and Notre Dame. Take the metro to Musee de l'Orangerie, after visiting the museum walk to the Eiffel Tower stopping by Pont Alexandre and Jardin des Tuileries on the way.
Day 3 - Have breakfast in Place des Vosges, walk to Rue Montorgueil, Jardin du Palais, Opera District, Palais Garnier and L'église de la Madeleine. Then head to Arc de Triomphe and Champ Elysees. Go to Montmartre in the late afrernoon, visit the church and explore the neighborhood.
Day 4 - Wake up early, catch the sncf train to Versailles. Spend the day there, visit Louvre is the evening as it's a Wednesday.
Is my plan too crazy and unwalkable? Do you guys have different suggestions? Thanks a bunch!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 2 Driving in Italy?
- 3 English Countryside
- 4 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 5 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 6 5-day rpad trip from Toulouse that includes Lourdes
- 7 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 8 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 9 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 10 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 11 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 12 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 13 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 14 Need help with itinerary! Switzerland, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 15 Granada to Madrid
- 16 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 17 Tour groups
- 18 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 19 If you had to choose one......
- 20 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 21 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 22 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 23 Hiking in Tirol/Austria
- 24 Church service in Dubrovnik
- 25 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?