My husband and I are planning a trip to Germany in September to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversay. We are interested in seeing beautiful Alpine scenery, cruising down the Rhine, touring a castle (Herrenchiemsee or Linderhof ), visiting churches, eating delicious cuisine, & biking (non-strenuous). We have 20 days (including travel days). I am on over-load and still haven't finalized anything. Should we fly into Frankfurt, do the Romantic Road by car, and then do Munich, Hallstatt, and end the trip flying out of Vienna.......or........fly round-trip into Munich, making side trips only in the south of Germany? Any ideas for flights or itinerary help would be greatly appreciated.
Fly into Munich or Frankfurt?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 2 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 3 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 4 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 5 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 6 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 7 Naxos in May
- 8 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 9 Learning Polish: "No, you can't have my cat"
- 10 20 days in Germany
- 11 Portugal Alentejo's cante
- 12 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 13 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 14 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 15 help regarding removal firm in london
- 16 Dresden or Leipzig
- 17 A photo report on Reykjavik, Iceland
- 18 Transfer from Linate to Bellagio
- 19 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 20 Avignon to Bordeaux by Train
- 21 Trains in Italy
- 22 South of France November Trip Report
- 23 Suggestions for Scandinavian Movies, Radio and Music. Can you help?
- 24 Amazon 50% off sale on Rosetta Stone German
- 25 Tips for Chamonix in June?