A friend and I are traveling to Italy in September for roughly 1 month. We have our itinerary slowly coming together, but we are stuck on how to utilize our time in the Florence area. We have about 1 week, half of which we plan to see the city and all it has to offer, the other half we wanted to see more of the countryside. We will not be able to rent a car so that option is out.
We are not completely sure where all we want to visit in the Tuscany area, but, Chianti, Siena, and Lucca have been recommended so far.
We want to see the hillside and natural beauty, along with getting as many wine tasting/vineyards in as we can! We were looking at a few places to stay outside of the city, but got a little worried about getting to and from without our own form of transportation. We are also interested in any hiking/trails that could be recommended.
We are not opposed to staying in Florence and making day trips, so if anyone has recommendations on tour guides, or how to see more in one day, we are all ears!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 2 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 3 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 4 Affordable 1 year French courses in France? Recommendations?
- 5 London: Travel Alert for Kings Cross Station!
- 6 'Brellies on "Standby." Dublin!
- 7 How many nights in Verona and Bologna?
- 8 Andalucia itinerary help
- 9 Cornwall Advice
- 10 Paris with a toddler and a baby
- 11 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 12 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 13 Nafplio to Hydra
- 14 Via del Sale, Italy
- 15 New York Kennedy to Rome Fiumicino Airport Terminals Clarification
- 16 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 17 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 18 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 19 Looking for suggestions car trip starting Amsterdam to nice
- 20 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 21 Well with itinerary North East Italy (again please!)
- 22 Acorn TV and Whatsapp
- 23 Six Days on the Road in Ireland...Ideas?
- 24 "Never Mind"
- 25 Connecting flight time in Europe