I think I've gotten myself into quite a mess. I'm currently in my final year at a university in Italy (I'm an American who is doing a 2-year masters program here) and my first year's permit expired last September. Back then, I was told that the officials wouldn't mind a little delay and what with preparing for graduate school entrance exams, etc, I completely forgot about it.
Except now it's mid-April and I only just recalled that I hadn't applied for my Permit renewal when I had to go to the dentist and was unable to use my expired permit.
I realize how idiotic my life choices have been up to now, and deserve to be berated. My issue is that I'm not sure what would happen to me now if I submitted my application for renewal now - it is already half a year late. Would I be fined/jailed for being an illegal immigrant or something? It was completely accidental but it sounds far-fetched, I would think. Your thoughts/personal experiences with such a matter would be very much appreciated. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 2 Confused on which train pass
- 3 Italy- Train Amalfi to Siena
- 4 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 5 Paris to Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Basel (Switzerland)
- 6 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 7 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 8 Best of Norway
- 9 Bus Strike
- 10 Train up the Jungfrau
- 11 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 12 credit and debit cards
- 13 Where to stay in Sorrento/Positano area with family of 5?
- 14 travel around Spain
- 15 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 16 Mosel & Ahr wine tasting visit for 4 nights
- 17 App for restaurants/pubs in the the UK?
- 18 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 19 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 20 Guide books for Eastern Europe
- 21 Another Question re Scotland
- 22 Dalmation coast in October?
- 23 9 days in Eastern Sicily
- 24 Swiss rail disruption near Luzern
- 25 Where to stay in Umbria