I will be flying to crete-chania airport in mid September and staying for 5 days. We will not have a car and this is not a possibility as I cannot drive!
I would have liked to stay in Falasarna but the taxi transfer from the airport is about €90 each way which is too expensive. I was also looking at Stavros but everything I've read says it's recommended to get a car.
As we are only there for 5 days we are only looking for a nice beach within walking distance which is sand and not rocks - I am not bothered about visiting other towns etc. so it doesn't need to be near the bus stations - it just needs to be within reasonable taxi distance to the airport and have a few restaurants around and a supermarket.
Where would you recommend to stay?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 2 Sicily Beach Resort
- 3 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 4 International drivers permit
- 5 Languedoc, Dordogne & Bordeaux Itinerary Expert Help Please
- 6 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 7 Two days in Rome
- 8 Classical Tour of Albania
- 9 First visit to London
- 10 One day in Berchtesgaden - what should we see
- 11 Anniversary trip to France
- 12 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 13 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July
- 14 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 15 Where to stay - Honeymoon in Southern Tuscany
- 16 London is it worth it?
- 17 Ideas on our first Europe holiday
- 18 transportation from De Gaulle airport
- 19 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 20 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 21 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 22 Seeking Scenic Route from Bath to Devon
- 23 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 24 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 25 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip