A friend and I are traveling to Italy in September for roughly 1 month. We have our itinerary slowly coming together, but we are stuck on how to utilize our time in the Florence area. We have about 1 week, half of which we plan to see the city and all it has to offer, the other half we wanted to see more of the countryside. We will not be able to rent a car so that option is out.
We are not completely sure where all we want to visit in the Tuscany area, but, Chianti, Siena, and Lucca have been recommended so far.
We want to see the hillside and natural beauty, along with getting as many wine tasting/vineyards in as we can! We were looking at a few places to stay outside of the city, but got a little worried about getting to and from without our own form of transportation. We are also interested in any hiking/trails that could be recommended.
We are not opposed to staying in Florence and making day trips, so if anyone has recommendations on tour guides, or how to see more in one day, we are all ears!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 DELL@ printer ErrOrs CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h CAre 24/7
- 2 토토총판 총판토토 ♣kakao: BL45★텔레그램 : kor7m★
- 3 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 4 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 5 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 6 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 7 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 8 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 9 Madrird and Seville
- 10 Greece
- 11 Ludwig Castles
- 12 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 13 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 14 Lake Como AREA questions
- 15 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 16 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 17 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 18 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 19 Help on ancient history route
- 20 2 weeks Croatia Itinerary - Doable??
- 21 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 22 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 23 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 24 Iceland
- 25 Spain - day driver advice