My husband and I are planning a trip to Germany in September to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversay. We are interested in seeing beautiful Alpine scenery, cruising down the Rhine, touring a castle (Herrenchiemsee or Linderhof ), visiting churches, eating delicious cuisine, & biking (non-strenuous). We have 20 days (including travel days). I am on over-load and still haven't finalized anything. Should we fly into Frankfurt, do the Romantic Road by car, and then do Munich, Hallstatt, and end the trip flying out of Vienna.......or........fly round-trip into Munich, making side trips only in the south of Germany? Any ideas for flights or itinerary help would be greatly appreciated.
Fly into Munich or Frankfurt?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Camino No-No
- 2 Ireland train system: first class??
- 3 10 nights in Southern Spain: Itinerary & Questions
- 4 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 5 First Full Day in Vienna
- 5 How to order free Lebara SIM card from the U.S.?
- 6 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 2 Easter Sunday London
- 7 Satisfying sweet tooth in Scotland
- 8 Minimum age to rent a hotel or hostel room
- 9 apartment
- 10 Athens, Greece, hotel recommendations
- 11 travel insurance
- 12 Taxi from CDG to Paris for 4. Cost?
- 13 Best way to tour Sicily?
- 14 Student with no visa: Will I be denied re-entry into Germany???
- 15 Anciet Brits Were Cannibals
- 16 Train tickets and Theatre tickets: how far in advance to book?
- 17 Powerscourt OR Glendalough?
- 18 London and nearby suggestions
- 19 Brighton-bath Uk
- 20 Suggestions for a week in Europe
- 21 Southeast Sicily for 10 days
- 22 Help! Overwhelmed by Italy Trip Planning
- 23 Madrid
- 24 Logistics for Rental Car in Spain
- 25 SIM cards in Italy,Germany, Austria, & Czech Republic