In March I'm flying from Toronto to Milan, with a 1.5 hour layover in Paris. It's Alitalia, operated by Air France. On the back a week later, I'm flying nonstop from Rome to Toronto with Alitalia.
1)on the way there, is a 1.5 hour layover enough time, assuming my initial flight is not delayed? I've never dealt with a layover before and I'm travelling alone, so I'm starting to get really nervous about this.
2)I'm paranoid to check my baggage in case it doesn't make the layover. I'll have gifts in the bag which I don't want to get lost or delayed. They are bamboo embroidery hoops - I can't find any evidence anywhere of those not being allowed?
3)I have a small rolling carry-on suitcase (I believe the external dimensions are 22.5" high x 15 inches" x 10"). This seems to be above Air France and Alitalia's dimension limits? I was able to bring it onbaord a flight to Edinburgh two years ago. I'm guessing I should look for something a bit smaller?
-if I find a spinner suitcase the is within their dimensions and weight, can I also bring on board either a Fjallraven backpack (the regular kind the hipsters wear) or a Herschel Little Americana backpack? Or do they want you to bring a small purse as your addition carry-on and nothing bigger?
-last question - Air France's weight limit is 12kg for both bags. Fine. Alitalia's website says 5kg - surely that must be for both bags combined??
I'm a total spazz.
-lastly - any suggestions of things I must see or do in Milan and Rome? I am NOT well travelled, clearly.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 2 driving from prague to salzburg
- 3 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 4 Acropolis Athens
- 5 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 6 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 7 Tours of Versailles, Lyon
- 8 Versailles
- 9 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 10 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 11 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 12 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 13 dining on the 25th in Dublin
- 14 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 15 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 16 Meteora for older folk
- 17 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 18 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 19 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 20 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 21 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 22 Swiss Half Fare Card
- 23 Germany train help!
- 24 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 25 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??