I think I've gotten myself into quite a mess. I'm currently in my final year at a university in Italy (I'm an American who is doing a 2-year masters program here) and my first year's permit expired last September. Back then, I was told that the officials wouldn't mind a little delay and what with preparing for graduate school entrance exams, etc, I completely forgot about it.
Except now it's mid-April and I only just recalled that I hadn't applied for my Permit renewal when I had to go to the dentist and was unable to use my expired permit.
I realize how idiotic my life choices have been up to now, and deserve to be berated. My issue is that I'm not sure what would happen to me now if I submitted my application for renewal now - it is already half a year late. Would I be fined/jailed for being an illegal immigrant or something? It was completely accidental but it sounds far-fetched, I would think. Your thoughts/personal experiences with such a matter would be very much appreciated. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 2 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 3 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 4 Paris hotels
- 5 LONDON - New Years Eve
- 6 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 7 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 8 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 9 Budapest in December 2017
- 10 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 11 Italy Sept 26-Oct 6 2017
- 12 Trek through Eur
- 13 Croatia Itinerary Help
- 14 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 15 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 16 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 17 Roma Pass
- 18 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 19 Amsterdam hotels
- 20 Denmark or Sweden?
- 21 Europe itinerary questions
- 22 London Hotels
- 23 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 24 We're here!
- 25 Has anyone rented from Allinclusive! Rent a Car ?