We will be in Iceland, based in Reykjavik, for four days in early September. We may rent a car or we may take guided tours; no decision yet. I realize the Blue lagoon is a must. I have done some research and I know we want to explore the Golden Circle and the South Coast. I have read that once one explores the South Coast, the scenery of other sights pales in comparison. I am wondering what other day trips locals or previous travelers might recommend, day trips with equally as beautiful, or equally as impressive scenery as the South Coast. We will, of course, also explore Reykjavik itself on foot.
Four Days in Iceland: Need Advice, Please
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 2 London for Christmas
- 3 TGV and Provence questions
- 4 Garmisch, Nuremberg and Munich Nov trip
- 5 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 6 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 7 Rome Accommodation
- 8 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 9 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 10 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 11 Chambermaid tipping
- 12 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 13 Taxi Availability from Bus Station
- 14 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 15 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 16 Italian Lakes gardens
- 17 Greek islands from Turkey
- 18 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 19 Driving Slovenia & Noerthern Croatia
- 20 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 21 Travel from Prague to Basel
- 22 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 23 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 24 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 25 Madrid to Sevilla