I will be flying to crete-chania airport in mid September and staying for 5 days. We will not have a car and this is not a possibility as I cannot drive!
I would have liked to stay in Falasarna but the taxi transfer from the airport is about €90 each way which is too expensive. I was also looking at Stavros but everything I've read says it's recommended to get a car.
As we are only there for 5 days we are only looking for a nice beach within walking distance which is sand and not rocks - I am not bothered about visiting other towns etc. so it doesn't need to be near the bus stations - it just needs to be within reasonable taxi distance to the airport and have a few restaurants around and a supermarket.
Where would you recommend to stay?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Exploring Lisbon & where else?
- 2 VI@W : Get the App CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 MS OUTLOOK Tec*h SUPP0RT*CAre
- 3 9 days UK itinerary help!
- 4 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 5 Greece
- 6 8 days in st Remy - surprise trip for hubby
- 7 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 8 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 9 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 10 Spain - day driver advice
- 11 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 12 Edinburgh to Falkirk Wheel to Glasgow
- 13 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 14 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 15 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 16 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 17 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 18 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 19 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 20 London with Teens Trip Report
- 21 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 22 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 23 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 24 Berlin to ?
- 25 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria