My mom & her cousin are going on a European vacation and will start their journey in Austria, basing in Salzburg. The question: Do they fly into Vienna and pick up rental car at airport-drive to Salzburg or take the connecting flight from Vienna into Salzburg and pick up car there? I see it's about 3.5 hours to drive the distance between the two towns. I'm not quite clear if both airports have the rental car agencies on site or if they are off site. If either place is offsite-are there shuttles to take them to their car?
*Note: I know pubic transportation is easy in Salzburg and they really don't need a car-but they insist as they will be leaving there and going to other countries. Their dream-their decisions
Thank you in advance, have an amazing day!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Upcoming first trip to the UK
- 2 Pickpocketing prevention tip
- 3 First Trip to Europe, HELP
- 4 Mom's First Trip to Paris (2.5 days)
- 5 Trains from Granada
- 6 Cinque Terre with Mom (4 days)
- 7 Iceland-another itinerary help request
- 8 Rome & Florence with Mom (3 days)
- 9 Do we stay in Montalcino or Chianti or Both?
- 10 Alhambra
- 11 Calling Flamenco fans including Kimhe
- 12 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 13 Driving from San Sebastian to La Rioja to Bilbao
- 14 Too much for one day in Munich?
- 15 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 16 3/4/ days South of France
- 17 Ten day tour of Assisi and Umbria during Candelmaggio
- 18 How would you piece these together?Piedmont,Tuscany, Bologna, Umbria
- 19 Florence and Rome
- 20 Need itinerary help for self-drive or tour from Cavan to N. Ireland
- 21 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 22 Train Route Help! France, Spain, Italy & Switzerland
- 23 Switzerland Hotels
- 24 Bosch Parade
- 25 NY Times goes to Sicily!
Flying into Austria, Vienna v.s. Salzburg, Rental Car Pick-up???