My husband and I are planning a trip to Germany in September to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversay. We are interested in seeing beautiful Alpine scenery, cruising down the Rhine, touring a castle (Herrenchiemsee or Linderhof ), visiting churches, eating delicious cuisine, & biking (non-strenuous). We have 20 days (including travel days). I am on over-load and still haven't finalized anything. Should we fly into Frankfurt, do the Romantic Road by car, and then do Munich, Hallstatt, and end the trip flying out of Vienna.......or........fly round-trip into Munich, making side trips only in the south of Germany? Any ideas for flights or itinerary help would be greatly appreciated.
Fly into Munich or Frankfurt?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland or Scotland
- 2 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 3 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 4 Autumn in Paris
- 5 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 6 Weekend in Norfolk
- 7 Athens at New Years
- 8 Christmas Eve and Day in Munich
- 9 Your Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe?
- 10 Visiting Mostar, Bosnia and Kotor, Montenegro from Croatia
- 11 Cotswold Churches
- 12 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 13 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 14 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy
- 15 Anyone used the new airline La Compagnie
- 16 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 17 How much time in Amsterdam?
- 18 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 19 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 20 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 21 Ireland: Which region and where to go? (1st timer)
- 22 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 23 London Trip Travel
- 24 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 25 I dream of Europe