I left my passport in my friend's hotel room while going from Switzerland to Paris for one night on the train. I was detained on the train, filled out some paper work, and allowed to continue. I had no issues with immigration on the train when I returned as I showed them the paperwork they gave me when I left. They told me the matter was closed, but I now know that is not the case. I received something in the mail back in America (after about six weeks) saying I'm being charged with a crime that can be $3,000 per day. Also, they are asking for detailed personal financial information. I'm considering just sending them a copy of my passport (which they requested), but ignoring the other request and basically just selectively exercising my right to remain silent. I'd like to be able to travel to Switzerland and the other Schengen countries again, but if they try to pin some ridiculous fine on me, I will be spending my tourist dollars elsewhere. Any advice from anyone who has made this unfortunate mistake would be apprecaited. Thanks!
Forgot Passport - Prosecuted
- 1 Traveling to Fenegrò Province of Como, Italy from Rome, Italy
- 2 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 3 Home base in Provence in July
- 4 Beaune Hotel or B&B Recommendation Please
- 5 Paris - Apartment on Rue Volta, 3rd arr?
- 6 Drive Rome Florence
- 7 Need some help credit card for hotels in italy
- 8 10 Day Trip to Turkey
- 9 Moving to Spain
- 10 culinary classes in Biarritz/San Sebastian
- 11 Dingle to Galway help please, leave in less than 2 weeks
- 12 Top flamenco in Barcelona this fall - every night!
- 13 Traveling with a guide in Turkey
- 14 Granada on Sunday
- 15 9 or 10 night Spain itinerary
- 16 Formal Tours of the Marais paris
- 17 Need help in deciding!! Trip in end of July
- 18 How to make a phone call from a pay phone in London to Germany
- 19 The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today
- 20 Best castle for 7 and 9 year old boys
- 21 Any experience with Chateau des Monthairons (Dieue-sur-Meuse near Verdun)?
- 22 Barajas, Terminal 1 to Terminal 2.
- 23 Advance Eurostar Tickets
- 24 4 days in Zurich for the adventurous- what to do?
- 25 Club Quarters near Trafalgar Square