A few questions
Myself and hubby are travelling Europe for 6 weeks next year, we will land in Athens and from there to Santorini. We have booked accommodation in at The Piraeus Port hotel(free cancellation) because we thought we would take a ferry but it appears cheaper and quicker to fly, so should we take that option and book closer to the airport or is the ferry experience not to miss? If we take a flight, how early before that flight do we have to be at the airport. Also, if we fly in will there be less stairs to tackle as oppose to getting a ferry in, we are trying to get our head around what Santorini is like, we are staying at The Chromata, Imeroviglia.
We will only be in Athens for two nights so only one full day which depending on how we feel after our flight may just stroll around the area, is there much to see near airport or more so in Piraeus or not much with either.
Is there anything of interest on that one free day in Athens to see that's not a full day, that we could perhaps see or do at our own leisure, we are happy just to stroll around or hang by the hotel otherwise.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 2 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 3 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 4 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 5 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 6 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 7 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 8 Can parking
- 9 italy Cinque Terre
- 10 San Sebastián
- 11 Lodging in Lauterbrunnen and Grindenwald in October
- 12 Zurich to Milan trip
- 13 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 14 Would like help planning a 16-21 day week trip to Spain and/or Portugal
- 15 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 16 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 17 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 18 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 19 Driving through Paris
- 20 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 21 Advice for first time trip to Greece
- 22 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue
- 23 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 24 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 25 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome