We will be in Iceland, based in Reykjavik, for four days in early September. We may rent a car or we may take guided tours; no decision yet. I realize the Blue lagoon is a must. I have done some research and I know we want to explore the Golden Circle and the South Coast. I have read that once one explores the South Coast, the scenery of other sights pales in comparison. I am wondering what other day trips locals or previous travelers might recommend, day trips with equally as beautiful, or equally as impressive scenery as the South Coast. We will, of course, also explore Reykjavik itself on foot.
Four Days in Iceland: Need Advice, Please
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Fashion for larger man?
- 2 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 3 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 4 Athens-Paros-Santorini Trip Itinerary
- 5 How much time to allow between flights at Athens airport?
- 6 Traveling in France by train
- 7 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 8 Connection - Frankfurt airport to Mannheim HBF to SNCF
- 9 100 Great things to do in Paris
- 10 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 11 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 12 Sicily - not a trip report
- 13 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 14 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 15 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 16 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?
- 17 Need ideas for a Christmas 2014 holiday vacation?
- 18 car rental advice in Portugal
- 19 Fjords, How To?
- 20 Duoro river cruises
- 21 What to wear
- 22 London & Cotswold or Prague & Amsterdam
- 23 Geneva - Basel driver/tour/transfer
- 24 Budget for 3 Month's
- 25 Side trip from Nice to wine country suggestions