We will be in Iceland, based in Reykjavik, for four days in early September. We may rent a car or we may take guided tours; no decision yet. I realize the Blue lagoon is a must. I have done some research and I know we want to explore the Golden Circle and the South Coast. I have read that once one explores the South Coast, the scenery of other sights pales in comparison. I am wondering what other day trips locals or previous travelers might recommend, day trips with equally as beautiful, or equally as impressive scenery as the South Coast. We will, of course, also explore Reykjavik itself on foot.
Four Days in Iceland: Need Advice, Please
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 2 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 3 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 4 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 5 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 6 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 7 All Set To Go!!
- 8 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 9 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 10 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 11 Which european city?
- 12 Southern Spain
- 13 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 14 Christmas in Paris and Strasbourg in 2015
- 15 Skippered Charter Greece Islands
- 16 Scotland November 2015
- 17 Swiss mountain scenery in late April
- 18 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 19 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 20 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 21 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 22 Italy - Driving from Frankfurt to Florence (June 2012)
- 23 Italy Countryside
- 24 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 25 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)