We have a trip planned in early October to Italy to the above locations.
Florence 2 nights
Tuscany 4 nights
Bologna 2 nights
I am just trying to figure out the Tuscany side of our trip & need some help. We are wanting to hire a car for the duration of our stay in Tuscany, my thoughts were to pick it up in Lucca (first stop) and then drive to Bologna and drop off there, first of all - what is the most scenic route to Bologna and is it worth the drive or would drop the car in Tuscany and train up?
Secondly - we have 4 days in Tuscany, a little bit of planning is required but really we just want to jump in the car each day and see where we end up, and this means booking the accom each night as we go...good idea or bad idea? should we just choose a base and pre-book? if so where is a nice spot to base ourselves.
The main towns/cities we want to see are:
and all the smaller towns in between.......once we are there I guess we will decide on how long we spend there, a day or overnight etc, or move on to the next spot.
My concern is we may find ourselves wasting time searching for accom if we don't book in advance? Also is it easy enough to park in the main towns?
Thanks in advance, any advice would be appreciated. Travelling with fiance, both mid 30's.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://newsupplements2017.com/andronite-enhanced/
- 2 http://menintalk.com/peruvian-brew/
- 3 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 4 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 5 Italy bus or train
- 6 Ireland itinerary help please
- 7 May get together in Paris
- 8 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 9 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 10 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 11 Best neighborhood for first timer to Lisbon, Portugal
- 12 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 13 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 14 Naples/The Amalfi Coast...and Sicily?
- 15 Canal du Midi
- 16 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 17 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 18 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 19 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 20 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 21 Perugia
- 22 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 23 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 24 Praiano
- 25 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice