My mom & her cousin are going on a European vacation and will start their journey in Austria, basing in Salzburg. The question: Do they fly into Vienna and pick up rental car at airport-drive to Salzburg or take the connecting flight from Vienna into Salzburg and pick up car there? I see it's about 3.5 hours to drive the distance between the two towns. I'm not quite clear if both airports have the rental car agencies on site or if they are off site. If either place is offsite-are there shuttles to take them to their car?
*Note: I know pubic transportation is easy in Salzburg and they really don't need a car-but they insist as they will be leaving there and going to other countries. Their dream-their decisions
Thank you in advance, have an amazing day!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 2 Exchange ZAR in Turkey
- 3 One July night in Verona - help!
- 4 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 5 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 6 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 7 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 8 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 9 Guided Vatican Tours
- 10 SIM Card for London, Belgium, France & Italy
- 11 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 12 How are the feasts in Malta Celebrated?
- 13 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 14 First Time in Ireland...Intinerary advice please
- 15 16 days in France and Italy
- 16 Cappadocia in June
- 17 Majorca 9 days - change hotels during trip?
- 18 Lisbon
- 19 Picturesque fjord driving south west norway
- 20 Car insurance in Iceland
- 21 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 22 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 23 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 24 Scotland - We're Here!
- 25 Italy with my Teen daughters
Flying into Austria, Vienna v.s. Salzburg, Rental Car Pick-up???