My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy for May 1-15. We are planning on flying into Florence, and leaving from Rome. I have several questions that I would really appreciate your feedback on. I should mention that I will be 4 months pregnant at the time.
We're spending two nights in Florence (we've both been there), and then would like to rent a car and head to Tuscany for 6 nights.
1) Can we rent an automatic car? Where is the best place to rent a car to avoid ZTL- downtown florence? We would like to rent ahead of time, anyone have a good link to share? TIA
2) We are planning on using two bases in Tuscany, one in Lucca (3 nights) to visit Lucca, Pisa, Montecanti-terme and the coast, and the other perhaps in Chianti or Siena? Any recommendations on which one is better? We are heading back to Florence after Tuscany.
Our plan is to then take a train from Florence to Naples.
3)From there, what is the best way to get to Sorrento? Can we possibly rent a private transfer ahead of time to stop and tour in pompei on the way? Anyone have a link for that?
4) From Sorrento, we'd like to see different parts of Amalfi. Anyone have any tours they would recommend?
Thanks so much for your feedback!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 2 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 3 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 4 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 5 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 6 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 7 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 8 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 9 Ireland in April
- 10 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 11 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 12 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 13 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 14 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 15 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 16 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 17 If you had to choose one......
- 18 getting to CDG
- 19 Towersey, London
- 20 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 21 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 22 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 23 Preliminary planning -- a month in Greece
- 24 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 25 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas