In March I'm flying from Toronto to Milan, with a 1.5 hour layover in Paris. It's Alitalia, operated by Air France. On the back a week later, I'm flying nonstop from Rome to Toronto with Alitalia.
1)on the way there, is a 1.5 hour layover enough time, assuming my initial flight is not delayed? I've never dealt with a layover before and I'm travelling alone, so I'm starting to get really nervous about this.
2)I'm paranoid to check my baggage in case it doesn't make the layover. I'll have gifts in the bag which I don't want to get lost or delayed. They are bamboo embroidery hoops - I can't find any evidence anywhere of those not being allowed?
3)I have a small rolling carry-on suitcase (I believe the external dimensions are 22.5" high x 15 inches" x 10"). This seems to be above Air France and Alitalia's dimension limits? I was able to bring it onbaord a flight to Edinburgh two years ago. I'm guessing I should look for something a bit smaller?
-if I find a spinner suitcase the is within their dimensions and weight, can I also bring on board either a Fjallraven backpack (the regular kind the hipsters wear) or a Herschel Little Americana backpack? Or do they want you to bring a small purse as your addition carry-on and nothing bigger?
-last question - Air France's weight limit is 12kg for both bags. Fine. Alitalia's website says 5kg - surely that must be for both bags combined??
I'm a total spazz.
-lastly - any suggestions of things I must see or do in Milan and Rome? I am NOT well travelled, clearly.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Get : Recovery Password CONTACT ☎ 1:800:540:6830 VERIZON Technical SUPP0RT
- 2 16 days in France and Italy
- 3 European Vacation 2017
- 4 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 5 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 6 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 7 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 8 One July night in Verona - help!
- 9 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 10 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 11 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 12 London in September
- 13 Avoid Europcar!
- 14 Paris for children
- 15 Couscous
- 16 Scotland - We're Here!
- 17 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 18 Cash in Greece ATMs
- 19 Visiting the Dordogne/Lot
- 20 IWM
- 21 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 22 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 23 Guided Vatican Tours
- 24 Apartment/accomodation in Dubrovnik and Split
- 25 Best Masseria in Puglia