My daughter and I are spending 9 nights in Italy - we shall have a car (not in Rome). We arrive at Fiumicino Airport mid-day on Good Friday and shall be motoring to Tuscania where we sleep for 3 nights: I'm thinking of stopping on the way at either Sutri or Cassarolo to see the historic sights there , but we shall be hungry (having had an early start ex London) - so does anyone have any ideas of where to have lunch at these places or nearby? Over the 2 and a half days we shall be stationed in Tuscania we want to take in Viterbo (have been to Tarquinia twice before) for perhaps 1/2 a day or more, Lake Bolsena (we have been to Bagnoregio before) - any ideas of where to eat there, also Tuscania? We like good Italian food, like a good trattoria - but are happy to splash out and spend more on occasion, like a good bottle of wine! Also, suggestions on how to go around Lake Bolsena will be appreciated.
Then we motor on to Siena, and are thinking of stopping at Pienza as we have read so many rave reviews about it - any suggestions for somewhere good to eat lunch there? Likewise in Siena?
Finally we spend our last 3 nights in Rome near the Termini - not quite the Termini area, I don't know the name of the suburb - but close enough. Any ideas for our 3 days there - as far as sightseeing goes we shall mainly be taking in the churches as we have been to Rome a few times before.
Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 2 Lake Como,Italy
- 3 Italy Itinerary Gap to Fill - Alternate Suggestions
- 4 21, 18 and 6 year old trip to Europe
- 5 People visiting Slovenia
- 6 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 7 Valencia Spain
- 8 Language to use in Belgium
- 9 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 10 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 11 Germany-Car or Train
- 12 Visiting Zurich
- 13 Brussels flower tapestry
- 14 Cape Sounion en route to Airport?
- 15 Places to visit from Zurich
- 16 SURPRISE TRIP
- 17 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 18 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 19 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 20 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 21 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 22 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 23 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 24 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 25 Getting to Naxos and Santorini