Can I have some advice as to whether it is better to fly or take the ferry from Italy to Croatia.
We are a group of 6 adults wanting to spend 3 nights in Hvartravelling late July, 2016. We can leave from either Pescara or Ancona as we have a car and get to either cities.
I understand that there are no ferries running from Pescara to Hvar in 2016, and looked at leaving from Ancona. Is it an overnight ferry? Is there bedding on the ferry?
alternatively do we fly from Pescara to split? then ferry to Hvar?
We also need somewhere to leave the car (long term car parking)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 2 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 3 Sisi Ticket - skip line at Hofburg?
- 4 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 5 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 6 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 7 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 8 Notes on St. Petersburg
- 9 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 10 Appenzell in December?
- 11 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 12 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 13 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 14 Iceland in January/February
- 15 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 16 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 17 Switzerland
- 18 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 19 WWI Battlefields
- 20 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 21 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 22 Visiting Zurich
- 23 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 24 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria
- 25 Paris to Bordeaux