Hello fellow travelers!
I am using up my miles! My 3 adult kids (21, 22, 25) and i are flying to London Gatwick with the intention of flying down to Barcelona.....or we might be able to fly to Nice and make our way to Barcelona, which won the "where do you wanna go?" family contest. We have 8 full days. We leave in less than a month! - but just decided to go for it. I'm not stressed about last minute, there's always a great adventure waiting and someplace to stay and eat.
I've been to Spain, (madrid, cordoba, sevilla, ronda, costa brava, granada) and would like to concentrate on Catalonia, and the Pyrenees, Provence or Riviera, maybe even the Balearic islands. I have a single reservation mid-trip for Parador Duques de Cardona (!!). We've traveled a lot together and prefer a semi-budget sort of travel, with occasional splurges and local typical food. We could rent a car or take trains or buses or cheap (easyjet type) flights.
Can you please suggest your favorite itineraries in the area? I figure 3 days in Barcelona. That leaves 5 days to plan. The return flight is from Barcelona, so we could begin and end the trip there or just end the trip there and fly elsewhere from Gatwick when we first get to Europe.
Thanks! Gracias! Merci!
fly to London then Barcelona, or to Nice and get to Barcelona?
Hello fellow travelers!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Last few days in Italy -- North of Tuscany -- ideas?
- 2 Greece Italy and Turkey
- 3 ATM nonsense: be prepared
- 4 Three Centre Holiday, Italy
- 5 Signal strength of T-Mobile phones in UK, Denmark, & Sweden
- 6 iDTGV Sales Open Today for Travel through September 11, 2014
- 7 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 8 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 9 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 10 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 11 A drive in Europe
- 12 TGV from Paris (or Orleans) to Barcelona
- 13 car rental info
- 14 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 15 Rail tickets
- 16 bath or york
- 17 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 18 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 19 3.5 days in Andalucia
- 20 Hotel room/Aptartment Recommendation for 5 in Paris
- 21 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 22 Hotel in Venice
- 23 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 24 Visiting the UK (2 Weeks, need help)
- 25 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time