I love and collect ceramics wherever I travel, and am planning a trip to Sorrento and the Amalfi coast this spring. My question: is it worth going to Vietri sul Mare for Solimene pottery or are the selection and prices comparable in Sorrento, Positano or Amalfi? The factory store for Solimene looks amazing, but the town is a little out of the way starting from Sorrento. Any experience, too, with shipping ceramics from this part of Italy?
For lovers and shoppers of Italian pottery only!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Peugeot 107--will my luggage be visible?
- 2 1st time in Spain w/ 3 Children 8years and under - Help with itinery please
- 3 Preparing for our European Family Trip
- 4 A1 to A12 vs. A14: Which is the easier drive from Sulmona to Mondovi?
- 5 Hiking in the Pyrenees - day trip from Barcelona, no car
- 6 Conference trip to Netherlands; help me plan free time afterward
- 7 Beach along The Seine in Paris
- 8 Paris and South Of France/Possibly Cinque Terre
- 9 Which hotel in Lisbon?
- 10 Has anyone traveled on Thalys without a "ticketless" barcode confirmation?
- 11 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 12 FAMILY VACATION, BERLIN.
- 13 Need Accommodation in Versailles
- 14 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...
- 15 Pre-paid Visa?
- 16 Looking for add on city
- 17 What do you know about using the iPhone GPS app in Europe?
- 18 Traveling to Italy--Rome, Venice with teens
- 19 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 20 naples & pickpockets
- 21 MXP Best Western to "The Last Supper"
- 22 Prices in Dubrovnik
- 23 Trip to Italy
- 24 Two Week Big Fat Family Vacation to Greece
- 25 Automatic car rental in Italy: Dollar or Thrifty?