A friend and I are traveling to Italy in September for roughly 1 month. We have our itinerary slowly coming together, but we are stuck on how to utilize our time in the Florence area. We have about 1 week, half of which we plan to see the city and all it has to offer, the other half we wanted to see more of the countryside. We will not be able to rent a car so that option is out.
We are not completely sure where all we want to visit in the Tuscany area, but, Chianti, Siena, and Lucca have been recommended so far.
We want to see the hillside and natural beauty, along with getting as many wine tasting/vineyards in as we can! We were looking at a few places to stay outside of the city, but got a little worried about getting to and from without our own form of transportation. We are also interested in any hiking/trails that could be recommended.
We are not opposed to staying in Florence and making day trips, so if anyone has recommendations on tour guides, or how to see more in one day, we are all ears!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas - New Year Holiday
- 2 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 3 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 4 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 5 3nights in Venice
- 6 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 7 multi city flights to europe
- 8 Europe itinerary questions
- 9 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 10 Earthquake near Naples
- 11 Munich itinerary review
- 12 13 nights in switzerland
- 13 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 14 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 15 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 16 Football Tickets - Athens
- 17 where to stay between Salamanca and Zaragoza?
- 18 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 19 Salzburg itinerary review
- 20 Positano or Sorrento?
- 21 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 22 3 nights in the 10th Paris
- 23 Globus Iberian Tour
- 24 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 25 Paris in November