My husband and I are planning a trip to Germany in September to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversay. We are interested in seeing beautiful Alpine scenery, cruising down the Rhine, touring a castle (Herrenchiemsee or Linderhof ), visiting churches, eating delicious cuisine, & biking (non-strenuous). We have 20 days (including travel days). I am on over-load and still haven't finalized anything. Should we fly into Frankfurt, do the Romantic Road by car, and then do Munich, Hallstatt, and end the trip flying out of Vienna.......or........fly round-trip into Munich, making side trips only in the south of Germany? Any ideas for flights or itinerary help would be greatly appreciated.
Fly into Munich or Frankfurt?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 2 Getting from London to Southhampton
- 3 Day trips from Seville
- 4 Airport to Piraeus
- 5 SmartPhone Europe to USA
- 6 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 7 Honeymoon in Greece 10 days : Athen Santorini Crete
- 8 Rent a villa in Crete or Not?
- 9 storing luggage for 10 days in Paris?
- 10 What time does Left-Luggage lockers open at Gare Du Nord??
- 11 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 12 How Do I call the US from Italy?
- 13 Paris - Cochem - Cologne - Paris
- 14 7 Nights in Paris
- 15 Crete or Mallorca? Where to go?
- 16 Experiences with spanish tour operator Iberica Travel?
- 17 How to split nine days on Crete?
- 18 Day Trip from Paris? Versailles - go or no? Other ideas . . .
- 19 Best cheap airport hotel/hostel in Madrid?
- 20 Mallorca, Menorca, Ibiza - 1 week. Seeking lodging, itinerary suggestions.
- 21 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 22 Riga 2014
- 23 Albania by bus in 10 days??
- 24 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 25 What area of Berlin is best for a first time visitor?