I am starting to plan the last few days of our trip and I would appreciate a little advice and logistics information. We are flying to/from London on Virgin... starting our trip in London then visiting a few places in France before finishing in Paris. We'd like to spend our last night in Paris, then fly from Paris to London---on the same day as our flight back to the US---then layover a couple hours at LHR while we wait to fly home on an afternoon departure.
At least on paper, this seems like the best option.
But am I missing any special considerations?
Any reason why we *shouldn't* do this option?
Anyone do this exact thing?
Regarding the terminals? I recall very little about Heathrow... but it looks like Virgin flies out of terminal 3 whereas flights from Paris arrive in Terminal 4 or 5. Will going between those terminals be complicated?
How much time should we allocate between flights? (i.e How much advance time before the flight do they typically say you need to check in?)
As long as I stay in the airport, I don't go through security again, right? (Sorry, I know that's naive... but I have never had a transfer internationally.)
Anything else I might be missing?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 2 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 3 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 4 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 5 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 6 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 7 Berlin
- 8 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 9 4 weeks entailing 1 wk Greece and 3 wks in Italy
- 10 Rome or Venice first
- 11 Trains in Italy
- 12 Europe First Timers
- 13 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 14 Apartment Montreux area
- 15 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 16 Rest in Peace, Colonel Chilcott
- 17 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 18 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 19 What to do? Free evenings in Prague and Vienna
- 20 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 21 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 22 how to get to Salzburg from Krakow
- 23 Lille Braderie 2017
- 24 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 25 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland