Hello fellow travelers!
I am using up my miles! My 3 adult kids (21, 22, 25) and i are flying to London Gatwick with the intention of flying down to Barcelona.....or we might be able to fly to Nice and make our way to Barcelona, which won the "where do you wanna go?" family contest. We have 8 full days. We leave in less than a month! - but just decided to go for it. I'm not stressed about last minute, there's always a great adventure waiting and someplace to stay and eat.
I've been to Spain, (madrid, cordoba, sevilla, ronda, costa brava, granada) and would like to concentrate on Catalonia, and the Pyrenees, Provence or Riviera, maybe even the Balearic islands. I have a single reservation mid-trip for Parador Duques de Cardona (!!). We've traveled a lot together and prefer a semi-budget sort of travel, with occasional splurges and local typical food. We could rent a car or take trains or buses or cheap (easyjet type) flights.
Can you please suggest your favorite itineraries in the area? I figure 3 days in Barcelona. That leaves 5 days to plan. The return flight is from Barcelona, so we could begin and end the trip there or just end the trip there and fly elsewhere from Gatwick when we first get to Europe.
Thanks! Gracias! Merci!
fly to London then Barcelona, or to Nice and get to Barcelona?
Hello fellow travelers!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best location for Prague hotel?
- 2 Rome to Capri-Day Trip?
- 3 Which area in Florence - Santa Croce or near Duomo?
- 4 Are Bit Coins Accepted Anywhere In Europe anywhere...
- 5 First Trip to Europe
- 6 Central London Hotels
- 7 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 8 Aix-en-Provence to Paris
- 9 ACP Rail -- any info?
- 10 Switzerland--how is rain impacting hiking in engadines? sils maria?
- 11 Mosel Valley Base - NOT Rhine Valley Base
- 12 Paris Taxi
- 13 Apartment cooking in Paris
- 14 Ronda or Vejer de la Frontera?
- 15 Bielsa, Spain - Any info?
- 16 What should we eat in Portugal?
- 17 Paris-Immersion School in the Dordogne-Languedoc-Aix & Lessons Learned
- 18 review of grimaldi ferry barcelona to porto torres
- 19 impact of the euro on travel costs
- 20 Photos from our Nearly 2 Weeks in Turkey
- 21 Cornwall or Paris?
- 22 Globus Tours
- 23 Paris T A X I
- 24 Itinerary Check: Zurich, Munich, Prague, VIenna and Berlin in 20 Days
- 25 A Trip Report in Pictures - Ireland, E to W, S to N