I think I've gotten myself into quite a mess. I'm currently in my final year at a university in Italy (I'm an American who is doing a 2-year masters program here) and my first year's permit expired last September. Back then, I was told that the officials wouldn't mind a little delay and what with preparing for graduate school entrance exams, etc, I completely forgot about it.
Except now it's mid-April and I only just recalled that I hadn't applied for my Permit renewal when I had to go to the dentist and was unable to use my expired permit.
I realize how idiotic my life choices have been up to now, and deserve to be berated. My issue is that I'm not sure what would happen to me now if I submitted my application for renewal now - it is already half a year late. Would I be fined/jailed for being an illegal immigrant or something? It was completely accidental but it sounds far-fetched, I would think. Your thoughts/personal experiences with such a matter would be very much appreciated. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 2 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 3 Rome -- The next time around
- 4 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 5 One free day in Barcelona
- 6 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 7 Greek Village
- 8 Rome to Venice
- 9 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 10 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 11 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 12 PARIS
- 13 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 14 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 15 Which 2 locations on Amalfi Coast?
- 16 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 17 Sicily help
- 18 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 19 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 20 Hotels in Turin
- 21 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 22 Alitala
- 23 Bordeaux to Nice
- 24 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 25 "Too Much Cows"