My husband and I are planning a trip to Germany in September to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversay. We are interested in seeing beautiful Alpine scenery, cruising down the Rhine, touring a castle (Herrenchiemsee or Linderhof ), visiting churches, eating delicious cuisine, & biking (non-strenuous). We have 20 days (including travel days). I am on over-load and still haven't finalized anything. Should we fly into Frankfurt, do the Romantic Road by car, and then do Munich, Hallstatt, and end the trip flying out of Vienna.......or........fly round-trip into Munich, making side trips only in the south of Germany? Any ideas for flights or itinerary help would be greatly appreciated.
Fly into Munich or Frankfurt?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 2 Second thoughts about Provence - help!
- 3 Where to stay family of 5 in Rome? Hotel or rental suggestions please!!
- 4 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 5 Vienna highlights
- 6 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 7 Where to stay in Rome
- 8 Estonia Amber
- 9 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience
- 10 20 days in Central Europe (female traveling solo)
- 11 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 12 Munich
- 13 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 14 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 15 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 16 Itinerary Help 10 days in Europe over Easter Week
- 17 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 18 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 19 Italy
- 20 Florence to Naples by car road trip ideas
- 21 Netherlands holiday with a 2.5 year old
- 22 October travel to Northern France--early or late?
- 23 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 24 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 25 Two days between St. Ives and London