My husband and I are planning a trip to Germany in September to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversay. We are interested in seeing beautiful Alpine scenery, cruising down the Rhine, touring a castle (Herrenchiemsee or Linderhof ), visiting churches, eating delicious cuisine, & biking (non-strenuous). We have 20 days (including travel days). I am on over-load and still haven't finalized anything. Should we fly into Frankfurt, do the Romantic Road by car, and then do Munich, Hallstatt, and end the trip flying out of Vienna.......or........fly round-trip into Munich, making side trips only in the south of Germany? Any ideas for flights or itinerary help would be greatly appreciated.
Fly into Munich or Frankfurt?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 2 Paris in black and white
- 3 Hey Fodor's
- 4 Drat! -- Always cancel credit card after European car rental
- 5 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 6 Lagos or Portimao better base to stay
- 7 Two Sisters-in-law in Italy
- 8 3.5 Weeks in Europe with no luggage
- 9 Apartment rental agencies in Barcelona
- 10 Douro cruise in last week of November?
- 11 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 12 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 13 Rome, and Eastern Europe by older single woman
- 14 Two-city, two-week vacation in late Oct
- 15 Advice please...
- 16 PLEASE HELP! Study Abroad either Rome or London for Journalism/PR Major
- 17 Drive from Granada to Seville
- 18 30 day Multi-Country Europe Trip in June- PLEASE HELP WITH ITINERARY!!!
- 19 More questions about Swiss rail system and the Bernina Express?
- 20 Pontresina to Tirano by Train
- 21 Wineries open on Saturdays in October
- 22 Help us plan our first trip to Italy
- 23 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria
- 24 Globus Tour Highlights of Britain & Ireland
- 25 Restaurants/cafes in Paris still open after 10pm?