Hello fellow travelers!
I am using up my miles! My 3 adult kids (21, 22, 25) and i are flying to London Gatwick with the intention of flying down to Barcelona.....or we might be able to fly to Nice and make our way to Barcelona, which won the "where do you wanna go?" family contest. We have 8 full days. We leave in less than a month! - but just decided to go for it. I'm not stressed about last minute, there's always a great adventure waiting and someplace to stay and eat.
I've been to Spain, (madrid, cordoba, sevilla, ronda, costa brava, granada) and would like to concentrate on Catalonia, and the Pyrenees, Provence or Riviera, maybe even the Balearic islands. I have a single reservation mid-trip for Parador Duques de Cardona (!!). We've traveled a lot together and prefer a semi-budget sort of travel, with occasional splurges and local typical food. We could rent a car or take trains or buses or cheap (easyjet type) flights.
Can you please suggest your favorite itineraries in the area? I figure 3 days in Barcelona. That leaves 5 days to plan. The return flight is from Barcelona, so we could begin and end the trip there or just end the trip there and fly elsewhere from Gatwick when we first get to Europe.
Thanks! Gracias! Merci!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 2 My 3 Day Umbrian Plan. What do you think?
- 3 Germany, Austria, Liechtenstein, Switzerland
- 4 Advice on these Madrid apartments and hostels please.
- 5 Stonehenge After Hour tour
- 6 Books and Films about/set in Southern Italy
- 7 Poland, Czech, Slovak Summer Holiday
- 8 I'm moving to Italy...one way or another
- 9 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 10 Help me choose a Central/Eastern Europe Itinerary
- 11 Ravenna Mosaics
- 12 Swiss: 9 day trip
- 13 Flight connection in CDG
- 14 Our time in Rome
- 15 France for a month in 2017
- 16 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 17 Paris restaurants in/near 12th arr.
- 18 Barcelona extension
- 19 Dinan or Avranches to visit Le Mont St. Michel?
- 20 Exploring Extraordinary Extremadura
- 21 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 22 Naples or Genoa
- 23 Stockholm Transport/ tours- Port Vartahamnen
- 24 France 2016: Paris--Avignon--Provence--Nice
- 25 a few hours in Stockholm
fly to London then Barcelona, or to Nice and get to Barcelona?
Hello fellow travelers!