We have a trip planned in early October to Italy to the above locations.
Florence 2 nights
Tuscany 4 nights
Bologna 2 nights
I am just trying to figure out the Tuscany side of our trip & need some help. We are wanting to hire a car for the duration of our stay in Tuscany, my thoughts were to pick it up in Lucca (first stop) and then drive to Bologna and drop off there, first of all - what is the most scenic route to Bologna and is it worth the drive or would drop the car in Tuscany and train up?
Secondly - we have 4 days in Tuscany, a little bit of planning is required but really we just want to jump in the car each day and see where we end up, and this means booking the accom each night as we go...good idea or bad idea? should we just choose a base and pre-book? if so where is a nice spot to base ourselves.
The main towns/cities we want to see are:
and all the smaller towns in between.......once we are there I guess we will decide on how long we spend there, a day or overnight etc, or move on to the next spot.
My concern is we may find ourselves wasting time searching for accom if we don't book in advance? Also is it easy enough to park in the main towns?
Thanks in advance, any advice would be appreciated. Travelling with fiance, both mid 30's.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Beaches in Southern France
- 2 Earthquake, so sad for Italy
- 3 3 days to spend in europe
- 4 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 5 What am I missing: Amsterdam
- 6 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 7 Celebrity Reflection Greek Island Cruise
- 8 4 days in London worth the jetlag?
- 9 Barcelona completely overrated
- 10 Italy - Car Rental - CDW's and Insurance
- 11 Europe Sim card help
- 12 3 weeks - Helsinki-Tallinn-Riga-Vilnius - Aug/Sept.
- 13 A Vote for Malta: Most Rude.
- 14 Spanish leather -- women's leather vest
- 15 Local markets in Italy
- 16 Tours For Young Professionals Other Than Contiki
- 17 Europe 27 days trip, HELP!
- 18 http://www.trypromusclefit.com/exoslim-garcinia-cambogia/
- 19 Italy, transport from Assiso to Cita di castello
- 20 Guides - Matera
- 21 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 22 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 23 England and Wales by public transport
- 24 Buying flowers in London?
- 25 First visit to France/Dordogne