My husband and I are planning a trip to Germany in September to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversay. We are interested in seeing beautiful Alpine scenery, cruising down the Rhine, touring a castle (Herrenchiemsee or Linderhof ), visiting churches, eating delicious cuisine, & biking (non-strenuous). We have 20 days (including travel days). I am on over-load and still haven't finalized anything. Should we fly into Frankfurt, do the Romantic Road by car, and then do Munich, Hallstatt, and end the trip flying out of Vienna.......or........fly round-trip into Munich, making side trips only in the south of Germany? Any ideas for flights or itinerary help would be greatly appreciated.
Fly into Munich or Frankfurt?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice - boats on canals
- 2 Solo trip to Sicily in December
- 3 Ghent or Paris?
- 4 Spain trip, 11 cities in 17 days? Please help with itinerary
- 5 Which area in Venice for 3 nights
- 6 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 7 great restaurant choice for normandy
- 8 Flat in London -- South Lambeth or Paddington?
- 9 I was (partially) wrong about debit cards vs. cash
- 10 Paris -> Berlin - What's the cheapest mode of transportation?
- 11 Greece Travel Planning for 2015
- 12 Local nomad apt rentals-can anyone recommend (or not)? Rome
- 13 London hotel tax is 20%
- 14 Do trains run past midnight???
- 15 U.S. Citizen visiting Sweden for first time and I have two questions
- 16 Barcelona December 26, 2014 thru January 1, 2015
- 17 Where to go for 3 nights in northern Italy
- 18 Forma Urbis Fragments in Capitoline Museum?
- 19 Paul Bocuse restaurant in Lyon
- 20 Need suggestions for 5 days Italy trip
- 21 Hotel recommendations for family of four (kids: 15, 12)
- 22 There's no Place Like London: Part 1
- 23 Piedmont - Scenic Drive
- 24 Your favorite restaurants in Milan, please
- 25 Warsaw for the week-end / language question