Hello fellow travelers!
I am using up my miles! My 3 adult kids (21, 22, 25) and i are flying to London Gatwick with the intention of flying down to Barcelona.....or we might be able to fly to Nice and make our way to Barcelona, which won the "where do you wanna go?" family contest. We have 8 full days. We leave in less than a month! - but just decided to go for it. I'm not stressed about last minute, there's always a great adventure waiting and someplace to stay and eat.
I've been to Spain, (madrid, cordoba, sevilla, ronda, costa brava, granada) and would like to concentrate on Catalonia, and the Pyrenees, Provence or Riviera, maybe even the Balearic islands. I have a single reservation mid-trip for Parador Duques de Cardona (!!). We've traveled a lot together and prefer a semi-budget sort of travel, with occasional splurges and local typical food. We could rent a car or take trains or buses or cheap (easyjet type) flights.
Can you please suggest your favorite itineraries in the area? I figure 3 days in Barcelona. That leaves 5 days to plan. The return flight is from Barcelona, so we could begin and end the trip there or just end the trip there and fly elsewhere from Gatwick when we first get to Europe.
Thanks! Gracias! Merci!
fly to London then Barcelona, or to Nice and get to Barcelona?
Hello fellow travelers!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 2 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 3 Best hostels from experience
- 4 Istanbul Itinerary
- 5 Lake Como 3 Stretch and 7 Stretch Ferry Tickets
- 6 6 nights to spend between salzburg and austria
- 7 Tours for Ephesus and Cappadoccia
- 8 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 9 Can you recommend a little seaside town near Athen?
- 10 What London location & hotels are the best for ??
- 11 Rome airport--should I arrive more than 2 hours early?
- 12 London, Liverpool, Scotland Itinerary
- 13 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 14 First ever trip overseas - itinerary check
- 15 Honeymoon in Greece or Italy or Spain?
- 16 Irish Inns and B&B Reservations
- 17 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 18 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 19 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 20 7 Nights in Paris
- 21 London neighborhood suggestions
- 22 Where Would You Add Two Days - Tuscany & CT Itinerary
- 23 Ferry or Catamaran from Split-Hvar
- 24 Why don't the French want to work?
- 25 Driving from Italy to France