My wife and I are starting to plan for a trip to Italy and south of France in June 2016. We traveled to France last year and stayed in Paris and Burgundy and it was an amazing trip. We had planned to do south of France as well but decided it would be too much for our first trip to Europe. That being said, we are hoping to squeeze in some time in south of France this trip. Here are my thoughts at the very beginning stages of planning:
Fly to Florence June 24 arrive June 25
3 nights in Florence
2 nights in Tuscany
1 night in Piedmont (to break up travel)
3 nights Nice
I love wine and I really want to spend some time in Tuscany. I am not set on the Piedmont region and have only included it to break up the travel from Florence to Nice.
Does this plan make sense or are trying to do too much? Would it make sense to skip Piedmont entirely and add a nigh in Tuscany and a night in Nice? Is there another stop on the way to Nice that would make more sense?
Thanks for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 Days in Bernese Oberland
- 2 Western/Central Europe Itinerary help
- 3 Need help with my itinerary
- 4 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 5 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 6 Transpennine Express-Ticket/No Seat Res
- 7 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 8 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 9 France is losing the core of its historic provincial towns
- 10 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 11 Killarney
- 12 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 13 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 14 12-14 nights enough ?
- 15 5 days northern spain, help us !
- 16 Salon de l’Agriculture in Paris: foods, cows, orchid and Swissman
- 17 Spending Money for a 30 day trip
- 18 Bring US appliances to Germany?
- 19 Greek Islands - Should we rent a car on Mykonos and Santorini?
- 20 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 21 Prague and Budapest
- 22 Am i too dark to visit russia? Picture
- 23 Berlin, Germany
- 24 Where to go in Warsaw and Krakow?
- 25 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....