My husband and I are planning a trip to Germany in September to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversay. We are interested in seeing beautiful Alpine scenery, cruising down the Rhine, touring a castle (Herrenchiemsee or Linderhof ), visiting churches, eating delicious cuisine, & biking (non-strenuous). We have 20 days (including travel days). I am on over-load and still haven't finalized anything. Should we fly into Frankfurt, do the Romantic Road by car, and then do Munich, Hallstatt, and end the trip flying out of Vienna.......or........fly round-trip into Munich, making side trips only in the south of Germany? Any ideas for flights or itinerary help would be greatly appreciated.
Fly into Munich or Frankfurt?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 2 Overnight stopover in London!
- 3 Location and Lodging in Amsterdam
- 4 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 5 To Paris and Provence in June
- 6 London for Christmas
- 7 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 8 Need help with picking a place to stay between Paris and Bari
- 9 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 10 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 11 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 12 Dawdling Through the Dordogne
- 13 Walking around Barcelona??
- 14 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 15 Sagrada Familia - which tower?
- 16 Novels set in Greece
- 17 Spain and Portugal
- 18 Three for the road
- 19 planning a trip to barcelona first week of Jan
- 20 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 21 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 22 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 23 Help: Lake District & Yorkshire Dales
- 24 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 25 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013