My husband and I are planning a trip to Germany in September to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversay. We are interested in seeing beautiful Alpine scenery, cruising down the Rhine, touring a castle (Herrenchiemsee or Linderhof ), visiting churches, eating delicious cuisine, & biking (non-strenuous). We have 20 days (including travel days). I am on over-load and still haven't finalized anything. Should we fly into Frankfurt, do the Romantic Road by car, and then do Munich, Hallstatt, and end the trip flying out of Vienna.......or........fly round-trip into Munich, making side trips only in the south of Germany? Any ideas for flights or itinerary help would be greatly appreciated.
Fly into Munich or Frankfurt?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe Tour with Kids
- 2 Has anyone every used a company called Portugal Trails
- 3 St Germain
- 4 What do you think of this Paris apartment rental?
- 5 Is this the right way<>?
- 6 Rome Areas to stay
- 7 22 days or DIY tour
- 8 Italy - Month of July
- 9 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 10 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 11 Vicenza and Padua (Palladian villas) without a car
- 12 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights
- 13 Swiss lakes with elderly relatives
- 14 England & Scotland in April
- 15 Your favourite places in Bath
- 16 17days Italy itinerary for Dec
- 17 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 18 Have you recently visited Copenhagen?
- 19 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 20 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 21 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 22 Shipping Prosecco
- 23 Venice Day Trip--Leave on 7:30 pm or midnight train back to Bologna?
- 24 Ways to travel from Venice to Bologna
- 25 Suggestions for places to stay on Madeira, but not Funchal? And driving?