My husband and I are planning a trip to Germany in September to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversay. We are interested in seeing beautiful Alpine scenery, cruising down the Rhine, touring a castle (Herrenchiemsee or Linderhof ), visiting churches, eating delicious cuisine, & biking (non-strenuous). We have 20 days (including travel days). I am on over-load and still haven't finalized anything. Should we fly into Frankfurt, do the Romantic Road by car, and then do Munich, Hallstatt, and end the trip flying out of Vienna.......or........fly round-trip into Munich, making side trips only in the south of Germany? Any ideas for flights or itinerary help would be greatly appreciated.
Fly into Munich or Frankfurt?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Airport ATMs
- 2 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 3 All Set To Go!!
- 4 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 5 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 6 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 7 16 Nights in Canary Islands & Spain
- 8 Story of the German Christmas star
- 9 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 10 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 11 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 12 Three ferries to Mull
- 13 Driving from Portree to Torridon
- 14 Annecy city-center, long-and-short term parking, 24-hour access.
- 15 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 16 driving in france with kids
- 17 Southern Spain
- 18 Glasgow - Scotland sans shorbread, bagpipes and kilts.
- 19 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 20 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 21 Trenitalia - What am I missing ??
- 22 Europe Sojurn on Way to India - Paris..PLUS
- 23 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 24 Dordogne or Nantes and La Rochelle
- 25 Another Walks of Italy question. Vatican tours. Have you taken one?