My mom & her cousin are going on a European vacation and will start their journey in Austria, basing in Salzburg. The question: Do they fly into Vienna and pick up rental car at airport-drive to Salzburg or take the connecting flight from Vienna into Salzburg and pick up car there? I see it's about 3.5 hours to drive the distance between the two towns. I'm not quite clear if both airports have the rental car agencies on site or if they are off site. If either place is offsite-are there shuttles to take them to their car?
*Note: I know pubic transportation is easy in Salzburg and they really don't need a car-but they insist as they will be leaving there and going to other countries. Their dream-their decisions
Thank you in advance, have an amazing day!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Santa Margherta Ligure, Rapallo, Portofino....
- 2 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 3 Cordoba Overnight?
- 4 ALICANTE - 1 Day Excursions
- 5 ALMERIA - 1 Day Excusions
- 6 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 7 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 8 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 9 Dublin Leap Card
- 10 vegetarian in spain
- 11 Please help me eat well in Greece!
- 12 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 13 Rec for carryon bag - European sized
- 14 Help me bookend our Bologna stay in December
- 15 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 16 ST.TROPEZ - 1 day Excursions
- 17 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 18 Uffizi and Accademia Gallery Florence
- 19 Croatia and Slovenia 2018
- 20 Painted Hall in London well worth a visit!!
- 21 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 22 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 23 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 24 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 25 10 days Berner Oberland, Lake Geneva. Chamonix, yes or no
Flying into Austria, Vienna v.s. Salzburg, Rental Car Pick-up???