Hello fellow travelers!
I am using up my miles! My 3 adult kids (21, 22, 25) and i are flying to London Gatwick with the intention of flying down to Barcelona.....or we might be able to fly to Nice and make our way to Barcelona, which won the "where do you wanna go?" family contest. We have 8 full days. We leave in less than a month! - but just decided to go for it. I'm not stressed about last minute, there's always a great adventure waiting and someplace to stay and eat.
I've been to Spain, (madrid, cordoba, sevilla, ronda, costa brava, granada) and would like to concentrate on Catalonia, and the Pyrenees, Provence or Riviera, maybe even the Balearic islands. I have a single reservation mid-trip for Parador Duques de Cardona (!!). We've traveled a lot together and prefer a semi-budget sort of travel, with occasional splurges and local typical food. We could rent a car or take trains or buses or cheap (easyjet type) flights.
Can you please suggest your favorite itineraries in the area? I figure 3 days in Barcelona. That leaves 5 days to plan. The return flight is from Barcelona, so we could begin and end the trip there or just end the trip there and fly elsewhere from Gatwick when we first get to Europe.
Thanks! Gracias! Merci!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland Advise: Isle of Skye or Glen Coe
- 2 SPANISH MUSEUMS
- 3 Using Kindle, Netflix, Amazon Prime in Europe
- 4 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 5 Cordoba or Granada?
- 6 River Boat Cruise
- 7 Munich, Germany
- 8 where to stay (and how long), what to see around Nuremberg
- 9 Flying with Air France and Alitalia
- 10 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 11 Review of the Jhieronimus Bosch ehibition
- 12 Hotel Modigliani or Hotel Santa Maria (Rome)
- 13 Amalfi or Positano
- 14 Corsica France...Calvi or Ajaccio or?
- 15 Italy + Greece + Croatia
- 16 First Time Europe Trip
- 17 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 18 St Andrews advice
- 19 Guided tours or drive yourself? - Scotland
- 20 Cordoba to Madrid airport?
- 21 Capri Ferry Tickets
- 22 Need a meeting point suggestion in southern France
- 23 Seville Hotels - September 2016
- 24 Hostel Advice
- 25 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
fly to London then Barcelona, or to Nice and get to Barcelona?
Hello fellow travelers!