A friend and I are traveling to Italy in September for roughly 1 month. We have our itinerary slowly coming together, but we are stuck on how to utilize our time in the Florence area. We have about 1 week, half of which we plan to see the city and all it has to offer, the other half we wanted to see more of the countryside. We will not be able to rent a car so that option is out.
We are not completely sure where all we want to visit in the Tuscany area, but, Chianti, Siena, and Lucca have been recommended so far.
We want to see the hillside and natural beauty, along with getting as many wine tasting/vineyards in as we can! We were looking at a few places to stay outside of the city, but got a little worried about getting to and from without our own form of transportation. We are also interested in any hiking/trails that could be recommended.
We are not opposed to staying in Florence and making day trips, so if anyone has recommendations on tour guides, or how to see more in one day, we are all ears!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AVG@ Installation renewal CONTACT ☎18006817208 AVG Tec*h supp0rt 24/7
- 2 Italy Car Scam
- 3 Which car rental company to use in Croatia?
- 4 Ireland - 1 Week Options
- 5 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 6 9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?
- 7 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 8 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 9 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 10 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 11 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 12 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 13 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 14 Quizz !
- 15 Spanish Medical Providers
- 16 Iceland
- 17 Venice/Mestre
- 18 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 19 Our future trip to Greece
- 20 Russia in two weeks in December
- 21 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 22 Christmas Day in Granada
- 23 car insurance italy
- 24 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 25 Liberation of Auschwitz 70 years ago