We have a trip planned in early October to Italy to the above locations.
Florence 2 nights
Tuscany 4 nights
Bologna 2 nights
I am just trying to figure out the Tuscany side of our trip & need some help. We are wanting to hire a car for the duration of our stay in Tuscany, my thoughts were to pick it up in Lucca (first stop) and then drive to Bologna and drop off there, first of all - what is the most scenic route to Bologna and is it worth the drive or would drop the car in Tuscany and train up?
Secondly - we have 4 days in Tuscany, a little bit of planning is required but really we just want to jump in the car each day and see where we end up, and this means booking the accom each night as we go...good idea or bad idea? should we just choose a base and pre-book? if so where is a nice spot to base ourselves.
The main towns/cities we want to see are:
and all the smaller towns in between.......once we are there I guess we will decide on how long we spend there, a day or overnight etc, or move on to the next spot.
My concern is we may find ourselves wasting time searching for accom if we don't book in advance? Also is it easy enough to park in the main towns?
Thanks in advance, any advice would be appreciated. Travelling with fiance, both mid 30's.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 스타카지노＼＼『 OWE82.COM 』＼＼스타카지노
- 2 First EuroTrip decision/planning help
- 3 Railpass VS Point-to-Point
- 4 7 Days, 7 Counties, 3 Generations Southwest Sampler
- 5 Travel tips for Budapest-July 2016
- 6 Stratford-upon-avon in England
- 7 Budapest questions round 1
- 8 Christmas trip to Germany, what city?
- 9 8 hours Layover in Paris
- 10 Barcelona in 2 Days
- 11 Fabulous Greece-Santorini, Naxos and Athens
- 12 Do Franprix or Monoprix stores offer delivery services?
- 13 5 nights near British Museum mid September?
- 14 Paths of the God's on Amalfi coast?
- 15 Riviera roadtrip
- 16 Help requested with : Hotels with good access in Lucerne and Interlake area
- 17 If Greece exits
- 18 Help in Planning Train Schedule Milan/Florence/Rome/Milan
- 19 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 20 Last Supper Tickets Milan
- 21 Rail Itinerary around Northern/Central Italy
- 22 Looking for architecture, paintings, castles, etc
- 23 Iceland
- 24 First Trip To Spain, 10 day Itinerary
- 25 Barcelona sites: attire