Hello fellow travelers!
I am using up my miles! My 3 adult kids (21, 22, 25) and i are flying to London Gatwick with the intention of flying down to Barcelona.....or we might be able to fly to Nice and make our way to Barcelona, which won the "where do you wanna go?" family contest. We have 8 full days. We leave in less than a month! - but just decided to go for it. I'm not stressed about last minute, there's always a great adventure waiting and someplace to stay and eat.
I've been to Spain, (madrid, cordoba, sevilla, ronda, costa brava, granada) and would like to concentrate on Catalonia, and the Pyrenees, Provence or Riviera, maybe even the Balearic islands. I have a single reservation mid-trip for Parador Duques de Cardona (!!). We've traveled a lot together and prefer a semi-budget sort of travel, with occasional splurges and local typical food. We could rent a car or take trains or buses or cheap (easyjet type) flights.
Can you please suggest your favorite itineraries in the area? I figure 3 days in Barcelona. That leaves 5 days to plan. The return flight is from Barcelona, so we could begin and end the trip there or just end the trip there and fly elsewhere from Gatwick when we first get to Europe.
Thanks! Gracias! Merci!
fly to London then Barcelona, or to Nice and get to Barcelona?
Hello fellow travelers!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 2 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking
- 3 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 4 Three ferries to Mull
- 5 DIRECT trains from Rome FCO Airport to Venice start 12/14/2014
- 6 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 7 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 8 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 9 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 10 Chamonix to Paris by Train
- 11 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 12 All Set To Go!!
- 13 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 14 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 15 Euro Trivia Quiz #13... Classical Musicians/Composers Home Towns?
- 16 French Basque region
- 17 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 18 Italy + Greece in 14 days
- 19 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 20 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 21 Bavaria: Santa Claus and Evil Twin Krampus!
- 22 Story of the German Christmas star
- 23 Airport ATMs
- 24 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 25 Amsterdam New Years Even Recommendations