I think I've gotten myself into quite a mess. I'm currently in my final year at a university in Italy (I'm an American who is doing a 2-year masters program here) and my first year's permit expired last September. Back then, I was told that the officials wouldn't mind a little delay and what with preparing for graduate school entrance exams, etc, I completely forgot about it.
Except now it's mid-April and I only just recalled that I hadn't applied for my Permit renewal when I had to go to the dentist and was unable to use my expired permit.
I realize how idiotic my life choices have been up to now, and deserve to be berated. My issue is that I'm not sure what would happen to me now if I submitted my application for renewal now - it is already half a year late. Would I be fined/jailed for being an illegal immigrant or something? It was completely accidental but it sounds far-fetched, I would think. Your thoughts/personal experiences with such a matter would be very much appreciated. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 2 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 3 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 4 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 5 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 6 Best neighborhood for first timer to Lisbon, Portugal
- 7 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 8 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 9 Naples/The Amalfi Coast...and Sicily?
- 10 Canal du Midi
- 11 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 12 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 13 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 14 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 15 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 16 Perugia
- 17 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 18 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 19 Praiano
- 20 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 21 Self drive tour companies
- 22 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Dijon?
- 23 St Denis Cathedral
- 24 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 25 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh