My daughter and I are spending 9 nights in Italy - we shall have a car (not in Rome). We arrive at Fiumicino Airport mid-day on Good Friday and shall be motoring to Tuscania where we sleep for 3 nights: I'm thinking of stopping on the way at either Sutri or Cassarolo to see the historic sights there , but we shall be hungry (having had an early start ex London) - so does anyone have any ideas of where to have lunch at these places or nearby? Over the 2 and a half days we shall be stationed in Tuscania we want to take in Viterbo (have been to Tarquinia twice before) for perhaps 1/2 a day or more, Lake Bolsena (we have been to Bagnoregio before) - any ideas of where to eat there, also Tuscania? We like good Italian food, like a good trattoria - but are happy to splash out and spend more on occasion, like a good bottle of wine! Also, suggestions on how to go around Lake Bolsena will be appreciated.
Then we motor on to Siena, and are thinking of stopping at Pienza as we have read so many rave reviews about it - any suggestions for somewhere good to eat lunch there? Likewise in Siena?
Finally we spend our last 3 nights in Rome near the Termini - not quite the Termini area, I don't know the name of the suburb - but close enough. Any ideas for our 3 days there - as far as sightseeing goes we shall mainly be taking in the churches as we have been to Rome a few times before.
Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 2 3 nights in Madrid
- 3 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, winery, food shops in Provence and Lyon
- 4 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 5 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 6 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 7 Ideas for vacation to Germany
- 8 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 9 Threat Level in UK
- 10 Cartagena Spain
- 11 Itinery help Crete
- 12 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 13 Itinerary Advice - Dublin to Shannon
- 14 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 15 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 16 S. Kensington London Restaurants
- 17 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 18 Graz in January
- 19 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 20 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 21 London Hotel - Different Request
- 22 Iceland trip report!
- 23 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 24 Sun loungers and parasols
- 25 BA flights canceled until 18:00 local