My husband and I are planning a trip to Germany in September to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversay. We are interested in seeing beautiful Alpine scenery, cruising down the Rhine, touring a castle (Herrenchiemsee or Linderhof ), visiting churches, eating delicious cuisine, & biking (non-strenuous). We have 20 days (including travel days). I am on over-load and still haven't finalized anything. Should we fly into Frankfurt, do the Romantic Road by car, and then do Munich, Hallstatt, and end the trip flying out of Vienna.......or........fly round-trip into Munich, making side trips only in the south of Germany? Any ideas for flights or itinerary help would be greatly appreciated.
Fly into Munich or Frankfurt?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 day break from London: Edinburgh, Dublin, Luxembourg, Paris, York?
- 2 Sardinia, near Olbia
- 3 going to italy
- 4 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 5 Determing Location of FIRST BIG TRIP - Where do go in Italy?
- 6 Moving to Bayswater (London) - How is the neighborhood?
- 7 2 full days in Strasbourg - need advise on what tours to take
- 8 Mailing prescription meds to France?
- 9 Good Flamenco in Seville
- 10 Self-driving tips for France
- 11 Stay in Bayeux or Honfleur
- 12 Rioja in one day on way to Basque
- 13 Guesthouses in Dublin
- 14 Beer baths, bears and bespoke cocktails in the Beskydy mountains.
- 15 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 16 Saint Malo or Dinan?
- 17 Playing Basketball in Amsterdam
- 18 Question on trip (Travelling to different countries)
- 19 Getting to Bruges from Antwerp cruise port
- 20 Stay away from EF Tours
- 21 How can I organize my own Language Exchange trip Abroad
- 22 A week in the South of France Sept 2014
- 23 Mozart - Salzburg or Vienna?
- 24 Iceland - Rent Car or take Bus?
- 25 Posting from Siena-ATM emergency! Help needed!