Hello fellow travelers!
I am using up my miles! My 3 adult kids (21, 22, 25) and i are flying to London Gatwick with the intention of flying down to Barcelona.....or we might be able to fly to Nice and make our way to Barcelona, which won the "where do you wanna go?" family contest. We have 8 full days. We leave in less than a month! - but just decided to go for it. I'm not stressed about last minute, there's always a great adventure waiting and someplace to stay and eat.
I've been to Spain, (madrid, cordoba, sevilla, ronda, costa brava, granada) and would like to concentrate on Catalonia, and the Pyrenees, Provence or Riviera, maybe even the Balearic islands. I have a single reservation mid-trip for Parador Duques de Cardona (!!). We've traveled a lot together and prefer a semi-budget sort of travel, with occasional splurges and local typical food. We could rent a car or take trains or buses or cheap (easyjet type) flights.
Can you please suggest your favorite itineraries in the area? I figure 3 days in Barcelona. That leaves 5 days to plan. The return flight is from Barcelona, so we could begin and end the trip there or just end the trip there and fly elsewhere from Gatwick when we first get to Europe.
Thanks! Gracias! Merci!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 2 southeast sicily town as home base
- 3 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 4 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 5 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 6 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 7 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 8 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 9 London with Teens Trip Report
- 10 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 11 Top Tapas Tascas
- 12 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 13 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 14 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 15 Iceland car rental agencies
- 16 Ludwig Castles
- 17 Best Viking Sites
- 18 Ex-pats with young kids
- 19 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 20 Schlipol Airport/Amsterdam/question
- 21 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 22 Hotels in Turin
- 23 Just 1 or 2 or 3 days in Rome? Here are free self guided itineraries
- 24 Romania: Putting together a 7-day itinerary
- 25 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
fly to London then Barcelona, or to Nice and get to Barcelona?
Hello fellow travelers!