My husband and I are planning a trip to Germany in September to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversay. We are interested in seeing beautiful Alpine scenery, cruising down the Rhine, touring a castle (Herrenchiemsee or Linderhof ), visiting churches, eating delicious cuisine, & biking (non-strenuous). We have 20 days (including travel days). I am on over-load and still haven't finalized anything. Should we fly into Frankfurt, do the Romantic Road by car, and then do Munich, Hallstatt, and end the trip flying out of Vienna.......or........fly round-trip into Munich, making side trips only in the south of Germany? Any ideas for flights or itinerary help would be greatly appreciated.
Fly into Munich or Frankfurt?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 2 Hotel or Apartment Hotel for 2 adults + 2 children (7 and 12)
- 3 Swiss rail passes
- 4 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 5 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 6 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014
- 7 Discover Greece On Line (Video + Stills)
- 8 please help with itinerary in sicily
- 9 Augsburg with kids
- 10 train to Vernon France
- 11 Car service w/ baby car seat: London & Paris
- 12 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 13 Hotel in Venice
- 14 Florence to Siena May 1st
- 15 Getting married planning 6-8 week honeymoon in Europe & need YOUR advice!
- 16 A drive in Europe
- 17 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 18 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 19 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 20 Rental Car Reservation via Ireland site or American site?
- 21 Non touristy restaurants in Budapest and prague
- 22 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 23 Anyone stayed in Podere Spedalone?
- 24 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 25 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish