We will be in Iceland, based in Reykjavik, for four days in early September. We may rent a car or we may take guided tours; no decision yet. I realize the Blue lagoon is a must. I have done some research and I know we want to explore the Golden Circle and the South Coast. I have read that once one explores the South Coast, the scenery of other sights pales in comparison. I am wondering what other day trips locals or previous travelers might recommend, day trips with equally as beautiful, or equally as impressive scenery as the South Coast. We will, of course, also explore Reykjavik itself on foot.
Four Days in Iceland: Need Advice, Please
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Expat area's in France
- 2 Wine tours in Tuscuny
- 3 Aaah...Umbria!
- 4 Sorrento Advice Please
- 5 Help neede with Liquria itinerary
- 6 Weather in Rias Baixas this weekend?
- 7 Aerobus from Barcelona airport to Placa Catalunya
- 8 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 9 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 10 Do I need train tix in advance
- 11 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 12 Appian Way and Catacombs in Rome, tour? Sunday?
- 13 How are Asians perceived in the Netherlands and Norway?
- 14 Cyprus photo gallery
- 15 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 16 Recommend a beautiful Costa Brava town we should visit!
- 17 York (UK) railway station to Herz depot on foot
- 18 What Three Nations Have The Friendliest People?
- 19 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 20 Schengen rule made easy
- 21 Rose Petals and Reflections
- 22 Need help with itinerary
- 23 24 hour layover in Paris (CDG)
- 24 Cornwall or Paris?
- 25 7 days in London in Dec with family