My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy for May 1-15. We are planning on flying into Florence, and leaving from Rome. I have several questions that I would really appreciate your feedback on. I should mention that I will be 4 months pregnant at the time.
We're spending two nights in Florence (we've both been there), and then would like to rent a car and head to Tuscany for 6 nights.
1) Can we rent an automatic car? Where is the best place to rent a car to avoid ZTL- downtown florence? We would like to rent ahead of time, anyone have a good link to share? TIA
2) We are planning on using two bases in Tuscany, one in Lucca (3 nights) to visit Lucca, Pisa, Montecanti-terme and the coast, and the other perhaps in Chianti or Siena? Any recommendations on which one is better? We are heading back to Florence after Tuscany.
Our plan is to then take a train from Florence to Naples.
3)From there, what is the best way to get to Sorrento? Can we possibly rent a private transfer ahead of time to stop and tour in pompei on the way? Anyone have a link for that?
4) From Sorrento, we'd like to see different parts of Amalfi. Anyone have any tours they would recommend?
Thanks so much for your feedback!
Florence, Tuscany, Amalfi Itinerary help please!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Globus Tours
- 2 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 3 Skip the line at Vatican museum?
- 4 impact of the euro on travel costs
- 5 First Trip to Europe
- 6 Paris -> Berlin - What's the cheapest mode of transportation?
- 7 La Barceloneta Protests.
- 8 Itinerary Check: Zurich, Munich, Prague, VIenna and Berlin in 20 Days
- 9 Travel Time from St. Pancras to Paddington
- 10 Switzerland--how is rain impacting hiking in engadines? sils maria?
- 11 guided tours at Prado and Granada
- 12 Aix-en-Provence to Paris
- 13 London hotel tax is 20%
- 14 ITALY
- 15 Help for San Sebastian
- 16 Frankfurt Airport: 2 hours from touchdown to train. Go for it???
- 17 Royal Opera House question?
- 18 Regensburg or Cesky Krumlov for Two Nights
- 19 3 days in Rome
- 20 Please help with itinerary...
- 21 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 22 Mosel Valley Base - NOT Rhine Valley Base
- 23 Finalizing plans for September trip - is this doable
- 24 Looking for a month long vacation rental in France
- 25 Piedmont - Scenic Drive