Has anyone done this flight and if so, did you just opt for a hotel near Paddington? I would be landing at 10 PM which means midnight arrival at Paddington is my best guess.
I would only be in town three nights, the first of which will be arrival night which means only two full days. I've been to London many many many many times so not being on top of attractions is no big deal. I can walk to a few things and tube to the rest. A friend is coming into town (middle of two biz trips, not worth it for him to fly home) and actually is staying at the Paddington Hilton... I would be going on the Eurostar to Paris so for convenience I could either stay near one or the other train stations, I suppose. And being able to coordinate my day with him more easily makes sense. I know Paddington isn't exactly in the middle of the action.
good logic? Or not...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Prague
- 2 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 3 London GTG in June, Anyone?
- 4 Sundays in Puglia
- 5 2 Months in Sicily
- 6 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 7 What tips can you give about packing?
- 8 Sim Card Options
- 9 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 10 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 11 Azores
- 12 Amsterdam hotels during summer
- 13 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 14 Madrid, Barcelona and .....
- 15 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 16 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 17 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 18 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 19 Greek Islands (small)
- 20 Taking a high speed train from Rome, Italy to Venice, Italy for a day trip.
- 21 Scotland in 7 Days
- 22 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 23 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 24 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 25 Cascais or Algarve?
Flying the day TATL flight to London - landing late - hotel choices