My mom & her cousin are going on a European vacation and will start their journey in Austria, basing in Salzburg. The question: Do they fly into Vienna and pick up rental car at airport-drive to Salzburg or take the connecting flight from Vienna into Salzburg and pick up car there? I see it's about 3.5 hours to drive the distance between the two towns. I'm not quite clear if both airports have the rental car agencies on site or if they are off site. If either place is offsite-are there shuttles to take them to their car?
*Note: I know pubic transportation is easy in Salzburg and they really don't need a car-but they insist as they will be leaving there and going to other countries. Their dream-their decisions
Thank you in advance, have an amazing day!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pyrenees 10-Day Driving Itinerary
- 2 Vienna to Bratislava
- 3 a loss about Paris
- 4 Mallorca: Off the tourist trail
- 5 Advice? 2 weeks in Sicily with our 4-year-old
- 6 Paris---baguette question???
- 7 Want to meet the locals? Some new ideas
- 8 Chip and Sign credit cards usage in europe
- 9 15 Days in Italy - Venice & Rome
- 10 Want to Meet the Locals? Try Camping
- 11 Help me decide where to go xmas week
- 12 What type of visa is right for me?
- 13 Has anyone every used a company called Portugal Trails
- 14 RHK's Fall escape
- 15 Need Paris Flight Advice
- 16 Where in Tuscany to base ourselves for a week?
- 17 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 18 Christmas Eve
- 19 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 20 Olive farm visit in Tuscany - olive harvest, oil pressing
- 21 Berlin
- 22 Glassblowing in Prague
- 23 Revised post- cruise itinerary
- 24 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 25 From Barcelona to Valencia… and the not-quite-beaten path in between
Flying into Austria, Vienna v.s. Salzburg, Rental Car Pick-up???