My husband and I are planning a trip to Germany in September to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversay. We are interested in seeing beautiful Alpine scenery, cruising down the Rhine, touring a castle (Herrenchiemsee or Linderhof ), visiting churches, eating delicious cuisine, & biking (non-strenuous). We have 20 days (including travel days). I am on over-load and still haven't finalized anything. Should we fly into Frankfurt, do the Romantic Road by car, and then do Munich, Hallstatt, and end the trip flying out of Vienna.......or........fly round-trip into Munich, making side trips only in the south of Germany? Any ideas for flights or itinerary help would be greatly appreciated.
Fly into Munich or Frankfurt?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Questions for my German friends
- 2 Chip but no PIN
- 3 Planning first Solo Backpacking in Europe!
- 4 What still confounds you about travel?
- 5 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 6 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 7 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 8 Help with Itinerary please!!!!
- 9 Advance Tickets Segrada Familia - Barcelona
- 10 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 11 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 12 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 13 Airport to Piraeus
- 14 Train to Airport in Venice
- 15 Puglia planning - where to base, how long to spend
- 16 Paris Travelogue (One week in June with a toddler)
- 17 Long Weekend in Lisbon - Loved it!
- 18 Honeymoon in Greece 10 days : Athen Santorini Crete
- 19 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 20 Itinerary: 13 day trip to Greece
- 21 Foie gras, redux
- 22 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 23 Dublin Tour Companies
- 24 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 25 Day trips from Seville