My husband and I are planning a trip to Germany in September to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversay. We are interested in seeing beautiful Alpine scenery, cruising down the Rhine, touring a castle (Herrenchiemsee or Linderhof ), visiting churches, eating delicious cuisine, & biking (non-strenuous). We have 20 days (including travel days). I am on over-load and still haven't finalized anything. Should we fly into Frankfurt, do the Romantic Road by car, and then do Munich, Hallstatt, and end the trip flying out of Vienna.......or........fly round-trip into Munich, making side trips only in the south of Germany? Any ideas for flights or itinerary help would be greatly appreciated.
Fly into Munich or Frankfurt?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Moving to Belfast
- 2 Luggage sizing
- 3 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 4 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 5 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 6 Winter honeymoon - Switzerland? Italian Alps? Other?
- 7 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 8 London during Christmas week
- 9 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 10 Arriving Boxing Day London
- 11 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family
- 12 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 13 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 14 ParisScope: Will City Stand for a New Tour Montparnasse?
- 15 Visiting Europe in April 2015
- 16 2 week trip - Amsterdam - Berlin - Munich -Prague
- 17 Eleanor's Pages
- 18 LIVIGNO - Ski School
- 19 Paris in January: 2 Days
- 20 2 Weeks in Switzerland in December
- 21 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 22 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 23 NO use of the Wheeled- Suitcases allowed in Venice!! Fine: 500 Euros!!
- 24 European Geography Quiz - #1 - Longest Rivers?
- 25 yk's Trip Report - 11 days of Art Nouveau in Vienna & Budapest Spring 2009