I left my passport in my friend's hotel room while going from Switzerland to Paris for one night on the train. I was detained on the train, filled out some paper work, and allowed to continue. I had no issues with immigration on the train when I returned as I showed them the paperwork they gave me when I left. They told me the matter was closed, but I now know that is not the case. I received something in the mail back in America (after about six weeks) saying I'm being charged with a crime that can be $3,000 per day. Also, they are asking for detailed personal financial information. I'm considering just sending them a copy of my passport (which they requested), but ignoring the other request and basically just selectively exercising my right to remain silent. I'd like to be able to travel to Switzerland and the other Schengen countries again, but if they try to pin some ridiculous fine on me, I will be spending my tourist dollars elsewhere. Any advice from anyone who has made this unfortunate mistake would be apprecaited. Thanks!
Forgot Passport - Prosecuted
- 1 London Itinerary Advice 6-10 September
- 2 Ah Paris
- 3 Easyjet luggage/ baggage
- 4 Estonia
- 5 10 day honeymoon in Italy in Nov
- 6 Netherland -> belgium -> Germany (Rhine Valley)
- 7 Ireland's Murphy's Pub's
- 8 Visa to TURKEY
- 9 I Need To Vent!
- 10 If an AirBerlin flight arrives in Rome at 11:30 ...
- 11 Where to eat and visit in Barcelona + Venice June 2013
- 12 8 hour layover in Frankfurt of 5/21
- 13 Bus from Sorrento to Naples Airport
- 14 Tennyson Home
- 15 Austria - Salzburg to Vienna (Train and Boat)
- 16 Backpacking through Europe
- 17 Which tour company would be best?
- 18 If you could go anywhere in Italy......
- 19 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 20 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 21 Spain Pyrenees overnight stopover Help needed with route?
- 22 Slovenia/Northern Croatia in mid-August - hotel and other advice?
- 23 Balkans in 4 weeks - Feasible itinerary?
- 24 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 25 Travel witha bike between Ventimiglia and Genova