I love and collect ceramics wherever I travel, and am planning a trip to Sorrento and the Amalfi coast this spring. My question: is it worth going to Vietri sul Mare for Solimene pottery or are the selection and prices comparable in Sorrento, Positano or Amalfi? The factory store for Solimene looks amazing, but the town is a little out of the way starting from Sorrento. Any experience, too, with shipping ceramics from this part of Italy?
For lovers and shoppers of Italian pottery only!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Andalucia by car or train???? please help
- 2 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 3 FCO-area hotel advice, family of 4 with young children
- 4 history museums or locations
- 5 2 weeks in Barcelona and Swiss Apls
- 6 Crete, Rhodes... or?
- 7 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 8 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 9 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 10 By train to and out of Prague
- 11 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 12 Cylades Island Hopping
- 13 Looking for advice on Christmas Market trip (Germany)
- 14 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 15 Italy dolomites
- 16 Romantic France/Italy Countryside tour/itinerary
- 17 8 days en route to Salzburg - help me plan my itinerary!
- 18 Last-minute detour to Paris: a 4-day live trip report
- 19 Connecting flights. Customs/Security.
- 20 Airport ATMs
- 21 All Set To Go!!
- 22 Help! Italy & France and Italy-Two Weeks?
- 23 Condor Long-Haul Business Class
- 24 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 25 22 year olds in Europe