We are planning a trip to Turkey (Selcuk, Cappadocia and Istanbul in that order) and I am trying to plan ahead for my shopping expenditures- shopping being one of my favorite activities while traveling (in and around historical sights, eating, etc.). My question: what are the relative prices of things like the flat Turkish towels (NOT terrycloth), pottery, copper pieces and kilims, and where are the best places to purchase them? I have heard great reviews of Jennifer's in the Arasta bazaar (Istanbul), but wonder if prices and selection might be better in the Selcuk and/or Cappadocia regions. Also wonder about your experience with shipping, including using resources like Mailboxes, Etc. from Turkey (I have had great luck with them shipping from Spain and Italy). Thanks for any help you can give!
For shoppers familiar with Turkey only!
View all Europe activity »
- 1 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 2 Euro Train
- 3 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 4 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 5 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 6 Prague - must see
- 7 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 8 Getting to Gatwick and home again
- 9 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 10 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 11 Advises for trip to Russia
- 12 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 13 First time traveler to Ireland
- 14 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 15 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 16 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 17 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 18 Backpacking Europe beginners questions!
- 19 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 20 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 21 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 22 need good quiet Paris hotel: possible?
- 23 March 2013: Barcelona, Rome and Prague Trip Report
- 24 Alsa Bus between Portugal and Spain
- 25 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s