My partner and I will be visiting Paris from the 14th(early morning) to the 18th or April. I am very excited about our vacation and have planned lots of thing for each day but I am not sure if the plan is too ambitious. We would be truly grateful if you gays give us some advice as it is our first time in Paris.
We are staying in an apartment on the Boulevard Arago, pretty close to the RER/Metro station. As we are arrive early in the morning I hope we will be able to catch a market opened in the neighborhood, if not head straight to the Latin Quarter and the Pantheon. Go back to the apartment, nap and take the metro to Musee d'Orsay. Walk to our apartment passing Pont des Arts, Saint Germain, Saint-Sulpice and Luxembourg Gardens.
Day 2 - Morning visit to Sainte-Chapelle followed by some exploration of Ile de la Cite and Notre Dame. Take the metro to Musee de l'Orangerie, after visiting the museum walk to the Eiffel Tower stopping by Pont Alexandre and Jardin des Tuileries on the way.
Day 3 - Have breakfast in Place des Vosges, walk to Rue Montorgueil, Jardin du Palais, Opera District, Palais Garnier and L'église de la Madeleine. Then head to Arc de Triomphe and Champ Elysees. Go to Montmartre in the late afrernoon, visit the church and explore the neighborhood.
Day 4 - Wake up early, catch the sncf train to Versailles. Spend the day there, visit Louvre is the evening as it's a Wednesday.
Is my plan too crazy and unwalkable? Do you guys have different suggestions? Thanks a bunch!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 2 Travel from Kensington, London to Cambridge
- 3 Planning first Italy Trip!
- 4 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 5 One week in Europe
- 6 3nights in Venice
- 7 London Theater
- 8 multi city flights to europe
- 9 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 10 bvlenci Could you answer some q's about le Marche from another poster?
- 11 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 12 My final Prague itinerary
- 13 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 14 10-Day Trip Planned..Need Recommendations
- 15 Best day trips from Perugia and Umbertide
- 16 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 17 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 18 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 19 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 20 Car Rentals in Avignon
- 21 Private Guide in Lyon
- 22 13 nights in switzerland
- 23 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 24 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 25 Journees du patrimonie 2017