My wife and I are starting to plan for a trip to Italy and south of France in June 2016. We traveled to France last year and stayed in Paris and Burgundy and it was an amazing trip. We had planned to do south of France as well but decided it would be too much for our first trip to Europe. That being said, we are hoping to squeeze in some time in south of France this trip. Here are my thoughts at the very beginning stages of planning:
Fly to Florence June 24 arrive June 25
3 nights in Florence
2 nights in Tuscany
1 night in Piedmont (to break up travel)
3 nights Nice
I love wine and I really want to spend some time in Tuscany. I am not set on the Piedmont region and have only included it to break up the travel from Florence to Nice.
Does this plan make sense or are trying to do too much? Would it make sense to skip Piedmont entirely and add a nigh in Tuscany and a night in Nice? Is there another stop on the way to Nice that would make more sense?
Thanks for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Airports in France - help with transport between them
- 2 Italy apps or guidebooks
- 3 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 4 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 5 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 6 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 7 A few more questions about Brittany
- 8 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 9 Where to stay outsiiide of Florence
- 10 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 11 Late December in eastern France / western Germany—where to go?
- 12 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 13 Greece or Spain in late November - December with a baby
- 14 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 15 Greece mainland and islands for 3 weeks
- 16 Madrid & Andalusia in 6 days??
- 17 4 days each in London and Paris
- 18 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 19 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 20 Switzerland in September
- 21 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 22 To drive a rental around the Amalfi Coast or just use public transport....
- 23 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 24 Positano or Sorrento?
- 25 Paris in November