A few questions
Myself and hubby are travelling Europe for 6 weeks next year, we will land in Athens and from there to Santorini. We have booked accommodation in at The Piraeus Port hotel(free cancellation) because we thought we would take a ferry but it appears cheaper and quicker to fly, so should we take that option and book closer to the airport or is the ferry experience not to miss? If we take a flight, how early before that flight do we have to be at the airport. Also, if we fly in will there be less stairs to tackle as oppose to getting a ferry in, we are trying to get our head around what Santorini is like, we are staying at The Chromata, Imeroviglia.
We will only be in Athens for two nights so only one full day which depending on how we feel after our flight may just stroll around the area, is there much to see near airport or more so in Piraeus or not much with either.
Is there anything of interest on that one free day in Athens to see that's not a full day, that we could perhaps see or do at our own leisure, we are happy just to stroll around or hang by the hotel otherwise.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 (Repost) Overall cost of three weeks in Scotland??
- 2 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 3 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 4 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 5 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 6 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 7 Car rental companies - why so many negative reviews?
- 8 Iceland rental camper company
- 9 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 10 southeast sicily town as home base
- 11 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 12 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 13 Chania
- 14 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 15 Incredibly Beautiful, Fira, Greece
- 16 Theoxenia on Santorini
- 17 Spanish food - not that special?
- 18 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 19 Rome travel book, Nice extra
- 20 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 21 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 22 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 23 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 24 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 25 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy