We have a trip planned in early October to Italy to the above locations.
Florence 2 nights
Tuscany 4 nights
Bologna 2 nights
I am just trying to figure out the Tuscany side of our trip & need some help. We are wanting to hire a car for the duration of our stay in Tuscany, my thoughts were to pick it up in Lucca (first stop) and then drive to Bologna and drop off there, first of all - what is the most scenic route to Bologna and is it worth the drive or would drop the car in Tuscany and train up?
Secondly - we have 4 days in Tuscany, a little bit of planning is required but really we just want to jump in the car each day and see where we end up, and this means booking the accom each night as we go...good idea or bad idea? should we just choose a base and pre-book? if so where is a nice spot to base ourselves.
The main towns/cities we want to see are:
and all the smaller towns in between.......once we are there I guess we will decide on how long we spend there, a day or overnight etc, or move on to the next spot.
My concern is we may find ourselves wasting time searching for accom if we don't book in advance? Also is it easy enough to park in the main towns?
Thanks in advance, any advice would be appreciated. Travelling with fiance, both mid 30's.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rue des Rosiers
- 2 Paris, France
- 3 Suggestions for base in the Var
- 4 sfo to europe
- 5 Help with final 6 days of Norway itinerary
- 6 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 7 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 8 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 9 A Walk in Tuscany, New Places to Discover, & A Life Time of memories
- 10 Troyes or Colmar around Christmas?
- 11 Interested in Icelandic cuisine?
- 12 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 13 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 14 Help with Scotland itinerary
- 15 Take your time to see San Gimignano
- 16 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 17 Italy museum tickets
- 18 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 19 What one thing in Paris?
- 20 First Day: Cashel or Kilkenny?
- 21 A couple of questions which are not quite answered
- 22 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 23 Honeymoon in Greece & Norway April/May 2016
- 24 Help with air/train logistics in U.K.!
- 25 Paris for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve