A friend and I are traveling to Italy in September for roughly 1 month. We have our itinerary slowly coming together, but we are stuck on how to utilize our time in the Florence area. We have about 1 week, half of which we plan to see the city and all it has to offer, the other half we wanted to see more of the countryside. We will not be able to rent a car so that option is out.
We are not completely sure where all we want to visit in the Tuscany area, but, Chianti, Siena, and Lucca have been recommended so far.
We want to see the hillside and natural beauty, along with getting as many wine tasting/vineyards in as we can! We were looking at a few places to stay outside of the city, but got a little worried about getting to and from without our own form of transportation. We are also interested in any hiking/trails that could be recommended.
We are not opposed to staying in Florence and making day trips, so if anyone has recommendations on tour guides, or how to see more in one day, we are all ears!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London is it worth it?
- 2 Montserrat Express
- 3 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 4 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 5 International drivers permit
- 6 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 7 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 8 Places to stop/stay?
- 9 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 10 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 11 transportation from De Gaulle airport
- 12 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 13 Croatia, Montenegro, Slovenia Itinerary July
- 14 ATM help
- 15 Stockholm 5.5 days
- 16 Best Masseria in Puglia
- 17 Visit to Sardinia
- 18 Car Rentals in Ireland
- 19 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 20 Advice on 1 day trip to Black Forest
- 21 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 22 6 days in Stockholm - itinerary, questions
- 23 Help me make this possible!
- 24 Croatia Intinerary August 2017
- 25 Road Trip - Ireland, Scotland and England