My mom & her cousin are going on a European vacation and will start their journey in Austria, basing in Salzburg. The question: Do they fly into Vienna and pick up rental car at airport-drive to Salzburg or take the connecting flight from Vienna into Salzburg and pick up car there? I see it's about 3.5 hours to drive the distance between the two towns. I'm not quite clear if both airports have the rental car agencies on site or if they are off site. If either place is offsite-are there shuttles to take them to their car?
*Note: I know pubic transportation is easy in Salzburg and they really don't need a car-but they insist as they will be leaving there and going to other countries. Their dream-their decisions
Thank you in advance, have an amazing day!
Flying into Austria, Vienna v.s. Salzburg, Rental Car Pick-up???
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy trip questions
- 2 Two Weeks in Italy: Umbria, Tuscany, Piedmont Itinerary Help
- 3 Italy/Austria/Germany/France
- 4 Would you recommend Sicily only or Puglia also for a 14-day trip?
- 5 Stay in Chablis or Auxerre?
- 6 Huge New 5,000 Year Old Underground City Excavated in Cappadocia
- 7 Taormina to Palermo
- 8 2 Weeks in Germany in December
- 9 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 10 Crete, Rhodes... or?
- 11 history museums or locations
- 12 1st time in Paris - apartment advice
- 13 Anyone trying to get out of the French Alps?
- 14 Budget family trip to Europe
- 15 Euro Trivia Quiz #17 - British Train Trivia
- 16 Alternate base to Frankfurt
- 17 Affordable language lessons/homestays in France?
- 18 caroline_venezia
- 19 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 20 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 21 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 22 Spain, Summer 2014 Itinerary Suggestions
- 23 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 24 Honeymoon in the Alps (with skiing)
- 25 Our Brief Bavarian Break: Christmas Markets