My husband and I are planning a trip to Germany in September to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversay. We are interested in seeing beautiful Alpine scenery, cruising down the Rhine, touring a castle (Herrenchiemsee or Linderhof ), visiting churches, eating delicious cuisine, & biking (non-strenuous). We have 20 days (including travel days). I am on over-load and still haven't finalized anything. Should we fly into Frankfurt, do the Romantic Road by car, and then do Munich, Hallstatt, and end the trip flying out of Vienna.......or........fly round-trip into Munich, making side trips only in the south of Germany? Any ideas for flights or itinerary help would be greatly appreciated.
Fly into Munich or Frankfurt?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Question about Liberation Day in the Netherlands
- 2 Olive Oil
- 3 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 4 Itinerary for Germany, Italy and Austria
- 5 30 day Multi-Country Europe Trip in June- PLEASE HELP WITH ITINERARY!!!
- 6 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 7 Paris GTG 10/1-10/8?
- 8 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 9 Cell phones- London and Paris
- 10 french riviera
- 11 Where to visit prior to Norway/Iceland trip?
- 12 Airport advice- from NYC to French Alps, then onto Provence
- 13 Norway and maybe Denmark
- 14 Chinese Tourists in Paris: Not Always Happy
- 15 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 16 Question about Madrid to Toledo
- 17 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 18 Is it worth driving around Southern Tuscany if we don't drink wine?
- 19 Transport Advice - Heathrow to Kings Cross St/Clink78
- 20 Stockholm - airport to city during a layover?
- 21 Romania driving itinerary help needed
- 22 Rome, and Eastern Europe by older single woman
- 23 Romania driving itinerary help needed
- 24 French 2015 summer school vacation
- 25 Family of 4 considering living abroad for 1 or 2 years. Advice?