My husband and I are planning a trip to Germany in September to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversay. We are interested in seeing beautiful Alpine scenery, cruising down the Rhine, touring a castle (Herrenchiemsee or Linderhof ), visiting churches, eating delicious cuisine, & biking (non-strenuous). We have 20 days (including travel days). I am on over-load and still haven't finalized anything. Should we fly into Frankfurt, do the Romantic Road by car, and then do Munich, Hallstatt, and end the trip flying out of Vienna.......or........fly round-trip into Munich, making side trips only in the south of Germany? Any ideas for flights or itinerary help would be greatly appreciated.
Fly into Munich or Frankfurt?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Chambermaid tipping
- 2 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 3 River cruises
- 4 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 5 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 6 7 days in Andalucia
- 7 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 8 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 9 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 10 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 11 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 12 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 13 Week in Interlaken at end of February
- 14 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 15 Switzerland up close...360 views
- 16 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 17 Euro Train
- 18 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 19 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 20 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 21 London for Christmas
- 22 Belgium
- 23 Navigo Decouverte
- 24 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 25 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days