We have a trip planned in early October to Italy to the above locations.
Florence 2 nights
Tuscany 4 nights
Bologna 2 nights
I am just trying to figure out the Tuscany side of our trip & need some help. We are wanting to hire a car for the duration of our stay in Tuscany, my thoughts were to pick it up in Lucca (first stop) and then drive to Bologna and drop off there, first of all - what is the most scenic route to Bologna and is it worth the drive or would drop the car in Tuscany and train up?
Secondly - we have 4 days in Tuscany, a little bit of planning is required but really we just want to jump in the car each day and see where we end up, and this means booking the accom each night as we go...good idea or bad idea? should we just choose a base and pre-book? if so where is a nice spot to base ourselves.
The main towns/cities we want to see are:
and all the smaller towns in between.......once we are there I guess we will decide on how long we spend there, a day or overnight etc, or move on to the next spot.
My concern is we may find ourselves wasting time searching for accom if we don't book in advance? Also is it easy enough to park in the main towns?
Thanks in advance, any advice would be appreciated. Travelling with fiance, both mid 30's.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 2 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 3 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 4 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 5 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 6 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 7 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 8 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 9 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 10 International Flight Question
- 11 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 12 Interesting places to visit
- 13 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 14 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 15 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 16 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 17 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 18 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 19 Budapest in December 2017
- 20 Petrol in Greece
- 21 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 22 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 23 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 24 Dijon in December!
- 25 Amalfi Coast - help!