My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy for May 1-15. We are planning on flying into Florence, and leaving from Rome. I have several questions that I would really appreciate your feedback on. I should mention that I will be 4 months pregnant at the time.
We're spending two nights in Florence (we've both been there), and then would like to rent a car and head to Tuscany for 6 nights.
1) Can we rent an automatic car? Where is the best place to rent a car to avoid ZTL- downtown florence? We would like to rent ahead of time, anyone have a good link to share? TIA
2) We are planning on using two bases in Tuscany, one in Lucca (3 nights) to visit Lucca, Pisa, Montecanti-terme and the coast, and the other perhaps in Chianti or Siena? Any recommendations on which one is better? We are heading back to Florence after Tuscany.
Our plan is to then take a train from Florence to Naples.
3)From there, what is the best way to get to Sorrento? Can we possibly rent a private transfer ahead of time to stop and tour in pompei on the way? Anyone have a link for that?
4) From Sorrento, we'd like to see different parts of Amalfi. Anyone have any tours they would recommend?
Thanks so much for your feedback!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train rides
- 2 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 3 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 4 italy itinerary request
- 5 Bike packing Iceland food supply
- 6 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 7 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 8 First time in Italy
- 9 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 10 Shopping Paris for Teenage Girl
- 11 Is a canal pass and museum entry worth buying ahead of visit?
- 12 Sample itinerary Germany in March
- 13 Eagle's Nest weather, Germany
- 14 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 15 Swiss Alps to Florence
- 16 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 17 Rome> Salerno>Positano ??
- 18 Renting a car in Florence
- 19 What about Basque Country?
- 20 Salento penninsula
- 21 Searching for beach town in Amalfi area for summer holiday
- 22 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 23 Toulouse, The Dordogne(based in Sarlat) and Paris
- 24 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 25 Where to stay in Emilia-Romagna for best food?