My husband and I are planning a trip to Germany in September to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversay. We are interested in seeing beautiful Alpine scenery, cruising down the Rhine, touring a castle (Herrenchiemsee or Linderhof ), visiting churches, eating delicious cuisine, & biking (non-strenuous). We have 20 days (including travel days). I am on over-load and still haven't finalized anything. Should we fly into Frankfurt, do the Romantic Road by car, and then do Munich, Hallstatt, and end the trip flying out of Vienna.......or........fly round-trip into Munich, making side trips only in the south of Germany? Any ideas for flights or itinerary help would be greatly appreciated.
Fly into Munich or Frankfurt?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Possible Italy and Paris Itinerary - any thoughts?
- 2 proposed two week Greece itinerary
- 3 September Trip to Normandy/Brittany/Paris
- 4 How Well-Traveled Are You?
- 5 Better to rent a car in Venice or Padua?
- 6 The Tweesters take a trip to BiH, Croatia and Slovenia
- 7 DVD players in France
- 8 2 Nights in the Pyrenees: Driving Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 9 Ireland with Kids in March - itinerary help
- 10 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 11 Greek Pelion....Homebase? Nice Accommodation?
- 12 Train from Sarlat
- 13 Trains
- 14 Help Please with itinerary between Pisa and Milan in Sept/Oct.
- 15 Mâché aux Puces from Garibaldi metro
- 16 Naples vs Sorrento
- 17 Cinque Terre trails
- 18 Easiest way to get from San Sebastian to Toulouse or Brive in France
- 19 Tedgale trip report: One glorious week in London, February, 2015
- 20 Paris Bastille Day
- 21 ATM cards in Spain - need chip or not?
- 22 Oh no more disruption planned for Spanish airports 2015
- 23 Itinerary Help- 12 day trip to Munich, Salzburg, Vienna and Prague
- 24 Liverpool to London
- 25 Spain 6 weeks itinerary help