Hello fellow travelers!
I am using up my miles! My 3 adult kids (21, 22, 25) and i are flying to London Gatwick with the intention of flying down to Barcelona.....or we might be able to fly to Nice and make our way to Barcelona, which won the "where do you wanna go?" family contest. We have 8 full days. We leave in less than a month! - but just decided to go for it. I'm not stressed about last minute, there's always a great adventure waiting and someplace to stay and eat.
I've been to Spain, (madrid, cordoba, sevilla, ronda, costa brava, granada) and would like to concentrate on Catalonia, and the Pyrenees, Provence or Riviera, maybe even the Balearic islands. I have a single reservation mid-trip for Parador Duques de Cardona (!!). We've traveled a lot together and prefer a semi-budget sort of travel, with occasional splurges and local typical food. We could rent a car or take trains or buses or cheap (easyjet type) flights.
Can you please suggest your favorite itineraries in the area? I figure 3 days in Barcelona. That leaves 5 days to plan. The return flight is from Barcelona, so we could begin and end the trip there or just end the trip there and fly elsewhere from Gatwick when we first get to Europe.
Thanks! Gracias! Merci!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 2 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 3 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 4 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 5 Shorts in South of France?
- 6 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 7 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 8 Getting from Bordeaux Gare to the airport
- 9 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 10 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 11 First trip to the UK, please help me
- 12 Poland to Austria In December
- 13 Alsace to Austria?
- 14 Wales
- 15 Paris in early august
- 16 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 17 Italy travel plan help
- 18 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 19 How to spend 6 days in Stockholm ?
- 20 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 21 Tracking the Weather
- 22 Globus Iberian Tour
- 23 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 24 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 25 Budapest to Kosice
fly to London then Barcelona, or to Nice and get to Barcelona?
Hello fellow travelers!