My girlfriend and I are going to Italy in a few months (we'll be arriving in Milan at 10:40a on Friday, April 22 and departing from Rome at 10:35a on Sunday, May 1, 2016) and I was hoping to get your advice. Right now, the only things that are set in stone are an apartment in Moltrasio (Lake Como) for 2 nights at the beginning of the trip and an Airbnb in Rome for 2 nights at the end of the trip. We have already done the tourist stops in Italy (Florence, Venice, Milan, even Rome) so we are looking for a different kind of experience.
We really want to check out the Amalfi coast, but I am worried it's too much travel to go from Moltrasio down to Positano. Additionally we have a lunch reservation at Osteria Francescana on Thursday, April 28.
Specifically, if you were us, what would you do from Sunday April 24 - Friday April 29? Should we go to Amalfi for the whole thing? Should we stay in Northern Italy? If so, ajy recommendations? I posted another topic, but it got pretty sidetracked. Any insight on how you'd fill those days would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe First Timers
- 2 Lille Braderie 2017
- 3 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 4 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 5 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 6 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 7 Cruising (not sailing) in Croatia..worried about noise
- 8 Thinking about the Fjords
- 9 4 weeks entailing 1 wk Greece and 3 wks in Italy
- 10 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?
- 11 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 12 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 13 Uber vs. TfL
- 14 I see the aspect outcomes of extremely inflamed
- 15 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 16 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 17 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 18 Greek Village
- 19 Berlin
- 20 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 21 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 22 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 23 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 24 Athens Help
- 25 how to get to Salzburg from Krakow