We will be in Iceland, based in Reykjavik, for four days in early September. We may rent a car or we may take guided tours; no decision yet. I realize the Blue lagoon is a must. I have done some research and I know we want to explore the Golden Circle and the South Coast. I have read that once one explores the South Coast, the scenery of other sights pales in comparison. I am wondering what other day trips locals or previous travelers might recommend, day trips with equally as beautiful, or equally as impressive scenery as the South Coast. We will, of course, also explore Reykjavik itself on foot.
Four Days in Iceland: Need Advice, Please
- 1 Help for first timers
- 2 Best Area to Stay in Paris
- 3 I'm Boycotting Switzerland And I'm Glad Belgium Makes Great Chocolate Too!
- 4 Brutal Crack Down on Peaceful Environmental Protest
- 5 Affordable London Hotel
- 6 PLEASE help - Germany, France,Switzerland,Italy itinerary
- 7 Parisian Pickpockets
- 8 Sicily Trip Report May 2013 - LONG and DETAILED
- 9 Paris Ticket t+
- 10 Belgium or Germany with Paris and Amsterdam
- 11 Paris and Amsterdam July 2013 trip
- 12 Italy/Switzerland - Help w/ Itinerary
- 13 Crete: Rental Car Return to Heraklion PORT?
- 14 Derby - What to do with 1.5 days?
- 15 Group tours of Greece/Greek islands for solo traveler
- 16 Driving the Mediterranean - Spain, France & Italy - 3 weeks - August 2013
- 17 15 wonderful days of Vino, Gelatos n Esprossos!
- 18 July reservations for County Kerry?
- 19 Benita In Paris
- 20 In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out
- 21 Barcelona June 2013 Trip Report
- 22 Driving through Europe
- 23 Romania Tour Guide
- 24 Transportation from Barcelona airport to Li Riberia
- 25 Italy with kids - lost in the wilderness of planning - please help