My daughter and I are spending 9 nights in Italy - we shall have a car (not in Rome). We arrive at Fiumicino Airport mid-day on Good Friday and shall be motoring to Tuscania where we sleep for 3 nights: I'm thinking of stopping on the way at either Sutri or Cassarolo to see the historic sights there , but we shall be hungry (having had an early start ex London) - so does anyone have any ideas of where to have lunch at these places or nearby? Over the 2 and a half days we shall be stationed in Tuscania we want to take in Viterbo (have been to Tarquinia twice before) for perhaps 1/2 a day or more, Lake Bolsena (we have been to Bagnoregio before) - any ideas of where to eat there, also Tuscania? We like good Italian food, like a good trattoria - but are happy to splash out and spend more on occasion, like a good bottle of wine! Also, suggestions on how to go around Lake Bolsena will be appreciated.
Then we motor on to Siena, and are thinking of stopping at Pienza as we have read so many rave reviews about it - any suggestions for somewhere good to eat lunch there? Likewise in Siena?
Finally we spend our last 3 nights in Rome near the Termini - not quite the Termini area, I don't know the name of the suburb - but close enough. Any ideas for our 3 days there - as far as sightseeing goes we shall mainly be taking in the churches as we have been to Rome a few times before.
Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 2 Renting WIFI hotspot in Bulgaria
- 3 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 4 Best way to get mobile internet in Spain?
- 5 Praiano
- 6 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 7 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 8 Self drive tour companies
- 9 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Dijon?
- 10 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 11 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 12 St Denis Cathedral
- 13 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 14 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 15 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 16 No Periods in British Written English!
- 17 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 18 Help please
- 19 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 20 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 21 Trip Report : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- 22 Iceland - which direction to drive RIng Road? Clockwise or counter?
- 23 Rome to venice
- 24 Two weeks in Italy flying in and out of Milan
- 25 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan