My wife and I are starting to plan for a trip to Italy and south of France in June 2016. We traveled to France last year and stayed in Paris and Burgundy and it was an amazing trip. We had planned to do south of France as well but decided it would be too much for our first trip to Europe. That being said, we are hoping to squeeze in some time in south of France this trip. Here are my thoughts at the very beginning stages of planning:
Fly to Florence June 24 arrive June 25
3 nights in Florence
2 nights in Tuscany
1 night in Piedmont (to break up travel)
3 nights Nice
I love wine and I really want to spend some time in Tuscany. I am not set on the Piedmont region and have only included it to break up the travel from Florence to Nice.
Does this plan make sense or are trying to do too much? Would it make sense to skip Piedmont entirely and add a nigh in Tuscany and a night in Nice? Is there another stop on the way to Nice that would make more sense?
Thanks for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 2 Italy Sept 26-Oct 6 2017
- 3 Trek through Eur
- 4 Croatia Itinerary Help
- 5 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 6 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 7 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 8 Paris hotels
- 9 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 10 Roma Pass
- 11 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 12 Budapest in December 2017
- 13 Amsterdam hotels
- 14 Denmark or Sweden?
- 15 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 16 Europe itinerary questions
- 17 London Hotels
- 18 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 19 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 20 We're here!
- 21 Has anyone rented from Allinclusive! Rent a Car ?
- 22 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 23 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 24 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 25 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris