We are a mid-40s couple on our first trip to Europe with our teenager kid, traveling from South America, next March 8th 2014. We cannot decide weather to:
1) Do the Côte d'Azur by car (too freezing? few to see?)
2) Add 2 flights to visit Berlin and Moscow (this is my husband's idea but I fly all the time at work and would not like to jump into a plane every 3-days during holidays!! ... )
3) Add 1 flight to Berlin and then take a car to visit Prague and Budapest before getting to Rome.
Once in Italy, by train, we plan to do Florence and Venice before Rome...
What do you think? What would you do? THANKS!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Whirlwind Italy in 16 days
- 2 5 hours in Genoa or next to Genoa?
- 3 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 4 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 5 AVE Train ticket purchase in Spain
- 6 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 7 Day tour in Kilkenny
- 8 When to Arrive At The Airport
- 9 Book recommendation: Non-travel book about the Dolomites
- 10 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 11 Trip to London with side trip to Wales/daytrip?
- 12 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 13 Cost of Van from CDG
- 14 To St. Pancras at stupid-o'clock: how would you do it?
- 15 Help planning a driving trip in Eastern Europe in July
- 16 German Train travel
- 17 Barcelona on budget
- 18 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 19 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 20 Cheese Tours in Italy
- 21 Edinburgh-London-Paris in that order
- 22 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 23 Plug ins for London and Paris
- 24 New Dublin Museum
- 25 Touring Switzerland, Germany, and Austria
Flying into Barcelona out of Rome...is Moscow a good idea?