My mom & her cousin are going on a European vacation and will start their journey in Austria, basing in Salzburg. The question: Do they fly into Vienna and pick up rental car at airport-drive to Salzburg or take the connecting flight from Vienna into Salzburg and pick up car there? I see it's about 3.5 hours to drive the distance between the two towns. I'm not quite clear if both airports have the rental car agencies on site or if they are off site. If either place is offsite-are there shuttles to take them to their car?
*Note: I know pubic transportation is easy in Salzburg and they really don't need a car-but they insist as they will be leaving there and going to other countries. Their dream-their decisions
Thank you in advance, have an amazing day!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Honeymoon in Greece
- 2 Two for One Days OUt
- 3 Tour of Northern Italy
- 4 Traveling Solo to the Baltics
- 5 Italy for Christmas Week
- 6 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 7 restaurants in Marais district
- 8 About to buy tickets to Greece - advice please!
- 9 Shoes in Scotland
- 10 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 11 A Month stay in Southern France
- 12 Roughing out a train/car trip from London to Scotland
- 13 Question about National Visa to Tourist Visa
- 14 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 15 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 16 Northern Italy 11 days Milan in/out
- 17 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 18 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 19 B&B suggestions for Dublin, Kinsale, Killarney, Ennis
- 20 A Week In Athens - Trip Report
- 21 Easiest London Airport for Transfer To/From Heathrow
- 22 Honeymoon in April-May 2017: Spain or Greece?
- 23 France & Italy, May or June
- 24 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 25 Engadine Valley help
Flying into Austria, Vienna v.s. Salzburg, Rental Car Pick-up???