My daughter and I are spending 9 nights in Italy - we shall have a car (not in Rome). We arrive at Fiumicino Airport mid-day on Good Friday and shall be motoring to Tuscania where we sleep for 3 nights: I'm thinking of stopping on the way at either Sutri or Cassarolo to see the historic sights there , but we shall be hungry (having had an early start ex London) - so does anyone have any ideas of where to have lunch at these places or nearby? Over the 2 and a half days we shall be stationed in Tuscania we want to take in Viterbo (have been to Tarquinia twice before) for perhaps 1/2 a day or more, Lake Bolsena (we have been to Bagnoregio before) - any ideas of where to eat there, also Tuscania? We like good Italian food, like a good trattoria - but are happy to splash out and spend more on occasion, like a good bottle of wine! Also, suggestions on how to go around Lake Bolsena will be appreciated.
Then we motor on to Siena, and are thinking of stopping at Pienza as we have read so many rave reviews about it - any suggestions for somewhere good to eat lunch there? Likewise in Siena?
Finally we spend our last 3 nights in Rome near the Termini - not quite the Termini area, I don't know the name of the suburb - but close enough. Any ideas for our 3 days there - as far as sightseeing goes we shall mainly be taking in the churches as we have been to Rome a few times before.
Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain: general question about Mondays and museums
- 2 To Aeolians or Not? Please Critique our Sicily Itinerary for May/June
- 3 Skip the line tours of the Alhambra, Granada.
- 4 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 5 Photo tours Zurich Lucern areas
- 6 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 7 Something to do with my mother-in-law in Madrid
- 8 I may be wrong....
- 9 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 10 Driving from Madrid to Sevilla
- 11 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 12 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 13 Cannobio/Lago Maggiore in October?
- 14 Cinque Terre, Florence, Venice
- 15 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 16 Trip to Czech Republic, Austria and Italy
- 17 Travel from Florence, Italy to Munich, Germany
- 18 French Wedding
- 19 Cornwall UK
- 20 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 21 Photo tours in Amsterdam
- 22 Porto...Questions !
- 23 Tours through Spain and Portugal
- 24 12 days in Western Sicily in April 2017 - itinerary questions
- 25 Charming areas to explore in London