My mom & her cousin are going on a European vacation and will start their journey in Austria, basing in Salzburg. The question: Do they fly into Vienna and pick up rental car at airport-drive to Salzburg or take the connecting flight from Vienna into Salzburg and pick up car there? I see it's about 3.5 hours to drive the distance between the two towns. I'm not quite clear if both airports have the rental car agencies on site or if they are off site. If either place is offsite-are there shuttles to take them to their car?
*Note: I know pubic transportation is easy in Salzburg and they really don't need a car-but they insist as they will be leaving there and going to other countries. Their dream-their decisions
Thank you in advance, have an amazing day!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ravello to Paestum
- 2 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 3 Italy, transport from Assiso to Cita di castello
- 4 London Itinerary and Questions
- 5 MiFi in Italy
- 6 1 week in winter. Where to go?
- 7 What am I missing: Amsterdam
- 8 Europe 27 days trip, HELP!
- 9 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 10 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 11 Barcelona completely overrated
- 12 French lavender and cottages
- 13 What Greek islands should I visit
- 14 Amsterdam or any other city near London/Paris
- 15 Earthquake, so sad for Italy
- 16 Car Rental at Malaga Port
- 17 Help with travel from Cinque Terre to Milan Linate Airport!
- 18 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 19 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 20 Spain Itinerary Help
- 21 Puffins! No luck. So, where and when did you see them?
- 22 And now...the 100 best things in Iceland.
- 23 First visit to France/Dordogne
- 24 Milan to Zurich - stops & stayovers
- 25 Trip Report Crete May 2016
Flying into Austria, Vienna v.s. Salzburg, Rental Car Pick-up???