My girlfriend and I are going to Italy in a few months (we'll be arriving in Milan at 10:40a on Friday, April 22 and departing from Rome at 10:35a on Sunday, May 1, 2016) and I was hoping to get your advice. Right now, the only things that are set in stone are an apartment in Moltrasio (Lake Como) for 2 nights at the beginning of the trip and an Airbnb in Rome for 2 nights at the end of the trip. We have already done the tourist stops in Italy (Florence, Venice, Milan, even Rome) so we are looking for a different kind of experience.
We really want to check out the Amalfi coast, but I am worried it's too much travel to go from Moltrasio down to Positano. Additionally we have a lunch reservation at Osteria Francescana on Thursday, April 28.
Specifically, if you were us, what would you do from Sunday April 24 - Friday April 29? Should we go to Amalfi for the whole thing? Should we stay in Northern Italy? If so, ajy recommendations? I posted another topic, but it got pretty sidetracked. Any insight on how you'd fill those days would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 2 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 3 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 4 Itinerary help: Switzerland / Italy in August
- 5 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 6 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 7 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 8 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 9 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 10 WWI Battlefields
- 11 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 12 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 13 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 14 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 15 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 16 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 17 Paris: Les Grands Voisins Project...
- 18 Reaching the Lake District
- 19 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 20 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 21 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 22 My special places in Europe
- 23 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 24 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 25 Best Date for Vatican Museums?