A few questions
Myself and hubby are travelling Europe for 6 weeks next year, we will land in Athens and from there to Santorini. We have booked accommodation in at The Piraeus Port hotel(free cancellation) because we thought we would take a ferry but it appears cheaper and quicker to fly, so should we take that option and book closer to the airport or is the ferry experience not to miss? If we take a flight, how early before that flight do we have to be at the airport. Also, if we fly in will there be less stairs to tackle as oppose to getting a ferry in, we are trying to get our head around what Santorini is like, we are staying at The Chromata, Imeroviglia.
We will only be in Athens for two nights so only one full day which depending on how we feel after our flight may just stroll around the area, is there much to see near airport or more so in Piraeus or not much with either.
Is there anything of interest on that one free day in Athens to see that's not a full day, that we could perhaps see or do at our own leisure, we are happy just to stroll around or hang by the hotel otherwise.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AMS Car Rental
- 2 Capital One 360 Card -- Fees for Cash Withdrawal?
- 3 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 4 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 5 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 6 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 7 One week in Europe
- 8 Switzerland in September
- 9 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 10 London Theater
- 11 Private transportation between Italian Cities
- 12 Munich itinerary review
- 13 3 nights in the 10th Paris
- 14 Europe itinerary questions
- 15 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 16 Itinerary Germany 9/10 - 9/24/17
- 17 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 18 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 19 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 20 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 21 Salzburg itinerary review
- 22 weekend from cologne germany
- 23 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 24 Christmas - New Year Holiday
- 25 Last minute trip to Capri