We will be in Iceland, based in Reykjavik, for four days in early September. We may rent a car or we may take guided tours; no decision yet. I realize the Blue lagoon is a must. I have done some research and I know we want to explore the Golden Circle and the South Coast. I have read that once one explores the South Coast, the scenery of other sights pales in comparison. I am wondering what other day trips locals or previous travelers might recommend, day trips with equally as beautiful, or equally as impressive scenery as the South Coast. We will, of course, also explore Reykjavik itself on foot.
Four Days in Iceland: Need Advice, Please
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 2 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 3 First Time to UK since 2001
- 4 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 5 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 6 Solo 55 year old female in Istanbul for 3.5 days mid-December
- 7 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 8 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 9 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 10 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 11 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 12 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 13 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 14 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 15 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 16 Brussels or Amsterdam?
- 17 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 18 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 19 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 20 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 21 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 22 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 23 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 24 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 25 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget