My husband and I are planning a trip to Germany in September to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversay. We are interested in seeing beautiful Alpine scenery, cruising down the Rhine, touring a castle (Herrenchiemsee or Linderhof ), visiting churches, eating delicious cuisine, & biking (non-strenuous). We have 20 days (including travel days). I am on over-load and still haven't finalized anything. Should we fly into Frankfurt, do the Romantic Road by car, and then do Munich, Hallstatt, and end the trip flying out of Vienna.......or........fly round-trip into Munich, making side trips only in the south of Germany? Any ideas for flights or itinerary help would be greatly appreciated.
Fly into Munich or Frankfurt?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris: Best Wine Bars
- 2 Advice for Venice/Rome Trip
- 3 Train Madrid-Granada-Seville?
- 4 Drug addict cleansing in France and Spain
- 5 Prague to Dubrovnik Itinerary Suggestions wanted
- 6 Returning Oyster card at Kings Cross rail station in London
- 7 Slow, south of france with a baby, a five year old and no driving
- 8 Inexperienced traveler trying to plan for 2 weeks in Europe!
- 9 driving from Bordeaux to Paris
- 10 Mykonos plus another Island. Which one?
- 11 From Bordeaux to Toulouse
- 12 November or October for Andalucia/Portugal?
- 13 Paris: Best Baguette of 2015
- 14 Going to Croatia for 7-9 days in early June
- 15 If you had a do-over @ Hampton Court Palace..
- 16 Car travel from Munich-Fussen-Bad Ragaz-Interlaken: Roads?
- 17 Greenwich: Tube to DLR
- 18 Spain in 17 days
- 19 Apartments in Rome you have rented and liked
- 20 April long weekend - Munich v Innsbruck v Salzburg
- 21 Germany - Garmisch-Parkenkirchen - 3 Days Itinerary Advice
- 22 Paris and Normandy Trains
- 23 Exquisite side trip from Cinque Terre?
- 24 Paris and Normandy Trains
- 25 Inverness to Edinburgh Itinerary