My husband and I are planning a trip to Germany in September to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversay. We are interested in seeing beautiful Alpine scenery, cruising down the Rhine, touring a castle (Herrenchiemsee or Linderhof ), visiting churches, eating delicious cuisine, & biking (non-strenuous). We have 20 days (including travel days). I am on over-load and still haven't finalized anything. Should we fly into Frankfurt, do the Romantic Road by car, and then do Munich, Hallstatt, and end the trip flying out of Vienna.......or........fly round-trip into Munich, making side trips only in the south of Germany? Any ideas for flights or itinerary help would be greatly appreciated.
Fly into Munich or Frankfurt?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transportation in Italy - rent a car or stick to trains?
- 2 Germany for 3 weeks
- 3 "Chip" Credit Cards in Italy
- 4 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 5 rail pass
- 6 anticipating Italian autostrada traffic in July to catch ferry
- 7 Switzerland Trip with Family
- 8 Dolce Far Niente....the sweetness of doing nothing (well almost) in Paris
- 9 Napoli Centrale: Luggage/Storage Lockers?
- 10 Multi-Generational Great Britain Tour
- 11 A guide to Madrid
- 12 UK and Belgium 20 days with 2 kids ( 6 years old and 7 years old girls)
- 13 I´ve resurrected an old blog on the Basque Country
- 14 2000 years, 2 countries, 2 passports: Rome & Madrid, Jan. 2015
- 15 What to see between Budapest and Salzburg
- 16 Renting an apt.
- 17 Need help on almost 3 weeks in Ireland: itinerary
- 18 English Stately Homes and Castle
- 19 Zurich and other cities to visit?
- 20 Comments on Iceland Itinerary Please
- 21 WiFi on trains
- 22 4 weeks by rail starting Rome
- 23 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 24 Valencia, Granada, Seville or Malaga ????
- 25 10 day itinerary in Puglia