We are planning a trip to Turkey (Selcuk, Cappadocia and Istanbul in that order) and I am trying to plan ahead for my shopping expenditures- shopping being one of my favorite activities while traveling (in and around historical sights, eating, etc.). My question: what are the relative prices of things like the flat Turkish towels (NOT terrycloth), pottery, copper pieces and kilims, and where are the best places to purchase them? I have heard great reviews of Jennifer's in the Arasta bazaar (Istanbul), but wonder if prices and selection might be better in the Selcuk and/or Cappadocia regions. Also wonder about your experience with shipping, including using resources like Mailboxes, Etc. from Turkey (I have had great luck with them shipping from Spain and Italy). Thanks for any help you can give!
For shoppers familiar with Turkey only!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Prague - Tram #22
- 2 A drive in Europe
- 3 Looking for recommendations for trip insurance
- 4 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 5 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 6 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 7 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 8 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 9 HELP FLORENCE TO ROME BY CAR WHAT TO DO
- 10 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 11 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 12 Where to stay in Rome
- 13 5 nights to get from Paris to Rome - What to do??
- 14 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 15 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 16 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 17 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 18 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 19 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 20 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 21 Sicily Suggetions
- 22 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 23 Travelling two weeks in London, Ireland and Scotland.
- 24 North of Spain from Bilbao
- 25 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium