My wife and I are starting to plan for a trip to Italy and south of France in June 2016. We traveled to France last year and stayed in Paris and Burgundy and it was an amazing trip. We had planned to do south of France as well but decided it would be too much for our first trip to Europe. That being said, we are hoping to squeeze in some time in south of France this trip. Here are my thoughts at the very beginning stages of planning:
Fly to Florence June 24 arrive June 25
3 nights in Florence
2 nights in Tuscany
1 night in Piedmont (to break up travel)
3 nights Nice
I love wine and I really want to spend some time in Tuscany. I am not set on the Piedmont region and have only included it to break up the travel from Florence to Nice.
Does this plan make sense or are trying to do too much? Would it make sense to skip Piedmont entirely and add a nigh in Tuscany and a night in Nice? Is there another stop on the way to Nice that would make more sense?
Thanks for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 2 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 3 VAT refund transferring through CDG
- 4 Spanish Medical Providers
- 5 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 6 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 7 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 8 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 9 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 10 Driving through Paris
- 11 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 12 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 13 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 14 San Sebastián
- 15 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 16 italy Cinque Terre
- 17 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 18 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 19 Can parking
- 20 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 21 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 22 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 23 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 24 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 25 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna