My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy for May 1-15. We are planning on flying into Florence, and leaving from Rome. I have several questions that I would really appreciate your feedback on. I should mention that I will be 4 months pregnant at the time.
We're spending two nights in Florence (we've both been there), and then would like to rent a car and head to Tuscany for 6 nights.
1) Can we rent an automatic car? Where is the best place to rent a car to avoid ZTL- downtown florence? We would like to rent ahead of time, anyone have a good link to share? TIA
2) We are planning on using two bases in Tuscany, one in Lucca (3 nights) to visit Lucca, Pisa, Montecanti-terme and the coast, and the other perhaps in Chianti or Siena? Any recommendations on which one is better? We are heading back to Florence after Tuscany.
Our plan is to then take a train from Florence to Naples.
3)From there, what is the best way to get to Sorrento? Can we possibly rent a private transfer ahead of time to stop and tour in pompei on the way? Anyone have a link for that?
4) From Sorrento, we'd like to see different parts of Amalfi. Anyone have any tours they would recommend?
Thanks so much for your feedback!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 2 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 3 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 4 The annual Ganesha procession in Paris
- 5 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 6 italy Cinque Terre and Lake Como
- 7 Trip Report: Bulgaria, Danube River cruise, and more, May 2016
- 8 Orleans to Amboise on a Sunday
- 9 Late October European trek/hike location suggestions
- 10 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 11 Where to start Chiantigiana drive from Montepulciano?
- 12 20 free days of Europe
- 13 Venice to Rome via Pisa in 1 day
- 14 CDG international flight
- 15 *Need help w/Puglia itinerary*
- 16 12 days europe
- 17 4 nights between Zeebrugge and Strasbourg
- 18 Budapest on a budget
- 19 Seville in late January
- 20 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?
- 21 Help! American needs to get into Italy after staying >90 days
- 22 Help family trip Sardinia with 2years old
- 23 3 days to spend in europe
- 24 Getting to CDG Airport from Le Marais
- 25 RFID Protection