I love and collect ceramics wherever I travel, and am planning a trip to Sorrento and the Amalfi coast this spring. My question: is it worth going to Vietri sul Mare for Solimene pottery or are the selection and prices comparable in Sorrento, Positano or Amalfi? The factory store for Solimene looks amazing, but the town is a little out of the way starting from Sorrento. Any experience, too, with shipping ceramics from this part of Italy?
For lovers and shoppers of Italian pottery only!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to wear
- 2 Madrid airport at night - how to pass the time
- 3 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 4 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons
- 5 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 6 London neighborhood suggestions
- 7 Suggested Itinerary and ideas for South of France road tour?
- 8 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 9 Matisse at Tate
- 10 Best mobile operator/plan for Czech Republic + adjacent countries?
- 11 Paris 14th - Hotel Chaplain Rive Gauche, Hotel du Lion, Hotel Sophie Germain, Hotel le Nouvel Orleans
- 12 What to book ahead in Barcelona?
- 13 5 Hour Layover in Amsterdam
- 14 How much time did -you- spend in Delphi and Olympia?
- 15 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 16 Ireland Southwest
- 17 Tour Guide in Budapest
- 18 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 19 Planning for Italy trip with a two-year old
- 20 Germany - Hamburg to Munich Itinerary advice
- 21 How to fit in Madrid, Lorca and possibly Toledo in 4 days?
- 22 Madrid and London
- 23 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 24 canadian memorial in Normandy France
- 25 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts